Bhavya Malani- the ...

Notifications
Clear all

Bhavya Malani- the kid with the bad grades, big aspirations.

61 Posts
60 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hey my name is Bhavya (she/them) and I'm currently more than half way through 11th grade. This year I had been studying psychology but unfortunately even after having great interest in the subject, i had to drop it. All of us here someway or other love psychology right? But we gotta agree, its a tough subject! And it's hard to maintain a good percentage with it. 

So I've always dreamed of going to Delhi University. I want to sit in that campus sooo bad. Its all i think about, i even put it on my vision board. But after the cut offs came out for this year, i realised, all i need is a good percentage. And boom, the law of attraction, the universe haha all that will do its job for me. But there was no way i could get a 98% with psychology on my back. So i opted it out for fashion studies. And just so you know, the LSR college's cut off for psycho was a big fat 100%

Now if you're like me, you know there are no limits. And i totally believe in that but, 100%?? I mean, thats a stretch. I've never had the best grades, i always manage to pass and manage a little to make my dad happy. The highest marks were my 10th boards where i got a whopping 86% after A LOT of hardwork. I guess we're not all toppers right? And thats okay. So instead of having unrealistic expectations i accepted myself and changed my subject. But that didn't eliminate my love for psychology. It is honestly the most interesting subject i have ever come across.

So then, i decided that after leaving psycho in school, it doesn't have to necessarily mean that i can't pursue it in college right?? There's no rule like that. My dad thinks I'm crazy. He thinks that i never should've left psycho and that if i "have faith" I'll get that 100%. But I'm more realistic. So i chose to ignore him. 

So thats my plan then. Get a good 98-99% with the easy subjects i have right now and then take that baby to Delhi university for a BA in Psychology, and live out my fantasy of being a DU student. Do they lick your shoes in respect huh? Well i'm looking forward to it. 

Hahaha omg thanks for reading such a long experience, i had fun sharing it, i hope you had fun reading it! Take care xoxo 🙂

Sreejita Sarkar December 12, 2020 3:03 pm

@bhavya I pray you achieve everything you want. It's not that easy, but your beliefs make it happen. Your story was really inspiring.

Yashaswini Bhat December 12, 2020 3:34 pm

@bhavya I would like to send you a worm hug. I can understand you totally ,I want to say that grads and marks have limitation that's academics beyond there is a world where you  as a person matter the most .  I pray and I know you will achieve what you have planned as you know the taste of failure .Trust me success tastes better  when you have faced failure. All the best and keep smiling like your in your profile picture 🙂

OMKAR KATE December 12, 2020 3:49 pm

@bhavya

Hello,

I can agree and relate to you on so many aspects. OMG . And psychology is a bit tough. I really don't know how people can score 100% to be get into LSR. And I really liked reading your experience. Thank you very much for sharing and all the best

Sajjithra Subbian December 12, 2020 3:55 pm

@bhavya Hii bhavya that was awesome keep going

kshithi December 12, 2020 4:04 pm

@bhavya hey that's okay! I'm so happy that you still have a lot of interest in psychology! i hope you achieve your dream by getting into your dream college! have a great day

Gurleen Kaur December 12, 2020 4:16 pm

@bhavya

hey, no concept is funnier than scoring marks and getting into ‘dream college’. Been there done that. I didn’t like psychology in 11th but loved 12th psychology. I’d recommend study from 12th ncert book and pursue psychology from du. You can ping me for help in studying. All the best!!

Anagha Rohankar December 12, 2020 4:37 pm

@bhavya

Heyya 🌻. I'm bit impressed after reading this 😅😁. Uh really seems crazy!. Well nyc keep ur love for psychology. Hope you explore more.

Keep Growing 🍀

Cheers ✌️

Kirti manaktala December 12, 2020 4:39 pm

@bhavya Your story was honestly very inspiring. Its great to see the sort of clarity you hold. I m proud of you. I wish you a lot of growth and happiness.. genuine happiness. Marks don't define an individual and i wish you luck and i hope and pray that you fulfill your dream of getting into DU. Stay safe and take care.

Parishree Pandya December 12, 2020 8:33 pm

@bhavya hi bhavya. It's totally fine that you had to make some tough decisions but have faith, work hard and get what you want. All the best!

Diksha Tarnekar December 12, 2020 11:14 pm
  • @bhavya hey bhavya. I'm an average student myself. I wanted to become a doctor but I failed to clear my exams and thus opted for a different field. I wish you get what you desire. All the very best for your future.
Prerna Dash December 12, 2020 11:25 pm

@bhavya marks don't matter, never stop learning psychology. Its great that you've decided to take up psychology in your graduation. Gaining knowledge is more important than scoring marks. All the best 👍

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 12:55 pm

We support you Bhavya!

Aparna Jayachandran December 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Heyyy!!...I really like how you are passionate to get in DU. Hope your dreams come true and it was wonderful listening to your experience.

Divya Chopade December 13, 2020 2:21 pm

Hello, 

Thank you for sharing your journey , it's very inspiring ! Sending good vibes your way❤️

Saumya December 13, 2020 3:36 pm

Hey bhavya I hope you get a whopping 100% and do great in life! 

Shatakshi Garg December 13, 2020 5:52 pm

Wow! The title got me so hard. It was very nice to read about you ❤️

Prakriti Sanganeria December 13, 2020 5:53 pm

I would totally relate with you. I am not that great in studies but have quite big aspirations. I am in 12 and studying Psychology but its nearly impossible for me to get such high percentage. But I know that there is a world which goes beyond academics and it involves passion and personality. You have both and I am sure that you will achieve all you want. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Saumya Srivastava December 13, 2020 6:46 pm

Hey, in my 10th I scored 87.6% and somehow in my 12th, I ended up scoring 95%. And never in my life did I dream of getting this. That too with subjects like Maths, Economics, Political Science, and Psychology. I'd just want to give you this tip that you should focus more on your presentation than anything else. That is the MOST important thing. Also, Psychology in 12th is a lot easier than 11th so you may reconsider your decision. I failed in Psychology in  Class Test in 11th and scored 98 in Psychology boards. 

In Delhi University, most colleges will deduct your percentage for not having Psychology if you pursue Psych Hons. So choose your subjects wisely.

Navleen Kaur December 13, 2020 8:02 pm

This was really inspiring to read and I understand what you faced. It is really awesome to see you working towards your goal and I would love to connect with you.

Sani Lavakush December 13, 2020 8:11 pm

Hey! I scored 97% in class 12th this year. I understand what you're saying here. You know even after scoring this percentage I still faced a lot of problems during my admission. I was also like this thinking that if i bring good percent, i'll face no problem. But after all this, I realised that life is really unpredictable.

Elon bhengra December 13, 2020 9:31 pm

more power to you girl. you will surely get want you want.

vrinda tuteja December 13, 2020 9:42 pm

hey bhavya! i too am of the same age as you and more (if not equally) fond of psychology than you. i wish you best luck for your 12th boards and i really do hope that you study psychology in the college of your interest. please believe in yourself. have a little faith. have a little laugh. haha. lots of love and warmth!!!!!!! :)))

Ranjima Raveendran December 13, 2020 10:50 pm

Really amazing! Iam really happy that finally you continued with your dream. Work hard, you will achieve anything! 

Azha Amina Akbar December 13, 2020 10:56 pm

Reading your post I was thinking about all the students out there who are truly passionate about pursuing their interested colleges but backing out because of high cut off marks. It is a sad reality. But anyway, I believe that there will be opportunities that are better than the ones that you let go! Good luck Bhavya and feeling great to meet you😊  

Joanna Ann Daniel December 13, 2020 11:00 pm

Yes psychology is tough. I believe that no career path is going to be easy, but it is nice to know you found interest in something else as well. Best of luck:)

Yuvanue chauhan December 13, 2020 11:10 pm

THANKS  for sharing your experience. All the best for your future and the most important present .

Aishwarya December 13, 2020 11:27 pm

So inspirational! Keep it up! Sending positivity!! 😀 

M. Benadict Savitha December 13, 2020 11:40 pm

Thank you for sharing your article it's so so good and it's really inspirational

Sayeeda Zaiba December 14, 2020 12:09 am

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. As long as it makes you happy and makes you feel like its worth a shot don't worry about other things or people. All the best for everything you wish to do.

30 Answers

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I guess getting into many colleges is just about grades these days and not about the knowledge anymore but I hope you are able to achieve your dream and score well!

Rashmi Parab December 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I guess getting into many colleges is just about grades these days and not about the knowledge anymore but I hope you are able to achieve your dream and score well!

Heyy! I've studied both Fashion studies as well as Psychology in my 11th and 12th. I just hope you get what you want and good luck💛

Haha really enjoyed reading your writeup, It's so true, with cutoffs going higher and higher every year, it's difficult for the non toppers to get into subjects they actually want to pursue, but nonetheless, I hope you keep your passion for psychology going and get an admission in DU to study psychology! All the best, thank you for sharing your experience:)

Bhavyaaaa I feel overwhelmed when I read something where someone's free and letting it out. I know it must've been tough but you got it. I'm putting my faith in you. Do your best and join us in the field. We need energetic people like you. The sacrifice you made is huge but you will surely reap goodness from it. I wish you the best and I hope to work with you. You got it! 🤗

It's nice reading your experience well I hope u achieve what u want . At the end everything is about our choices right.

I really don't think 90%marrk is the best  We need is knowledge to understand the people around us and the knowledge to sustain as well as help others. Being toper of the class and with know values or respect what's the use of education .thanks for sharing your experience. 

Our stories are somewhat similar so I  actually felt what you've tried to explain here. Keep going strong.

I also feel sometimes like this only that I should drop it but at other point I am continuing it

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I  this platform we all are learning some or the other thing. Anyway all the best for your future. 

Hey Bhavya, best of luck for the boards.

Cut-off rates are indeed impossible. But you made a very smart realistic move. Accepting reality and conforming is indeed a proven way to make it. I hope you realize your dream and make it to where you dreamed of studying. Though ultimately, I believe, it does not matter where you study, it matters how you study.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Gouri Sreekumar
Alby Thomas December 12, 2020 9:11 pm

@gourisreekumar Best wishes darling,believe in yourself and trust me u going to rock it!❤️

Hey, There's nothing wrong with having big dreams... Also you were lucky, you had psychology even during your school times... I envy you buddy...

• Hey Bhavya, thank you for writing this. I am a first year student of Applied Psychology in DU, so I just went through that high cutoff phase and it was a little scary but I guess law of attraction really did work for me and the place I am in right now, suits me well. I want to tell you that yes it is absolutely possible to be rationale, practical and believing in the power of attraction and being dreamy all at once, just like you seem to be 🙂 And I know the education system in India wants you to believe that there's only only route for the things, I want to you realize that there are thousand ways to get to the place that we want to be in. I hope you keep up your spirits as high as they seem in the message throughout these years. All the best for your boards. Not all of us are toppers, yes and knowledge is fluid and it comes irrespective of marks. 
This post was modified 3 years ago by Vipassana Gautam

It was amazing to your perspective! The fun thing is that I gave my CISCE this year, and the board had actually cancelled psychology paper, so I couldn't give it and I ended up with a 96. Like you, I'm not good at studies, but I had put consistent efforts, and my teachers had estimated me to at least 98-99 if not more, and I was crestfallen at my marks because all my efforts had gone down the drain, and I knew I'd never be able to get into DU. ut I'm over it now, Not in a very very good college, but I'm happy here, and I guess you should remember that whatever happens, among all things temporary, you're the piece of permanence. Trust yourself and work hard, You'll succeed, and even if you don't as much to your preference, you'll certainly not be a loser, as this is life and we are all triumphant in our own ways. All the best for your future.

Hahaha love the way it’s presented . Much relatable

In some point I can relate to you , I wish you the best , and looking forward to work with you 💖

• Hey, so relatable, nice to know about you journey,  all the best for your future 

We've all been in such tough spots where making a decision is really scary but not making one is even scarier. I'm sure you'll be able to make it to your dream university and finally pursue the field you always wanted to. Besides, learning doesn't have to be confined to textbooks and in the meanwhile you can always look out for other resources to read and be connected with Psychology.  Loads of luck 😊

it was really nice to read. you presented it very well

Well this is great that you didn't leave psychology.  For a while I thought you left it for getting good grades in school which don't matter. But you came up with a nice strategy. Hurrah!

Hey, Best wishes to you❤️🤗

If you love something with all your heart you will do at the end little patience and dedication is all we need🤗🌸

Nice write up, If you love psychology, it is not that you have to study along with curriculum, you can learn them on your own interest too. All the best

Hi bhavya.

If you think that you cannot score good marks with psycology in board then it's okay to drop it for now. u can opt it again after 12th .but if  you want to opt that subject again after 12th stop thinking that  it's hard to study. And i know getting in DU is a dream for everyone. I too had a same dream . And i manage to get admission in DU college  with my  fav subject this year. 

My suggestion for you is to stop  thinking that the subject is too hard, if u want to opt it again.

And best of luck for your boards.

Thanku for sharing your experience, hope you get what you want

Hi, Bhavya, I relate to you a lot, I'm 12th-grade studying psychology and I swear it will get better. Never stop believing in yourself!!

Hey there ! It was wonderful reading this ,you seems amazing ! Im actually from DU (Ipcw) and although i'm from a different dept. I have friends who are in psychology and it is good,i will be happy to help if you need any. best of luck 🙂

yo, you guys get 80+ and say you don't score well?! Some achievers we've got here! All the best guys, I hope ya'll get where you need to be. 

Big or small you will achieve your dream and best wishes for it thank you for this article

Hey, you are such a great person with great reasoning, awesome will power and to be icing on the cake you are beautiful too!! C'mon we all know you'll get your shoes licked for sure. I wish for the very best to come your way. All the very best. You can talk to me whenever and if you like. We can talk about Psychology and have real interesting discussions. 

All the best. Keep going!

Well you have a nice plan. And if you want to do somethimg then i think it is right to do it your way. Thank you for sharing your experience 

Such an interesting experience that you shared! I guess we can always take different routes as long as we end up in the same path in the end!

Share: