Internship experien...

Notifications
Clear all

Internship experience

44 Posts
45 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm a third year student of psychology. I have always loved reading books on human behaviours. I was in 9th grade when I decided to opt for psychology after 10th. As I started studying I really loved the subject more and more. In college (second year) I got a lovely apportunity to work with differently abled kids and adults. It was a small volunteering program (internship) where I had to spend time with differently abled people. Teach them to make flowers or paint diyas, make paper bags and play games with them. That was the most wonderful thing I have done. The kids there would always put smile on my face. Most important thing that I learnt here was patience. How patiently one has to be around them and try to understand as well as make them understand things. 

Iarisa Nongbet December 12, 2020 5:57 pm

@siyanaik that is awesome. Keep going

Simran Rai December 12, 2020 7:24 pm

@siyanaik 

Thank you for sharing such a joyful experience with us. All the best!! 🌼 

Shraddha S. Kambli December 12, 2020 8:56 pm

@siyanaik thank you for sharing your experience. It was great to know how patient you have to be with this kids and how fun it is to be with them too. Good luck for your future ❤

Prerna Dash December 12, 2020 9:07 pm

@siyanaik thanks a lot for sharing your experience. Working with kids gives us a ray of hope and positive vibes.

Mrunmayee Kulkarni December 12, 2020 9:09 pm

@siyanaik differently abled kids maybe different than the normal kids but that is because they are special in their own way and people like you are always their light in the darkness. Your story is a true inspiration!

Karisma December 13, 2020 12:50 am

@siyanaik It's such a great experience that you have shared. It's the purest for of psychology, to help others who really need it. I am sure it must have been so satisfying as well to be able to undertake such an internship. Hopefully all you future endeavours also give you wonderful experiences and memories.

A.Basu December 13, 2020 1:31 am

@siyanaik Thanks for sharing.

Vanshika Nagda December 13, 2020 10:00 am

thats great! all the best 

Aparna Jayachandran December 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Hey, it's so beautiful reading your experience. Indeed those kids are really a gem to spend time with. Wish i also get an oppurtunity soon!!

Elysia Fernandes December 13, 2020 7:59 pm

you’re doing a great job! The feeling of making another smile is the greatest! Wishing you a lot of luck!

Sani Lavakush December 13, 2020 8:44 pm

You've shared such a beautiful experience. Its good to know that you know how to handle kids.

Smrithi.S December 13, 2020 9:51 pm

Good read, thanks for sharing!

vrinda tuteja December 13, 2020 10:57 pm

hi siya, thank you for sharing your experience. it was lovely. take care :))

Akshita Wasnik December 13, 2020 10:58 pm

That is a great experience right there! Good luck.

Aishwarya December 13, 2020 11:04 pm

Inspirational and awesome. Keep it up! 😀 

M. Benadict Savitha December 13, 2020 11:29 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience actually it made me go back to my internship experience and thank you for this article 

Gourinanda T S December 14, 2020 12:44 am

The experience from your internship program is very priceless and you were able to do it well. Good job. 

Pratik Jha December 14, 2020 1:39 am

So awesome

Shanthi KKannan December 14, 2020 3:32 pm

Amazing!!

All the best.

Ritu raj December 14, 2020 5:21 pm

I don't have much experience but i hope i learn something from this. All the best

23 Answers

You are only one step behind your dream .good to know your path to your goal. Great to hear from you. ☺

all the best for your future. I was great knowing about your experience.

I'm a 3rd year psychology student as well and we have similar experiences. Great going. Good luck💛

Your initiatives through internships and volunteering have definitely helped the cause of psychology. Really proud of your efforts.

Awesome!!!

Great content really liked it..

It was a great reading your volunteering experience.

Good luck for your future:)

Heyyy! Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience with us.♥️

Hii Siya, I can relate that kids can put up a smile on your face even when you are feeling low. I worked in such a organization for 3 months too... It was far from my home. Even if I used to get exhausted, they used to recharge me. Spending time with them and our memories together is something I treasure the most.

Wow! Thank you for sharing. I really wanted to be a part of volunteering programmes like this for a long long time, and I'm happy I'm getting this opportunity. I'm really interested to work with old people and kids, thank you for your experience, will help me gain more knowledge about how it is working with them. 

Hey , thanks for sharing and all the best for your future 🌸

Thats amazing. thank you for sharing. Good luck.

wow!! That was an awesome experience!!

best wishes for your future ❤️ 

Whoa that sounds like an amazing experience, one that I hope to have some day. Thank you so much for sharing!

You have such a wonderful journey. Thanks for sharing

Hey, I'm a final year student too!

These little little experiences mean so much and add on so much to our knowledge!

Keep going girl💯

Such a cool experience! I worked as a classroom aide in a school for special needs students, and I loved it so much too! I miss volunteering, with COVID currently 🙁 but hoping to go back soon.

Stay safe, and all the best!

This is such a heart melting experience. You've done a wonderful job. I wish you good luck and may you keep on helping people like this)

It's amazing how you knew it that psychology is the field you want to grow in. I have a similar experience where I spent time with differently-abled kids in an organization. I had to play with them, teach them or colour with them. It was a great experience altogether. Just like you mentioned, we develop a lot of patience working with these wonderful kids. I learnt a lot from them too. Keep up the good work and keep spreading smiles. 😊 

Thank you for sharing your experience. All the best for your future! 🙂

Great experience. Thankyou for sharing:-)

Thank you for sharing your experience 

All the best for your future 

It's great to learn how one opportunity taught you such precious things. It's indeed fun to study such a subject that has a good amount of practicality. Goodluck with your future plans  Cheers🌻

That’s such beautiful experience you had with that internship, thanku for sharing it 

R.Aishwarya December 12, 2020 6:44 pm

@kanak

That was such a beautiful experience. Great to know about it.

Share: