She bleeds river forming red seas
Not once, but every single month
She deals with the intense pain in her abdomen.
With a complimentary package of back pain and body ache.”
The hormonal changes during a mensural cycle affect the mood of a woman which triggers their emotions. Halfway through the ovulation, the body releases an egg, causing estrogen and progesterone level to fluctuate. Leading to both physical and emotional symptoms. Their emotions go up and down which varies from time to time. As the level of estrogen and progesterone changes, it influences the chemical nerve cell called the serotonin. Also, it regulates their mood, appetite, and sleep cycle. Each woman has a different combination of symptoms during this cycle. Usually, there are three different types of symptoms i.e. Emotional symptoms, Physical symptoms, and Behavioral symptoms.
DEALING WITH MOOD SWINGS
- Meditation: Regular meditation helps retain our brain and body and help us control our anxious thought. It refreshes us and helps out emotions to be in a balanced manner. Especially during mensuration when the hormone affects our mood. As the pain killer suppresses the pain, the meditation releases the pain. This meditation does not have any side effects instead it is advisable that meditation must be done on a regular basis in order to help get rid of period cramps and mood swings permanently.
- Diet: A proper diet during mensuration must be taken. Adding healthy food to your diet and removing others can help your body to stay energetic throughout the day. One should consume fruit, vegetable and try avoiding junk food. Also, too much salt, fat, sugar can affect our mood negatively. Staying hydrated reduce the chance of getting dehydration headaches. It also stops retaining water and bloating. One must increase the intake of calcium, magnesium, vitamin, etc., and try avoiding saturated fats, caffeine, etc.
- Sleep: Not getting enough sleep can affect one’s mood. It drains the mental energy and puts one’s physical health at risk. Missing out on proper sleep can make you feel groggy and grumpy. Also, it weakens immunity, increases blood pressure, memory issues, etc. Ideal hours of sleep must be 7-9 hours every day.
- Stress: Managing stress in one’s life is important and it can be done by yoga, exercise, and meditation in order to keep your mind stress free. Stress is one of the reasons for the delay in mensuration cycles and it shows a sign of an issue in the body. Thus stress must be managed properly
- Exercise: During mensuration, you may not feel like getting out of bed and exercising but Being active at least 30 minutes a day is necessary to stay energetic and fit. Even a walk on a daily basis can make you feel fresh and help with sad feelings. Continue exercising during mensuration but make sure not to exert too much which may make you fatigue
Is period pain normal?
How many of us know about the term “dysmenorrhea”? Periods are normal, but period pain is not. It is an issue that we don’t even know about, we think that it is normal. But, there is a medical term i.e. DYSMENORRHEA. Painful mensuration which is caused by urinal contraction is called dysmenorrhea. Dysmenorrhea is of two types:
- Primary Dysmenorrhea: They are recurring mensural cramps. Here, pain begins one or two days before the period or when bleeding actually starts. The pain may range from mild to severe in the lower back, abdomen, and thighs.
- Secondary Dysmenorrhea: They are painful periods due to a disorder or any type of infection in the reproductive organ. It usually lasts longer than a mensural cramp.
“Again I will say
Periods are normal,
Period pain is not.
A healthy life is what,
Your body deserves.
To stay away from an issue,
That can be suppressed.
Exercise, Proper Sleep,
Is what you need.
To get rid of this Issue called the
One must consult their gynecologist for any changes in their body due to mensuration. Make sure that your doctor is trustworthy and would guide you on the right path. Mensuration may be frustrating, but it is part of life. However, we may have a lot of supplements to deal with them but try avoiding them as much as possible and try going for natural remedies that do not have any side effects. Also, mild feelings of sadness and depression can be easily treated at home and you need not worry about it.