A GAME OF OVERTHINKING LATTE AND DEPRESSION CAPPUCCINO!!
As your hair brushed your cheeks, and those eyes twinkled more than the stars, and that smile which lightened everybody’s day, that day I could hear my heartbeat a little faster, it was as if the rainbow had met the hurricane and mind you. I am not talking about my 8th class crush after the rejection I had faced from him, I never thought I would fall in love with someone. But our hearts are fragile! We fall for every human being that leads us to the road of damage, and yes! this road too led me to damage, I had met a hurricane of depression which shadowed my rainbow of happiness, the day seemed like a long endless cycle of brightness, the night had become my best friend.
Haven’t we all been rejected in our life by something or the other or we have faced some issues that made us overthink and eventually it leads to depression. Overthinking might not do that much damage than depression can. Just like every RAJ is incomplete without their SIMRAN, BATMAN is incomplete without ROBIN, ICE CREAM parlors are incomplete without CHOCOLATE ice cream the same way OVERTHINKING is incomplete without DEPRESSION. Just as every sworn in brother is expected to take care of their so-called sisters and they aren’t able to similarly OVERTHINKING is the foster brother/sister of DEPRESSION.
GOTHAM CITY NEEDS SAVING FROM DEPRESSION CAPPUCCINO!!!!!!!!!!!
The Gotham city has been affected by a deadly coffee named “DEPRESSION CAPPUCCINO”, it’s slowly killing people in Gotham City, “BATMAN WE NEED YOUR HELP”. But first, let’s figure out what is depression?
- Depression: can be known as a mood disorder where a person is constantly feeling sad, angry, lost. It affects how you feel, thinks, or behave. It can also lead to a person’s ability to function effectively both physically and mentally.
- Also, people sometimes have a misconception about depression that feeling sad or grieving over the death of someone we loved can be counted into depression but it is not, instead if someone has been feeling low or sad for more than a consistent period then we can term it as depression.
- Overthinking can also lead to depression: many times because our brain is constantly thinking of that one situation over and over again and is not able to overcome that thought or that situation and that can lead to prolonged periods of being stressed, sad and can also lead to feelings of hopelessness which eventually leads to depression.
BUT DON’T WORRY BATMAN IS HERE TO FIGHT THIS EVIL AND CURE IT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!
SIGNS AND PREVALENCE!
Are you feeling worked up fast? you can’t even enjoy watching a new series that you once binged watched? that brick of dark chocolate that rests in your fridge you don’t feel like eating it anymore? when you had that small cut on your finger you would go crying to your mother and not having those thoughts of scratching cutting your hands or self-harming pondering over your head again and again?
Well if you agree to more than one question asked above then you might be suffering from depression cappuccino! Here is a list to make it more clear to you as to what are the signs of depression.
- feeling low most of the time.
- lack interest in daily activities like binge-watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
- loss of appetite or overeating like not eating that dark chocolate which is your favorite.
- thoughts about self-harm, suicide, or death.
- disrupted sleeping patterns.
- negative thoughts about self, life, or future
- feeling guilty about past decisions.
- feelings of unworthiness.
- getting tired very quickly when in the past you used to be the fastest person alive to do everything and not be tired about it.
- While everybody considered you to be the master of your decision you really can’t now make decisions, difficulty making decisions.
According to the Study of the prevalence of depression in adolescent students of a public school, It was found that three to nine percent of teenagers meet the criteria for depression at any one time, and at the end of adolescence, as many as 20% of teenagers report a lifetime prevalence of depression. In today’s world, the number of people being depressed is increasing more than the number of likes in a person’s post.
WHY IS DEPRESSION MORE PREVALENT IN OUR SOCIETY?
THAN ANY OTHER COFFEE IN THE WORLD?
Why is that depression cappuccino is more liked by the people all around the world than is normal coffee what is more intriguing about it, well some might say because of it’s a smell or because of its taste, well let’s examine here the causes of depression cappuccino in our society:
- FAMILY HISTORY: One of the major causes of depression can be because of a prolonged history of depression in your family or for that case any other mood disorder.
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS: Another cause of depression can be because of certain medical conditions like ADHD(attention hyper deficit disorder), or insomnia, chronic pain, etc.
- STRESSFUL EVENT: Loss of loved one or divorce or for that matter any traumatic event that might have happened in the past or the present can also lead to depression.
- POOR DIET: A poor diet can also lead to depression, a variety of mineral and vitamin deficiencies are known to cause depression
Other causes of depression may include:
- SUBSTANCE USE
- GRIEF AND LOSS
Like everything comes with a lot of options these days depression cappuccino has its types and magical ways to treat those options.
- MAJOR DEPRESSION: You might have this type if you feel depressed most of the time for most days of the week. When even ice-cream can’t help you uplift your mood then it is called major depression.
Some of Major Depression symptoms may include:
- Loss of interest or pleasure in your activities.
- Trouble getting to sleep or feeling sleepy during the day.
- Being tired and without energy.
- Feeling worthless or guilty.
- Thoughts of suicide.
PERSISTENT DEPRESSIVE DISORDER:
- If someone is having depression for more than 2 years then we can term it as a persistent depressive disorder.
Some of its symptoms include:
- Change in appetite.
- Lack of energy, fatigue.
- Trouble concentrating or making decisions.
- Feel hopeless.
SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER:
- It is a period of major depression that most often happens during the winter months when the days grow short and you get less and less sunlight. It typically goes away in the spring and summer.
- People with psychotic depression have symptoms of major depression along with “psychotic” symptoms,
- Hallucinations (false perception, i.e, seeing or hearing things that are not present).
- Delusions (unshakable false belief).
- Paranoia (wrongly believing that others are trying to harm you).
IN WHOSE COURT IS THE BALL:
According to various studies published on gender differences, it is seen that women express themselves more while men are supposed to be strong, naive.
So a lot of studies have done say that women are comparatively less depressed than men are as a woman can be diagnosed and treated with it, unlike a man who isn’t able to express himself. Everyone has different ways of venting out their emotions as most are unable to express themselves they may keep bottling these emotions inside themselves.
So, it is most evident that men are more likely to be depressed than women. But many men may show different signs of depression. Apart from the standardized symptoms mentioned as:
- misusing alcohol
- isolating oneself
- feeling numb or empty
- risk-taking (driving fast)
- escapism (working late etc)
Research also indicates that the increased risk of depression in transgender people and people who identify beyond the male/female gender binary starts young.
A 2018 study found that the prevalence of depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation in transgender and gender non-conforming youth was seven-fold higher than their cis-gendered peers.
Studies have also shown that kids and teens experiencing gender dysphoria and/or questioning their sexual orientation are more vulnerable to depression.
THE GREAT WAR OF DEPRESSION CAPPUCCINO AND OVERTHINKING LATTE.
Those names sound so alluring that you may wanna have both of them. But unfortunately, neither of them is good for your health. Those are such fancy names with a lot of fancy prices. But trust me you wouldn’t wanna have either of them. At first they may look similar, taste similar even both of them may look alluring but no. They are two different coffee of this planet.
- Prevalence: While overthinking latte also leads to mood disorder, feelings of sadness but it is prevalent only for a short period where depression cappuccino leads to more prolonged areas of sadness for more than a week or two.
- Addiction: While overthinking latte doesn’t consist of caffeine addiction. The depression cappuccino has caffeine in it and can hop onto your mind like a bee. And suck out the nectar out of your body.
- Professional Help: While overthinking latte can be drunk alone without company or medical advice or therapist, depression cappuccino makes you ask for the company a registered counselor or therapist is needed for it to be cured.
- Energy: Overthinking latte doesn’t make you feel less energized but depression cappuccino does.
- Interest: Overthinking doesn’t make you wanna leave your favorite ice-cream rot in the fridge but it makes you wanna try different flavors whereas depression cappuccino makes you vomit over that ice-cream.
Both of them have different styles of how they are made. They might look similar to you, but they have a lot of ingredients. That are not common in both and all those ingredients in both the coffee is harmful to your health.
IS IT A MATTER OF CONCERN?
Yes, depression is a matter of concern to whomsoever is struggling with it. Because it damages your brain, as well as your physical and mental health. It leads to other types of psychological disorders. Being depressed in today’s world is very common because of the situations, the stress that one goes through. But not to worry it is a curable any good psychologist can help you recover yourself from this. Seeking therapy for something that is eating you up from the inside is not anything to be embarrassed about! Because just as we use make-up, or other products to look good. Therapy is important for our physical and mental being.
IT’S TIME FOR THE AVENGERS INSIDE YOU. TO ASSEMBLE AND KILL THIS MONSTROUS BEE THAT IS SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF YOU. SO GET UP! BECAUSE IT’S TIME TO FIGHT AND BE THE HERO EVERYBODY WANTS YOU TO BE.