You are the STEER!

Notifications
Clear all

You are the STEER!

53 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I always thought I would take up something related to biology but soon I had the realization that I have no interest in pursuing science. Then it was my mother who told me about this great field of study, 'PSYCHOLOGY'. Doing quick research, I was immediately engrossed in the subject. I was sure about my decision after I went through the list stating the 'Qualities required to be a psychologist' on Quora 😆 . Though I was a good student, my parents specified that I must get above 90% in my 10th boards so that no one can tell that I pursued Arts as I scored less. Wierd pressure. 😌  

Thankfully, I got great marks and was allowed to pursue Arts 😎 . My parents became aware and educated about the field of psychology and the stream of arts when they saw the high cut off lists in colleges around the country. They understood the growing, much-needed importance of this field especially relating to the current times. Learn to give some time to your parents too as these things are new to them.

I'm determined to pursue Clinical psychology so far. I would suggest everyone who is interested in this field to start looking for various weekly courses or internships or webinars available in this lockdown period. Opportunities are flooding now due to the virtual aspect. Age restrictions are there in very few ones. Grab this chance to explore as much as possible not only regarding your own interest but others too. I have benefitted so much from these workshops. Psychology is a broad field to walk in so take your time to figure out your specializations. 

Wish you all the very best!!! 🤗 🤗 🤗 

Karisma December 13, 2020 12:57 am

@jini22 It's so amazing, to hear that not only did your parents supported you but they also took the initiative to learn about the subject matter themselves, and rightfully said these things are new to our parents spending some time explaining them the subject and ourselves is something that we should do.

And so true on taking as course or rather opportunities to gain knowledge and experience during this pandemic is something we should look in to as it will only help you strengthen your skills and expand your knowledge. 

Vanshika Nagda December 13, 2020 9:44 am

Its so good to hear that your parents were supportive and educated themselves as well. All the best to you. 

Sneha Agrawal December 13, 2020 10:27 am

Its good to see ,that where still many parents do not support the field of arts compared to Science or Commerce,ur parents encouraged to take take up this field as a career.Don't worry,there's a lot of scope in Psychology. I hope ur success will answer to everyone and u no need to justify ur choice of taking Arts.Best wishes for the future.✨

Simran Rai December 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience... You are lucky to have such supporting parents.. more power to you 😊 all the best

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 1:20 pm

Good read! 

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 1:40 pm

You are the steer indeed. Keeping doing whatever makes you happy

Thanks for sharing 

Tanisha Ajmani December 13, 2020 1:54 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience. Loved it!

Iarisa Nongbet December 13, 2020 1:57 pm

The weird pressure is so relatable 😆 . Glad you found your passion. All the very best.

Diksha Tarnekar December 13, 2020 7:16 pm

Hey! So great to hear about your passion for psychology. All the best for your future.

Kirti manaktala December 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Its good to hear that your parents were supportive. I wish you lots of luck for your future. Stay safe and take care. 

Mohini Agrawal December 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Hey jiya! Thank you for sharing your experience hope you excel. Good luck!

Gourinanda T S December 14, 2020 12:55 am

Hai dear, happy to read your experience. Alk the best for your better future. 

Khushi Garg December 14, 2020 1:15 am

I faced the same problem as you too, though with me I was the one who put the pressure of getting more than 90 on myself. It was new for my parents as well but my father supported my decisions and is still supporting me with everything. 

Tanisha Jain December 14, 2020 2:53 am

So glad your parents are so supportive! Haha if you come across any particularly good webinars and such do share! Best of luck and look forward to reading more from you 🙂

Reva Garg December 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Hey Jiniya! This is very inspiring. I am really glad you found your calling. All the best for your journey ahead! <3

19 Answers

Such a motivation you are!

• Following and living our dreams never prove us wrong. That's true for sure.

Good luck !🌟

I wish you become the most successful person you ever wanted.

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 13, 2020 6:26 pm

Thanks a lot. Same to you too 😊 

It really inspired me..

Great thing to know about 

Thanks for sharing the experience 

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 13, 2020 6:27 pm

🤗 🤗 🤗 

Hey inspiration ! 

I'm glad i took up this internship.  You did amazing.  Good going !🌻

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 13, 2020 6:27 pm

😊 😊 😊 

It was great reading about your experience ☺️ you are right about the webinars and courses. Best wishes

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 13, 2020 6:28 pm

Same to you 😊 

So good to see that you're so passionate about your field and that you're actively taking efforts to evolve, improvise and learn. Clinical Psychology is truly an intriguing field 😊 Looking forward to hear about your other wonderful experiences with this field

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Thanks a lot 🤗 

Woah , that’s amazing ... wishing you success and luck

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 13, 2020 6:29 pm

🤗 🤗 🤗 

Wow! First of all, congratulations on your boards! and second of all, it is so cool you knew when to do what and reached your goals! I can't wait to know you more and talk to you. 

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 13, 2020 6:30 pm

Same here 😊 🤗 

That was a good description along with a very useful advise. Workshops and internships are a must in field of Psychology as it is more practical and one gets better only through experience.

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 13, 2020 6:30 pm

😊 😊 😊 

Hey, 

I am so glad to hear that you chose a path that interests you and did not choose something that Is not of your interest. I am happy that your parents prioritised your passion and supported you throughout your career. Hope you can reach great heights and fullfill all your dreams. All the best!

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 14, 2020 12:39 am

Thanks a lot 🤗 

I wish you become the most successful person you ever wanted. All the best.

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 14, 2020 12:39 am

Thanks 😊 

Yes it's so great to join some workshops related to psychology because they really teach you a lot. Same happened with me too and I took some workshops to learn more about it and it was really a fun experience and I am also glad how your parents were supportive of you and how they took time to learn about the field.💕

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 14, 2020 12:40 am

It's great that you are so enthusiastic about attending workshops and broadening your knowledge base. 😊 🤗 

Hi! So happy that you pursued something you were truly passionate about and interested in!

Thankyou for sharing your experience! and I absolutely agree that The field of psychology is undoubtedly growing and is needed now more than ever!

All the best for your future!

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 14, 2020 12:41 am

🤗 🤗 🤗 

You've made a good choice but I can see that you've a lot of pressure from society. You don't have to prove anything to anyone. You can pursue your dream through your passion. No grades are needed. You'll make your way if you have great desires for something!

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:44 pm

Thanks a lot for your good wishes. Same to you too. 😊 

It was really informative and I am sure it'd help so many people. Thank you for sharing your story ❤️

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:44 pm

😊 😊 😊 

Really nice to hear about your journey and introduction to the subject of psychology. I hope this subject continues to wow you forever.

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:46 pm

Thanks. I hope the same for you too. 🤗 

Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience with us.

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:46 pm

😊 😊 😊 

It's nice to know that your mother has introduced this course to you. Since most of the parents prefer their child to be in a science and engineering field. And thank you for giving it a try and pursuing it. Rooting for your success and Thank you for sharing this insightful experience.

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:48 pm

Yes only because of my mother's guidance I came across this really interesting subject. Thanks a lot. I hope you achieve what you are working hard for. 😊 

Good to hear you have such supportive parents. I appreciate your effort to explore this field and later develop passion. 

Yes it is a weird pressure in Indian society 😑 to score well. But for an enthusiast like you, it must have been pretty easy. goodluck 

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:50 pm

We are all fighters in our story and that makes us stronger. It's never easy to achieve things, especially what you want. So we all need face the storm and survive too with a smile. 😊 😊 😊 

Hey!!!...

Thank you for sharing your experience...

I'm really sure you'll become a great clinical psychologist in the future..

All the very best..

Good times ahead

Jiniya Chakraborty Topic starter December 24, 2020 8:31 pm

Thanks a lot 😊 

Share: