How I landed up in ...

Notifications
Clear all

How I landed up in a Law University

49 Posts
48 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter

The task says mention your experience which got me confused which one to mention as I have so many all thanks to my indecisiveness and over confidence, so I will share how I ended up taking Law as a career being a science student. 

From starting I was a bright student till 9th well everyone is but the real challenge comes when u r in high school , I never thought I would end up here because I hated Political Science and my biggest question was how are people able to learn so many sections and years so I chose a easy way out and decided to serve in the army well not so easy way but always wanted to do something memorable and make everyone proud but scored less in 12th which became a hurdle in this decision. The major reason why I scored less was because I got over confident and maybe a bit distracted and then someone suggested go for law and me being me said fine let's try this and ended up here. A sudden decision and I am a Law student.

Sreejita Sarkar December 12, 2020 3:09 pm

@sanyogitasharma You can excel in any field if you have the zeal. Over confidence can be a bad thing only if you view it to be so. Your career will only be a tiny fraction of your identity, so you be what you want to be. Law student or not, you're amazing. Marks will only drag you down. More power to you girl 🙂

OMKAR KATE December 12, 2020 3:17 pm

@sanyogitasharma

Hello,

Great experience. I can see your hate for political science. I really liked that you are trying to know the subject. I would like to wish you all the best for your future

Yashaswini Bhat December 12, 2020 3:38 pm

@sanyogitasharma thanks for sharing your feeling. i realy like the way you wrote. may u shine in your field.

kshithi December 12, 2020 3:47 pm

@sanyogitasharma hey! you never know maybe taking up law might be the best thing that ever happened to you, so keep doing good and have a great day!

Kirti manaktala December 12, 2020 4:07 pm

@sanyogitasharma it felt really nice to read through your post. I hope you do really well in our field. More power to you. 

Stay safe and take care 

Gurleen Kaur December 12, 2020 4:20 pm

@sanyogitasharma

even though you hated the subject ye you are trying. I hope you do really well. All the best!!

Aparna Jayachandran December 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Heyy!! it was fun reading your experience. This gets me thinking, life is full of surprises, so just go with the flow!!!

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 1:58 pm

When I was a kid I wanted be an adult

Now I'm an adult and I want to be a kid -_-

Because freedom is awefull and I can't decide what to have for dinner!!!!

Do you want to be an astronaut, a police office, a doctor, engineer, a lawyer, a pizza boy !?!

Pick!!

We always put so much pressure on which career to choose and we spend boring hours boring into our skin.

And life happens

You can always control things and you can never control things

You always get to choose and you never really get to choose

Because life happens and will keep happening

If you got some love and did some good things you are the lucky ones! 

Iarisa Nongbet December 13, 2020 1:59 pm

All the best for your future.

Chestha Dengri December 13, 2020 6:24 pm

Hiya! Thank you so much for sharing I hope you succeed in your field tremendously 

Saumya Srivastava December 13, 2020 6:50 pm

Hey, although all laws are based on political theories, political science and legal studies are actually very different and have a different focus altogether. Maybe you could read up about the current situation of the judiciary in India and then your passion may arise for the subject.

Diksha Tarnekar December 13, 2020 6:55 pm

@sanyogitasharma Hey!!!! I was a science student too before I opted for law. Tbh, it was like a leap of faith for me. I never thought I would be studying law but life always has better plans. It's going to be great. All the best 

Shraddha S. Kambli December 13, 2020 7:32 pm

Hey! All the very best wishes to you. Thank you for sharing. 

Yuvanue chauhan December 13, 2020 9:26 pm

@sanyogitasharma law + girl =girl loaded with weapons just kidding , i am glad really that you shared your experince and even for choosing buddingpsychologist.org internship . this shows you are very curious to know things ....keep growing SANYOGITA SHARMA. 

Shobha December 13, 2020 9:26 pm

thats really ok that now you are a law student and life is unexpected so we never know what is going to happen but be happy in whatever subject you have taken good bless you ♥️

RIYA/RIRI December 13, 2020 10:35 pm

I mean, as long as we have the confidence that we can excel anywhere we go, even with all the hurdles life throw at us. having the confidence to do whatever and still be able to excel is admiring. plus, there's no rule in life so if you chose law and you love it, that's fantastic. you do you and keep slaying.

Preethama December 14, 2020 3:03 am

hey there. congratulations for coming this far. just a suggestion, marks don't define who you are. and im glad your doing what ever you feel you want to. way to go girl. much love.

Tanisha Jain December 14, 2020 3:26 am

Your journey sure seems like an interesting one! Which year of your law degree are you currently in? Also, best of luck for the future.

SUBHASHREE December 14, 2020 6:39 am

Best wishes for your future! 

28 Answers

I like how spontaneous you are with your career decisions, I hope you rise & shine in this journey of being a law student! Thank you for sharing your experience:)

It might sound weird after reading this, but I had planned to pursue software engineering until my 12th boards and I decided against it after my exams. I changed my mind and psychology was the first thing that came to me. Until then, though I was observant and liked the subject, I never thought I'd pursue a career in it. Life is all about the unexpected twists and turns. You'll do well. Keep exploring, don't let marks or society or such limit you. You're potent! All the best to the path you've chosen. 

This sudden decision of yours msy change your life. Hope for the best. Everything happen for our own good. 

All the best for your future may you become a successful person now just focus on persent 

All the best! Glad to know about you. 

Intuitive decisions do really feel that way xD taking up arts in 11th and 12th felt the same to me, how did you develop an interest in psychology as well though? are you exploring the subjects because you have an interest? Its really commendable that you took time out to actively volunteer here 

Sanyogita Sharma Topic starter December 12, 2020 4:17 pm

@janhavisiyer psychology was my subject last semester, reading it developed my interest.

Janhavi S. December 12, 2020 4:43 pm

ohhh, that's honestly so cool

Your message is literally shouting "go with the flow" and I loved the vibe. The struggle of finding things that we are passionate about, especially for selecting a discipline, is so central to our being. It makes us anxious and nervous and we end up overthinking but it also makes us hopeful and excited about what's going to come next. I hope you enjoy your years at the Law College and be able to find your niche. You really seem like the person who would explore all options, good luck for that. 

Hating a subject and Landing with it with no regrets is something rare to hear, love your way of cool approach towards it.good luck 🙂

Cool 💖... And inspiring as well . Thanks for sharing 

All the best for your future. may your desicion brings you more happiness

This article was really inspiring! Law student or not, you're amazing. All the best for your future!

Confidence is good,but overconfidence always sinks the ship.

That's usually happens to me.

I wish you don't repeat your mistake and give your best now.

All the best

Hey lovely soul!

I thought I'll be a singer.  I worked for it.  Sacrificed my ice creams and golgappaas.  But now I'm on a way to become a scientist. So life is special because of these random decisions we take. All the best. This time you'll rock. I believe. 

God bless:) 

I think its really inspiring that you wanted to serve in the army and I'm sure you'll be an amazing lawyer!!!

Hey,

We all had different dreams in the start, few of us eventually changed our paths due to our change in passion, and few because of our wrong decisions. However don't worry, I am sure one day you will enjoy what you are doing and reach great heights due to your sudden decision. All the best!

I also wanted to take law as a career coz I have studied political science as well..life is so unpredictable I m sure you will be great lawyer!!

ALL THE BEST!! 😊 

Well lets say i have the same personality. Being overconfident has being something that played a major role in my failures. I am working on it. I dont want to be overconfident but just confident but sometimes its hard to understand the difference and i end up failing in what i have to do. Well turns oit i jave worked on it but to an extent where now i have no confidence in myself. Always looking for approval has now become my life. But i will not give up hope and work on it.

Hope you can also overcome your difficulties.

i hate political sciences too. but as you chose to study law hope you enjoy and do well. Good luck.

Hi Sanyogita!

First of all, I believe that all that happens, happens for good. So, if you have chosen law as a career then you surely have something good stored in your future.

Secondly, all the best for your future endeavours. 

-Sneha

Hey , it's really great that you realise your own mistakes...kudos to you !

Hey buddy, its nice you try it, me being me I missed lot of opportunities just because am I afraid of trying,you have a confidence if you have a love or passion towards what you are doing I'm sure you can excel in anything with your confidence.

Life is always sudden! Somethings happen out of nowhere and yet it's for our best. Somehow a way of life telling us that this is your plan for life and we live by that plan. You might have disliked political science but now that your a law student you might just as well love it. And you can do something memorable even by being a lawyer because when you get justice to the innocent one then they know you for the rest of their lives...

All the best for law!!!

All the best for your law career! We can connect too if you'd like, since I do a minor in Political Science 🙂

I really enjoyed reading this, sometimes life takes turns that you can't really do anything about. I hope you achieve greater things in your life. Thank you for sharing your story ❤️

Its true now maybe after reading it I may take up commerce as i m highly interested in law and still go for law university wish you good luck the law journey and hoping for myself that I do law too .

That's cool. I had gone through the same situation. Just love wt you are doing. Keep going. All the best for your brighter future.😊

I totally relate with you on that being indecisive, we often make rash decisions and sometimes very sudden or out of the choices but I hope you're doing well on that chosen decision of yours. There are really lot of twists and turns in life but at the end of the day no matter where we are or who we are, we still have to choose to be ourselves. 

Hlo,  I must mentione your story made me smile really. All you expressed and how it eventually taken You to choose law a painful story I could feel. But the way you are still carrying it bravely is feeling of happiness. 

Few of my friends went through such situation too and I know how this phase looks like. 

Wish u do great ahead. And Never get bothered of grades. Life is unpredictable and sometimes it proves to be best it could be. 

Share: