My experience: Coll...

Notifications
Clear all

My experience: College life in lockdown

61 Posts
62 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

I am from Mumbai, India. So things here are not good in terms of covid-19. So I am stuck in my house since march 😅. And my college announced that they are going to take online lectures. At first, my sleep schedule was completely disturbed as I used to sleep at 4am and wake up late. And now, I had to wake up at 7 am in order to attend my online college. It was pretty funny as we had to keep our mic and video off, so I used to login to the lecture and sleep for sometime. And while staying at home, there was literally no motivation to study as there were no or less cues or stimulations for motivation. I feel that teachers are also stressed by talking to screen and keep on talking. But overall, I feel college life in pandemic was just sleeping and logging in. My mood also kept changing according the weather outside. I feel many others have also experienced this. This was my experience. 

Thank you

Ilhaam Shaik December 12, 2020 3:07 pm

@omkarkate2011 haha, i feel like this is most of us during this pandemic. Go easy on yourself and good luck with whatever you plan on doing🤗💛

Gauri Kakar December 12, 2020 3:09 pm

@omkarkate2011haha I'm sure every college and school student is so tired of online classes. I'm hoping all of our colleges open soon and we all can get back with the 'new normal'. All the best for your future, thank you for sharing your experience:)

kshithi December 12, 2020 3:27 pm

@omkarkate2011 I know it can be hard, all of us are also going through this, hope everything gets better 🙂

Yashaswini Bhat December 12, 2020 3:42 pm

@omkarkate2011 thanks for being honest about how you felt. I feel everyone went through this phase. I just want to wish you good luck to all your plans in the future.

Kirti manaktala December 12, 2020 4:21 pm

@omkarkate2011 Online classes somehow seem more hectic than offline classes to me. Even though during the first months of online classes all i did was login and sleep the teachers somehow caught up and now we only get attendance when our cameras are on and they are able to see each and every one of us.. which is easy considering we are just 16 students and teachers remember every little detail about us. Anyways, I hope it gets better.

Stay safe and take care. 

Neha Upasani December 12, 2020 4:24 pm

@omkarkate2011Surely... This pandemic brought various changes in everyone's life... Now we just have to accept the situation and look forward the growth in respective field..

Shobha December 12, 2020 4:33 pm

@omkarkate2011 this is quite relatable stuff as I think every student has felt this same thing but that's ok . I think Corona is like a break to everyone and that's ok that you can't always feel motivated but keep a check that you don't get depressed because mood swings are ok at this age but we never know that when this will change into depression. But all the best sweety ♥️and keep the good work going

Parishree Pandya December 12, 2020 6:36 pm

@omkarkate2011 yes it was indeed the same for all of us

R.Aishwarya December 12, 2020 7:00 pm

@omkarkate2011

So so relatable, this was experienced by every student for sure in these past 6 months. Hope situations become better by next month.

Namitha M December 12, 2020 7:27 pm

@omkarkate2011 Thank you for your honesty and I am quite sure most of us are experiencing the very same..

Israela Pinto December 12, 2020 7:31 pm

Pandemic has gotten us feeling sleepy at times😂 but some how I do end up staying awake and listening to lectures as that's my only way of getting explanation of the chapters!! @omkarkate2011

Simran Rai December 12, 2020 7:33 pm

@omkarkate2011

Heyy!

I could totally relate to your experience.. life has been quite unsteady in these past few months during the lockdown....

All the best for your future!!

Shraddha S. Kambli December 12, 2020 8:25 pm

@omkarkate2011 so so true I can't relate more. Thank you for sharing your experience. Try to attend online lectures properly now😅 good luck

Kritika Bhair December 13, 2020 12:50 am

@omkarkate2011 that sleep struggle was the thing I guess everyone went through definitely 😂😂

Sneha Agrawal December 13, 2020 1:11 am

@omkarkate2011 Hey mate!! I so relate to ur points placed and I think every student relates to it.Online classes definitely get monotonous after a while.And honestly,still now I login and sleep during lectures at the morning time.But on the bright side u r not alone.We all are in this together.✨🙌

Shruti Shashidharan December 13, 2020 1:23 am

@omkarkate2011 Hey, I'm from Mumbai too! Thank you for sharing your experience. I completely understand the lack of motivation and complete change in schedule can be hard to cope with. Hope it gets better. Wishing you well!

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 1:29 pm

This was fun to read 

Instead of feeds full of advices something randomly interesting

Thanks for writing Omkar!

Iarisa Nongbet December 13, 2020 1:43 pm

so relatable. It can be stressful and unmotivating. Just don't be too hard on yourself. Everything will pass eventually.

Prakriti Sanganeria December 13, 2020 1:56 pm

I would say that almost everyone has faced the same, however now my teachers are asking us to keep our videos on because they now too suspect that we sleep or don't pay attention to their lectures! Though online classes are fun - we have access to social media, food and internet during class hours

Chestha Dengri December 13, 2020 6:23 pm

Hi! I a hundred percent relate to this ! It was the same with me when it comes to online classes . and even after sleeping the whole day I still managed to feel tired hahah

Elysia Fernandes December 13, 2020 8:44 pm

Yesss!! Can totally relate to this! Things changed so quick and we were caught so off gaurd. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Aishwarya December 13, 2020 10:52 pm

So many can relate to you at the moment. Thank you for sharing! 😀 

RIYA/RIRI December 13, 2020 11:14 pm

the way i felt this on a very spiritual level lol. but still in pademic this is the best way to cope with everything thats going around us rn. thank you for sharing your expeirnce, a lot of us can elate to.

Gourinanda T S December 14, 2020 1:03 am

Very much relatable my friend. But what to do we have to get adjusted to it. Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Sayeeda Zaiba December 14, 2020 7:38 am

Hello Omkar. I have very similar experiences. Now I can say that it has become better but nevertheless it still is a little boring. But then again if we have our minds made up that it's of no use we won't have anything to take from these classes and there is always someone to disruptthe class and use trouble. But now that I've started to see it as going to college I see that my motivation is so much more, a proper schedule has almost set in place and after classes I play with my friends through online streaming. But there still are days where i just want to sleep in. But we are in this together and I'm sure we'll get through it. Have a great time with online classes. I'm sure we'll not forget this time we spent so far yet together. 

Aashima Kathpalia December 14, 2020 9:46 am

indeed !! During this pandemic , online classes were all about sleep deprivation and mood swings .. there was a drastic change in mood .. well thank you for sharing your experience . 🌺 🌺 

33 Answers

I completely relate to what you have mentioned as I'm a third year student. Concentrating in online feels next to impossible. Once you start skipping it then there's no going back. I tried to make myself understand how important it is the to study and now I try to attend as much as I can. 

Smrithi.S December 13, 2020 9:48 pm

Definitely everybody is pretty much going through the same but let's not forget to take it as an experience and lets float in a postive way.

I can feel you this is the condition of every college student who is stuck at home during this pandemic . Lectures can be tolerated but what about online exams that too this and last semester's in a week's difference

Your experience is similar to mine at the first month of lockdown after that I thought of building up  my knowledge and experience hence joined different groups and read more spread knowledge about covid give teli counsilling to elderly. I loved being at home. With full food ,internet 🤣

I'm certain all of us can empathize with the mayhem of the lockdown. It's never been easy for any of us. Thank you for sharing and motivating.

Hello Omkar! I'm from Mumbai too! I understand how you're feeling and yes, the situation has taken a toll on all of us. I'm happy you're trying and adjusting to it and you're doing a great job. Appreciate yourself more and keep living one day at a time. This might be a good read about your situation. Keep making the most out of your time and that includes taking care of yourself or watching some series or taking breaks. It is all making good use of your time. I'm proud of you!

Yes you are right it's very difficult to attend online lectures 

I see how everyone relates to this, but I'm still going to say, same xD

In fact, I was always someone that paid a lot of attention in classes and learnt more from a lecture than from my notes. It has been a really hard semester with the lack of motivation, zoning out and sleeping. I've recently been working on regulating myself, trying to make sure that I don't go to sleep too late so that I don't get drowsy in classes, keeping my phone away to concentrate and making sure to never attend a class from my bed!

I hope that you don't feel too disheartened and find a method that suits you and makes your online experience less uncomfortable in terms of academics!

I can feel you. But on an other side you got time to spend with your family. 

Hey omkar, all of us can relate to you, hope we don't get so used to this new normal that going to college gets boring 😅, our teachers are all putting equal efforts to shift from board and chalk to laptop and mouse let's not miss a chance to motivate them by giving them a positive stroke, what say? May be that will keep us motivated to stay awake 😅 as we are trying to put smile on someone 

Hey Omkar, 

I literally did the same. I used to log in and sleep and online felt a little like a joke. I hope we can resume our college lives soon. It was very difficult to drag myself up to study for exams or to do projects. Well-written relatable article.

It was so so relatable, taking classes straight from the bed and messed up sleep cycles. Looking towards the positive side we got a lot of time with our family and some even tried to explore the hobbies. In a way, these months have been a rollercoaster ride but it was fun. Hope you enjoyed the whole journey.All the best for the future.

My favourite line was "My mood kept changing according to the weather outside". That was completely relatable. I am attending online classes too, my college has started and it seriously doesn't feel like the starting of the college life I expected. Anyway, I hope you continue to improve your sleep cycle, even without the incentive of attending morning classes. I know it is hard but we can, all the best for that. I know there's no motivation to study and the lectures aren't half as fun. I myself try my very best to concentrate (failing there) and make things interesting by watching videos, related artwork, having discussions etc. I hope you find your tricks soon too 🙂 

Haha! I feel you man! At the beginning I would try to give it my all and pay attention during classes but after a point, it's just difficult to do so. I've logged in during classes and slept several times too. My sleep schedule is basically a joke now. But hang in there, I'm sure we'll get through this and it will all get back to normal soon. Atleast I hope it does. Fingers crossed 💫

Thinker/ Dreamer/ Believer

Very much relatable. 

Missed my college and my friends alot.

Swarnima Tewari December 13, 2020 1:36 pm

This was really nice. I feel you . Also you got to spend time with your family.

I dotm even want to imagine my last year or first year in college being wasted at home , so much "first experiences " missed

This is my first year in college. and even i find the same problem in my college I think this years college freshers are the only batch to enter the college directly as seniors

Sakthiswaari

i also felt the same but positive side was i can spend more time with my family

You share your story with so many people Omkar!

Obviously, these times are not the best and it is understandable how you feel right now. Try being more productive and make good use of this time, for time is money! Do not waste it. 

Hey omkar

What you shared is so so relatable😂

All the students can relate.  

I also do the same ..login and sleep 😂

Worst  thing is that ...this is my first year in college and i am stuck at home 🥴

Anyway i Hope you get what you wanted from your life.❤️😊

Oh God, it was so relatable ,i absolutely dislike online classes just waiting for everything to be normal again !

Hi Omkar!

True, the pandemic has been a new kind of experience for all of us. I hope you do well in your future.

Best wishes,

SNEHA

It really is that way for everyone. but we have endure it for some more time and things will get better.

Same I feel you...I don't even thing so online college taught many things to us even if the teachers tried their best or the students did their best. It just shows how the educational field in our country needs to be more advanced and flexible in studies. I hope everything turns fine after covid19

While reading this piece, i literally felt like i was talking to my own reflection. I am a fresher, in my first year. And to be very honest, my classes are just full of monotony and lectures by some teachers who share their screen and there you go, the stories of power point presentations and network issues commence, yet again.🤦 

But then again, everyone's on the same boat and we aren't alone, now are we? So let's stick to each other and enjoy this whole new online journey together....for it could've been worse. But things are pretty good, so are we.

Take care and stay safe!🧡

Yes! College life in lockdown is super hard! I feel the same way, especially with me being an international student and having to come home and continue studying from here. Hopefully you can maintain a routine/schedule to keep yourself on track, I use Notion to plan my each day before I start and I tend to work according to the tasks and schedules. I also use the Pomodoro technique to help me study, so if that helps, you could try it out too!

I use the online timer at pomofocus.io 🙂

Oops, you exposed all of us!!

But, honestly, that's what we ALL have been doing since march. Be it college or school students, we all have found hard to get ourselves to study this year. 

Anyway, one thing, we people have studied Psychology no matter what. All the best everyone!

This is so me, I can feel you. I hope everything gets normal again.

I was a final year student and online lectures and all were just same. But the worst was offline exams.  I actually once thought of skipping because what if I just never came back.  But I went to give my exams and thank god came safe.  But the vibe of khatron ke khiladi was surreal.  And yup my mood kept changing according to weather outside as well. 

All the best. 

God bless

I can totally relate with this 😂

Thank you for sharing! 

hahah I can relate to this!!

I hope everything gets better soon and colleges re-open!

I’m sure everyone has experienced this! 
I personally had zero motivation to study during this lockdown. Even my teachers didn’t use to turn on their cameras let alone the students 😂

This is very relevant for today's happening or situation, it's really a challenge to motivate our own selves when we're at our most comfortable place such as our home. Though I believe we can all get through this and succeed on our own goals :)). Fighting team!

Yours  words are so honest. Yes my friend hifi for having same mindset. Every thing will change in upcoming years. 

Share: