Listen to your Hear...

Notifications
Clear all

Listen to your Heart

67 Posts
47 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

When everyone was telling me this and that, I was busy visualizing myself where I would stand if I did what I wanted to do... but the irony was I was still unaware of what lies deep in my heart, what do I enjoy the most, Where I can go and keep on going passionately...

I passed my boards with 86%. I was always interested in science... learning facts -I used to love it. I chose science stream for my junior college education. As I was in science I gave 2 of the entrance exam that a science student has to give, JEE and MHT-CET... I got a pretty good percentile on both the tests. Somehow my 12th boards ended... without me studying properly. Anyways, I became qualified for various majors such as engineering, pharmacy, nursing, agriculture, etc. But I found myself in a void. I was still unable to choose future major. I asked here and there but no use. My brother's friend suggested me to look into psychology field. It sounded interesting as I never acquainted with this topic ever before in my life. I surfed Internet for a whole day. Finally I decided to choose psychology. Everyone was telling me to do either engineering or pharmacy, nursing, I became pressurized, I had to reconsider my decision again and again. But I don't know how much I got influenced by Psychology in just a day, I stayed put on my decision. And nowhere I am, I still am learning science which I liked and doing what I came to like. And I don't regret leaving science stream and joining humanities at all. 

My message to all the people out there is that, Listen to your heart, don't get influenced by others when it comes to your own future and learn to take responsibilities of your own decisions instead of looking for someone else to blame when you face consequences. Most importantly don't regret your own decisions, instead tell yourself that everything happens for a reason. It doesn't matter if it is good or bad. Keep it up. You are already doing pretty good...

Prerna Dash December 12, 2020 11:43 pm

@yamini24 I completely agree with you, we should never listen to people and let them influence our decisions. Psychology is always exciting and intriguing, and builds curiosity in students. Keep learning!

Aanandi khanna December 13, 2020 12:37 am

@yamini24 this made my day

Karisma December 13, 2020 12:38 am

@yamini24 totally agreed, we are the best judge, friend , critic of ourselves and this it's so important to listen to what you want rather that what others tell you. So glad that you didn't let yourself get persuade and stuck to what your heart wanted.

A.Basu December 13, 2020 1:35 am

@yamini24 good to know your experience. thanks for sharing. Good luck

Avantika Mehrotra December 13, 2020 3:20 am

@yamini24 Absolutely right yamini. Do whatever your heart says you to do because all the people who influenced you to do different things won't come to help you if something bad happens or you face consequences after taking a decision. It's only your choice and decision whether to do that thing or not. And now that you've made your mind to study psychology i ensure you that you won't regret it. 

Vanshika Nagda December 13, 2020 10:05 am

so good to hear you stuck to what felt right to you i think its very important. All the best

Aparna Jayachandran December 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Hey, I can relate to you completely on a personal level. I am so glad that you decided to follow your heart because when we decide to do something for ourselves there is a lot at stake. And we should also realize that we can not make everyone happy in the process of doing so.

Shruti Shashidharan December 13, 2020 1:32 pm

@yamini24 This is truly encouraging! I pretty much had the same educational background, I'd always known to be a science student. So I did struggle a bit with the change to Arts after my Junior College, but I couldn't be happier with my decision. I'm so glad you stuck to your choice and when you were confused, you acknowledged it and tried your best to figure out and explore your options! Wishing you the best <3

Neha Upasani December 13, 2020 5:35 pm

Sure dear...All must understand these concepts...And also we must decide what we want to do as it's our life...

Navleen Kaur December 13, 2020 8:09 pm

I completely agree with you, we should never listen to people and let them influence our decisions. Psychology is always exciting and intriguing, and builds curiosity in students. I would love to connect with you!

Azha Amina Akbar December 13, 2020 8:13 pm

Agree with you, Yamini. Our major choices in life should depend on us alone. We should never let another person choose for us. All the best. Looking forward to working with you. 

Sani Lavakush December 13, 2020 8:24 pm

I agree! The only person we should listen to is we ourselves. We are often misguided by others so it's better to make important life decisions on our own. 

Shatakshi Garg December 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Great to know your experience! All the best for your future!

Kirtika Tiwari December 13, 2020 8:40 pm

The title in itself is a whole story. I'm so glad you took the right decision for yourself.proud of you!

Elysia Fernandes December 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Reading this put a smile to my face :’) Such beautiful words. Keep doing you because you’re amazing❤️ Keep it up!

Ritu raj December 14, 2020 5:39 pm

I am also interested in clinical psychology . I take this message as a motivation thank you 😊

Janvhi Agrawal December 14, 2020 5:46 pm

You are so right. I am also a formal science student and it drained me dry. But changing my field was one of the best decisions of my life till now, and yes, just believe in yourself. Everything will fall in place.

Poojitha December 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Listening to your heart is very important. Even I was very unsure about what I like and what I'm good at. As a kid, I always told that I'll become a doctor but later in life, I realised that is not something I want and It got clear when I went to the college I had to join. As soon as I came out of that college I joined into a psychology course with mass communication. Two things I was very interested in and I'm happy about my decision. 

Reva Garg December 14, 2020 6:40 pm

Hey Yamini! That is a beautiful advice. I completely agree with all you said. All the best for your journey ahead. Sending smiles and love <3 

Fatima Vinod December 14, 2020 6:52 pm

I had the same dilemma too when I was in 10th grade, I had the opportunity to choose science and all my teachers also wanted me too, I was in conflict with myself as I wanted to do psychology and not any of the STEM subjects. I’m so glad that you and I chose to pursue psychology. More power to you. 

Dhriti Chadha December 15, 2020 7:16 am

Your story is extremely inspiring! We shall focus on what our heart wants and follow it. Life is too short to live by the norms. And also, the sky is the limit, isn’t it?

Sanskriti sharma December 15, 2020 2:21 pm

When our heart itself doesn't know the direction it gets tough........ 

More power to you. 

Nandhini December 15, 2020 3:55 pm

Its really made my day ❤

Pooja Gupta January 31, 2021 12:38 pm

Hello Yamini! I think all of us who had taken up science in 12th had a tough choice to choose psychology. Parents were really unaware and scared whereas other fellow mates always questioned it's scope. Every word of your article I can relate to. Your message is truly good and informative. Let's spread this message and make others aware!

21 Answers

This made my day! Dream high and never let anyone set your limits!❤️

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:36 pm

thank you Alby 😍 😍 

We should do things which we like because it's for our benefit only 

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:43 pm

you're right 🙂 🙂 

Exactly! This post is really relatable beacuse I have gone through the same situation.

And trust me changing the stream requires a lot of strength and courage. And I appreciate you for that.

Just follow your dreams and good luck for your future.☺️🌟

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:45 pm

I am glad you could relate and hope you found your way which you won't hesitate to go on... 🙂 🙂 🤗 🤗 

Your message just touched my heart, always listen to your heart ad never regret your decisions. Keep going. Wish you success and happiness 

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:48 pm

thank you... I wish the same for you too Ayeman 🤗 🤗 

Hello yamini, a mind blowing piece of work . your journey was so relatable for me as the set of the same whole process is going on in my life, but even after hearing to change my field of interest for hundreds of times...my heart still beats from within the word "psychology" constantly . That's the reason of me being here to. Best wishes for you reach great heights in this field.

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:49 pm

I hope you can find your way out successfully... Good luck... 🤗 🤗 🙂 🙂 

I'm glad you found your calling . And what is even more inspiring that you had the courage , determination and perseverance to follow it and achieve your dreams😊 Thank you so much for sharing your experience.  Learning to stay true to oneself is something that I'll always remember 

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:51 pm

thanks for reading my experience and appreciating it. I am glad you took something out from it 😍 

Heyyy i felt very good after reading this. You gave yourself time to choose your path.♥️

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:52 pm

thanks, Jaspreet. I am glad you liked it. 🙂 🙂 😊 

That's very inspiring. I hope everyone follows their heart. All the best!!

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:46 pm

thanks, Kritika 😍 😍 

Big dissions can be confusing , relax life’s a long journey ahead . Much love and light

Swarnima Tewari December 13, 2020 1:48 pm

We should always listen to our hearts . Good luck for ahead .

Same situation🤗🤝

True words❤️Just listen to yourself and no one can stop you from achieving that🌸

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:47 pm

hope you did what you wanted when you were going through the same... 🙂 🙂 

Your story presents a beautiful and bold message. 

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:42 pm

thank you 😍 😍 

It's good to have heard your journey.

All the best for your future

thanks kavita

This is written in such beautiful word. Each and every line in true. You should always listen to yourself and not let anyone influence  you. All the best for you future.

thank you... Suja 😍 😍 

Relate with your experience a lot!!!

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:41 pm

I am glad...

Hi Yamini!

It was a great experience to read how you came to choose psychology as your major subject after 12th.

Congratulations to you!

Best wishes,

Sneha

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:40 pm

thank you for your wishes... 😍 😍 

It is actually really important to choose what you want to do since it's your life that's going to be affected by your decision not others and I am so glad you sticked with your decision. Even though some people give advice thinking that they are telling us for our benefit but sometimes it's important to just go your own way as they don't know you as you know yourself.

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:39 pm

true... 

Some decisions change your life in just a single night. And they eventually make you so proud of the choices that you made before.

You did a great job! Keep going and growing!🧡

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:39 pm

thank you, Lisha 😍 😍 

hi Yamini,  

Good listening you. 

Well said that listen your heart,  I just want to add listen your heart but never forget to take your brain with that.  Be aware of what reality is going around too. And keep going. 

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:38 pm

thanks for the advice... I'll keep that in mind. 🙂 🙂 

reading your experience gave me a positive vibe and your message touched my heart! keep going and all the best! ❤️ 

Yamini Topic starter December 15, 2020 5:37 pm

thanks, Disha 😍 😍 

That was a great step!

It's too hard to handle pressure from family and do what you want to. I had scored 90% in my boards and was being pressurized to take science. But I was too strong to hold my ground and took humanities. I don't regret the decision and would love yo continue studying psychology.

Yamini Topic starter December 16, 2020 11:20 am

thank you for appreciating... 😍 

Fathima Muskaan December 25, 2020 4:07 pm

You're welcome❤️

Heyyy!!!

Really appreciate your passion for science and I'm glad you filled your void with Psychology.

Listening to our hearts really is the best any of can do...Thank you for sharing this..

Wishing you all the best for the future..

Yamini Topic starter December 18, 2020 3:09 pm

thank you 🤗 🤗 

Share: