Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Why Psychology?

47 Posts
39 Users
16 Reactions
Topic starter

Human beings are fascinating creatures and I've always been interested in learning more about how our body and brain works. I'm also a passionate reader. So throughout my school years my favourite subjects were biology and English. I was introduced to the field of psychology towards the end of my school years and that's when I knew I wanted to pursue a career in the field of mental health. The three years of my bachelors has been an amazing journey for me as I slowly discovered the multiple principles within psychology. And I consider myself very lucky to have the opportunity to pursue my masters in the subject of my choice. Having this space on budding psychologists to learn and grow with others while promoting awareness is something i'm extremely grateful for. 🌺 

Parishree Pandya December 12, 2020 7:00 pm

@shruti0011 wow, sounds a bit like me too, but of course we are all different and that's what psychology teaches us. Congratulations on beginning with your masters and all the best for the future.

R.Aishwarya December 12, 2020 7:14 pm

@shruti0011

Great to know that you are having a great time with your degree. Wishes for your future victories.

Diksha Tarnekar December 12, 2020 8:04 pm

@shruti0011 it's so nice to know you. I wish you great success ahead.

Shraddha S. Kambli December 12, 2020 8:47 pm

@shruti0011 thanks for sharing your experience. It's good to know about you. Good luck for your future.

Faiza Naved December 12, 2020 9:02 pm

@shruti0011 Hello, good to hear about you, hope that achieve great heights!

Shruti Shashidharan Topic starter December 13, 2020 1:04 am

Thank you everyone! I wish you all well too! <3

A.Basu December 13, 2020 1:10 am

@shruti0011 It was so nice to know about your experience.

Simran Rai December 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Exactlly!!! Psychology is so interesting and fascinating...Thank you for sharing your experience 😊

Azha Amina Akbar December 13, 2020 8:03 pm

After choosing psychology I've felt like human mind is one of the most challenging as well as fascinating area to explore. Happy to know that you are enjoying learning about this field and could choose your interested area in psy.

Sani Lavakush December 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Just like you, I've also always wondered about human beings and their minds. I was always very keen to know what one thinks while making a decision or how one feels. Thank god we have psychology for it!

Gourinanda T S December 14, 2020 12:52 am

Wow it's nice to hear these words from you. Very glad to meet you. 

Khushi Garg December 14, 2020 1:19 am

Hi, nice to meet you, since you have already completed your bachlors, I want to ask you something, will a BA in Psychology be better or a BA in Applied Psychology and what is the significant difference in syllabus of these two? 

SUBHASHREE December 14, 2020 7:01 am

My favorite subject is biology too. Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Harshini December 14, 2020 11:36 am

So Good hearing you..worth reading.. Wonderfully narrated

Ananya December 14, 2020 12:44 pm

Thankyou for sharing your experience. It is so similar to mine. I hope you do really well in your masters. Best wishes ✨

24 Answers

So Good hearing you..worth reading.. Wonderfully narrated

Dream big .... . Dream high. Nice to hear your path to mental health.😀

Shruti Shashidharan Topic starter December 13, 2020 1:09 am

@sreerekhakzenith Thank you! ^_^

Thanku for sharing your experience.

Good luck 🙂

Glad to know your experience🤗Good luck❤️

Glad to know your experience, thank you for sharing 💖

Hey, totally agree with you , humans are truly fascinating creatures and it's very interesting to learn about them . Very nice to know about your experience ! 

Hey, @shruti0011 I'm almost just like you, I've always found the brain fascinating , but I did not pursue my career in relative to that , I've taken up Business. Anyways I'm really happy that you are doing something that you like. 🙂

First of all, congratulations for getting into Master's and I hope you have an amazing journey ahead, and the best of luck in your future endeavours. Thank you for sharing your experience, it was really heartwarming. Thank you! 

I just realized I loved biology and english too! Maybe it's a sign for future psychologists to love these subjects 🙂

Amazing that you are cherishing the opportunities along with your dedication to psychology. 😊 

Hey! Congratulations on getting your admission for master's. All the best for your future! 🙂

Humans really are fascinating creatures! There's so much so explore and find!

I am so happy that you're pursuing what you love!

Thankyou for sharing your experience! 

Hey Shruti, it was great knowing you. Thank you for sharing your story with us ❤️ ❤️ 

And we are grateful that you're with us! Hope you do amazing moving forward in life. More power to you! 

Even I was very interested in these two subjects and later when I found out that there’s biology in psychology and how these two subjects are kinda interrelated, I was the happiest. 
Congratulations and All the best ! 

I totally agree with you, subjects in this course are very real eye-opening and very attached to reality. It is very complex but it is so much fun learning about it. Thank you for sharing this insights :))

Hello Shruti! I love how you expressed so much in a matter of few words. I remember reading encyclopedias as a child and how fascinating it was. When I read what you wrote, I feel I too was inspired by the accumulation of all those readings which gave me a push to go forward wit h Psychology. Congratulations on getting your admission for Master's! Hope you keep at it and stay curious as you are. Wish you the best!  

Shruti Shashidharan Topic starter December 13, 2020 1:08 am

@jerrymum1999 Hi Jerry! I remember being super intrigued by encyclopedias, I'd randomly pick them up and read as much as I could!

Glad to know my experience took you back to those memories. 

Thankyou so much, wish you the best too!

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It is always good to see whenever people get insterested in the subject, the same happened with me as well. 

Shruti Shashidharan Topic starter December 13, 2020 1:05 am

@aratrika Happy to know that! Hope you do well!

It was nice to read about your experience. Congratulations for beginning with your masters degree. Good luck 😊

Shruti Shashidharan Topic starter December 13, 2020 1:08 am

@siyanaik Thank you so much! Wishing you well 🌺

It was nice to know your experience. All the best you and hope you find yourself more opportunities to explore in this field.

Shruti Shashidharan Topic starter December 13, 2020 1:11 am

@kritika Thank you! wishing you well!!

Glad to know that you have great experience with psychology. Good luck with your masters. 💛

Shruti Shashidharan Topic starter December 13, 2020 1:11 am

@ilhaamshaik Thank you so much <3

Congratulations on your masters. You have come a long way, and have more challenges coming your way. I'm sure you will flourish in whatever you choose to do. Have a wonderful life. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Shruti Shashidharan Topic starter December 13, 2020 1:12 am

@sreejita04 This is so wholesome, Thank you so much! Wishing you the best!! <3

Your experience was great. But many people struggle even on simple paths . I think we can help them out in different ways. One being such articles !

Hello. Glad to know that you have great experience with psychology. I wish you great success ahead. Congratulations on getting your admission for Master's! Break a leg. 😀

Shruti Shashidharan Topic starter December 13, 2020 1:17 am

@prachipiryani Thank you so much! Looking forward to working with you!

Share: