Embrace yourself wi...

Notifications
Clear all

Embrace yourself with Psychology

17 Posts
16 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hey guys! Today I am here pouring my heart out in hopes that it will help people out who may find themselves in the same situation as me. 

We all have some unpleasant moments in our lives, mine were no different. To sum it up right from my childhood I became really good friends with my loneliness and I always waited for someone to give me that affection and the moment I saw that happening I held onto it like my life depended on it. All of it started when I was in 8th grade. New group of friends and that I best friend who I thought understood me, things were great until 9th grade where my bestfriend developed symptoms of anxiety disorder and things started getting messy as I was the care giver and I had no idea she had anxiety. I just knew that there is something wrong with her and her parents are making her visit a therapist who helped her solve the issue. By the ending of 9th we got into a huge fight during our final exams which resulted in me failing in 2 subjects. And that's when all of the things hit me all at once and I developed symptoms of anxiety. It was a feeling I was not aware of but could somewhat relate to because of my ex - bestfriend. I wanted to get rid of that feeling so I started looking it up on the internet the symptoms that I was experiencing and found out that what I am going it can be anxiety. I asked my parents to take me to a therapist they were not sure what was happening but realised that I needed help and agreed. I went to my first session and was informed that I did have anxiety but it can be treated. 2 years into therapy and constantly working on myself I saw myself getting better and better. And in that process one of the key things was my journal. I also loved craft and painting since the very beginning and I started maintaining a journal since 8th grade. At first it was just random things but as I entered 9th grade I realised that my journal because a place for me to express my feelings through art without any judgement and unknowingly I was using art therapy in my journal which helped me heal. Till date I have a journal that I still draw or paint in when I am not able to express my feelings into words and it gives me comfort in the most bizzare way. 

After experiencing anxiety myself and also being a caregiver to my ex- bestfriend I finally understood what anxiety meant and never wished for someone to go through that feeling again. Because believe it or not it eats you up from inside. That's when I decided to get into psychology and be a clinical psychologist in the future. And I am working on that goal. 

The bottom line is even when you feel like this is the end and you are stuck, don't lose hope. Believe in yourself because you're strong enough. Because you're worthy and you deserve the world, even though you don't feel like it at that point of time. You can do it! I believe in you. 💖

Here is a page from my journal for an example: 

Iarisa Nongbet December 12, 2020 5:39 pm

@mohiniagrawal really beautiful Glad that you found what helps you, and happy to hear more people wishing to help others through psychology.

R.Aishwarya December 12, 2020 6:51 pm

@mohiniagrawal

appreciate you for putting up something so personal and emphasizing on staying strong,no matter what. Stay strong as always.

Namitha M December 12, 2020 7:25 pm

@mohiniagrawal I really felt inspired reading this.. thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Sakina Husain December 12, 2020 9:12 pm

@mohiniagrawal this whole read was so inspirational! We all go through adversities to realise the importance of being happy and content. U found peace in art, and its honestly relatable. Giving u loads of wishes on a successful life!💫

Kritika Bhair December 13, 2020 1:17 am

@mohiniagrawal it was quite interesting and inspiring!!

Best regards!

Prakriti Sanganeria December 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Hey Mohini!  I am so glad that you shared your journey with us and you have really motivated us. I can really relate to finding peace in art because it really helps me a lot too. You have a great future ahead and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Saumya Srivastava December 14, 2020 9:37 am

My peace lies in music for it soothes my soul, no matter what I am going through. It helps me manage my emotions be it happiness, excitement, sadness, or anxiety. Your post was very inspirational. More power to you!

Aleesha Joykutty December 14, 2020 9:41 am

Kudos to you for being open and sharing your thoughts. Whenever I get stressed out, I also do journalling. Scribbling our thoughts helps to keep track and channelise our emotions. More power to you.

7 Answers

That was such a motivation. Your words could make a person more passionate to psychology😀

Mohini Agrawal Topic starter December 12, 2020 6:00 pm

@sreerekhakzenith hey! That's means a lot thank you soo much 🙂

Hey Mohini! You're making good progress and I'm proud of you! I'm glad you shared a piece of you with us and I want you to know we're all with you. Always reach out when needed. I love your journal and that was only a page. I wish I could get back my creative side, this inspires me. Thank you and I hope you do become an amazing clinical psychologist (I'm on my way for that too). I'm here and I'm putting my faith in you. Do your best!

Mohini Agrawal Topic starter December 13, 2020 8:00 pm

Hey @jerrymum1999 Thank you so much for your kind words and I am sure you'll become a great clinical psychologist in the future. Good luck! 🙂

Your journal is very beautiful. Your story is quiet inspiring. I loved the way you reach out to your parents for help. That was amazing.

Hi Mohini, being in 9th grade , feeling something was wrong and initiatively seeking therapy isn't a small thing dear friend, people are pulled to take therapies because they can't accept something is wrong, kudos to you for your courage.

I'm glad that you're a really strong person and you're going great. Good luck with everything 💛

Wowww so beautifully explained. Great going May you achieve your goal.Best wishes

Hello Mohini, glad to know that you are fighting so well and winning your battles. I just have one suggestion from my side, your intentions are really good and before you go ahead and counsel someone, clear your mind and work on your anxiety and worries because being a therapist is also quite stressful and demands patience and emotional strength. I wish you all the best and hope that you find more energy to deal with and solve your concerns and help others as well.

Share: