Psychology : the pe...

Notifications
Clear all

Psychology : the perfect way to understand yourself.

51 Posts
49 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Psychology is a wonderful subject to study as its concepts are relatable to everyone. The subject  helps you to understand yourself better isn't it fun to know our self better. Psychology as a subject is still young and growing ,its also was as it has lost of branches. IT is fun because you can understand the humans and animals behavior and the reason behind why do they behave in a certain way. It has huge scope when we talk about taking as a career. I feel psychology helps you to look at things and situations differently. 

How to peruse Psychology as career:

• Now in India psychology is taught in class 11& 12 (provided in arts stream)
  •  you have to peruse BA or BSc in Psychology .(now a days there are lot of people who are graduating in this field so just finishing bachelors  isn't enough) 
  • you should do MA and MSc in psychology .(you can join teaching profession or work in NGO)
  • Ph.D. or MPhil helps you practice on your own.
  • you can also enter this field by doing MBBS and specializing in Psychiatry.

NOTE: if you do your MSc or MA you would be called psychologist and if you do MBBS and do specializing in Psychiatry you would be called   psychiatrist. THEY BOTH ARE DIFFERENT NOT THE SAME.

• Psychologist is the once who can only give therapies ,counseling's etc. he will not prescribe any kind of medicine.
  • Psychiatrist is the one who can prescribe  medicine and you go to him mostly when your nerve/ brain related issues.
  • Psychology as a field growing and it has a huge demand. If we talk about India there is and will be great demand. You have lot of fields to  specialize in , they are as fallows:
  1. Clinical Psychology
  2. Educational Psychology
  3. Child Psychology
  4. Marriage Psychology
  5. Developmental Psychology
  6. Forensic Psychology
  7. Army Psychology 
  8. Sports Psychologist
  9. Industrial Psychologist
  10. Experimental Psychologist

so you have lot of options to do your specialization.

Quality you must have to become a psychologist:

• patience
  • listing to the person attentively
  • do not assume things
  • do not form an opinion 
  • do not judge
  • most important you should maintain the confidentially
  • do not involve in a romantic relationship with your client (it may not leave you to think in all perception) 

At last I wanna say this field will help us to create a healthy environment  in the society. I hope this would help some of you.

Have a good day ahead 🙂

Gauri Kakar December 12, 2020 3:43 pm

@yashaswinibhat This is too wholesome. I really appreciate your knowledge and the plethora of information that you've mentioned, I'm very impressed! Thank you for sharing:)

Sajjithra Subbian December 12, 2020 4:14 pm

@yashaswinibhat hey that was intresting thankyou for sharing

Gurleen Kaur December 12, 2020 4:21 pm

@yashaswinibhat

hey, thank you so much. You presented the details in such a great manner. I wish the best for you!!

Parishree Pandya December 12, 2020 5:35 pm

@yashaswinibhat thank you for all the information. Yes, the field of psychology is way broader than most people think it to be.

Namitha M December 12, 2020 7:40 pm

@yashaswinibhat This is too informative .. Thank you so much for sharing this:)

Simran Rai December 12, 2020 7:42 pm

@yashaswinibhat

Woah! Thanks for sharing... this was very informative.. All the best!! 

R.Aishwarya December 12, 2020 7:43 pm

@yashaswinibhat

This is extremely well detailed on choosing the career as psychology. It will be extremely helpful to people who want to pursue it. All the best.

Diksha Tarnekar December 12, 2020 7:55 pm

@yashaswinibhat this was a very useful information. Very well described. All the best for your future. 🙂

Shraddha S. Kambli December 12, 2020 8:52 pm

@yashaswinibhat I just found what I was looking for. I appreciate your knowledge about psychology and this is very much of my interest. Good luck for your future

Femitha Rachel Ebby December 12, 2020 11:32 pm

@yashaswinibhat Hey Yashaswini, you have very clearly explained what fields to look out for in Psychology and the qualities one needs to have or develop in order to pursue this in the long term. This is indeed informative. I would also love to know at some point, if possible---- about your personal interest. Is there any particular area within Psychology that is really close to you? I have been talking to people who are engaged in this field, so that I get more idea as to which path to pick once I am done with my Masters. 

Therefore, I hope I get to talk to you sometime, and know more about your experiences while learning Psychology. Good luck to you and all you do in the future. 

Harshini December 12, 2020 11:45 pm

@yashaswinibhat Much informative. Content was really amazing!! The qualities u have mentioned to become a psychologist was pretty good since i have almost everything 😂 Continue this Wonderful job!!

Shruti Shashidharan December 12, 2020 11:56 pm

@yashaswinibhat WOW! This is super informative and quite detailed. Thank you for sharing! 🌼

Aanandi khanna December 13, 2020 12:29 am

@yashaswinibhat thank you for the advice as a person who want to be in this field is helpful

Aashima Kathpalia December 13, 2020 12:36 am

@yashaswinibhat something people need to listen out there and yes you said the right thing psychology is not just a subject , a way of looking life and gradually becoming a lifestyle . 

keep showering your essence of great knowledge . ❤️ 🌼 🌼 🌼 

Tanisha Ajmani December 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Thank you for sharing this!

Prakriti Sanganeria December 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Hey Yashaswini! You have presented everything that I needed to know. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It will help me a lot.

Sayeeda Zaiba December 14, 2020 12:04 am

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You gave us all the information we'll need in simple ways and in a very well explained manner. Wish you the best. 

Pooja Choudhary December 14, 2020 12:38 am

@yashaswinibhat You explained something that we needed to learn. Great work!

Gourinanda T S December 14, 2020 1:01 am

Thank you so much for your brief explanation and information for us. It will surely help us in our future. 

Khushi Garg December 14, 2020 1:31 am

Thank you so much for this post. This post  is so informative and it makes me surer of the path taht I have chosen for myself. I am so grateful for having come across this message. 

29 Answers

The qualities you stated are beautiful and thoughtful. I'm glad I came across your piece. It will not only help me grow as a person, but also as an aspiring psychologist. Thank you. 

Very informative post every thing is covered in it

Thank you

I think you could do a carrier guidance class .it was very informative. Lot of options and opportunity. Its good to hear from you 😃

Wow, thank you so much for writing this article! it was really helpful .. I just wanted to know which field you are specializing in?

Yashaswini Bhat Topic starter December 12, 2020 3:58 pm

@kshtihih hey am a undergrad student and as I want to do my specialization in clinical psychology asper now.

A big thank you for sharing all this. It is going to be really helpful for those who want to pursue career in psychology bt don't know how. Thank you for ur insights

That's actually such a detailed and well-compiled list! It's sad to think of how certain branches of psychology have less scope in India, but I'm glad that awareness is being spread and career options are slowly emerging.

This article has all the information one needs to enter this field and enlists the various career avenues in this field very well. After reading this post, I am sure people will learn a lot and will be able to explore more. I appreciate the fact that you have mentioned the qualities needed to become a psychologist; I'd just like to add one very essential quality to the list- empathy! Great work buddy🤗 

Thank you! It was very informative.

Hey Yashaswini! This would be a great read for anyone who wishes to get into the field. Thank you for this. I believe this analytical perspective goes well with the emotional perspective that I gave in my post. Look at us paving paths for the ones that are rising... Isn't that all Psychology is about? Care and support and love? Glad you're here and making a difference. Wish all the best!

Hey yashaswini, very well explained, you can also add health psychology to the field which i fascinate more and, good luck 🙂

Hey!! Nice information. Many confuse between psychology and psychiatrist. Best of luck

Impressive! Tat was a mini carreer counselling session on psychology! Keep going and God bless!❤️

Hello. This is so impressive and wholesome. You mentioned beautifully everything what our field has to offer to the new comers. Also the various fields one can take up. People will learn a lot and will be able to explore more through your article. In the quality empathy is missing which u might know is the most important one. But otherwise Good job. 😀

This is actually everything one needs to know as a beginner. I have nothing to add. You should connect with other people who are interested in Psychology and are professionals under this discipline. And it's okay if you don't want to be a therapist or a doctor. There are so many emerging and interesting fields in Psychology, there is space for everyone. You can go into Food Psychology, Television & Ads, be a speaker, writer, be an entrepreneur, study Fashion or Art Psychology and the list goes on. Psychology, being the study of yourself and human mind and behaviour, is truly at the center of everything that is happening in this world. 

Swarnima Tewari December 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Psychology is indeed a really nice subject. This was really informative . Good luck.

heyy senior!  Thank you for sharing this with us. I got to know so many new things.♥️

Hey Yashaswini, Thanks for this detailed info. I really needed it as I am really new in this field. It helped me a lot. Thanks again... 😍 

Thank you it was very informative 💖

Thank you it was very informative 💖

Psychology is really a very perfect way to understand oneself .best of luck.

you presented it clearly. Thanks for mentioning everything

This is almost the perfect answer! Thank you for putting it out for everyone to know! I can';t put it into words how much I LOVE it. Thank you for the great work.

Hi Yashaswini!

This article was such a great read. You have explained the very basics of this subject very nicely.

This was very informative.

Best wishes,

Sneha

That was such an informative information for all of us! Thankyou thankyou sooo much!

Psychology is blooming in the present world, just like all of our budding psychogists haha!🧡

I love how detailed information you gave as many people find psychology interesting but not all have the qualities to be a good psychologist. The qualities you wrote are great and also the way you informed how to have a career in psychology helps a lot💕

Very informative. And thanks for emphasizing the difference between Psychologist and psychiatrist.  People need to know that.

Thank you for the concise + precise details! 

Very well written! Thank you for sharing! 🙂

Very informative for those who want to know how to get in this field. Thankyou for sharing:-)

Thanks for this detailed piece of writing. I hope people can find more awareness through this. 😊 

Share: