Notifications
Clear all

My career

77 Posts
44 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

Hello all. I'm kritika. I have completed my bachelor's in psychology, journalism and women's studies from IIPR, Bangalore. I chose science in my class 11 and I opted for psychology instead of mathematics. At first I wasn't very much interested into psychology. When I started learning about what psychology was and different theories, I felt I could understand myself better. I was very much fascinated with Sigmund Freud's work on defence mechanism and Id, ego, superego. Soon I became very interested in psychology classes. Infact it became my favourite subject too. Then after completion of my CBSE class 12 examination I had second thoughts about pursuing MBBS. That's when psychology came into mind. I m very understanding by nature and empathetic. So I thought why don't I choose this field and help people who are in distress. So I applied for this triple major course. The three years of undergraduation was wonderful for me. I got to understand myself more, my strengths and more importantly I was able to accept who I am. I learnt my weaknesses and I made efforts to strengthen it. The 3 years thought my lot of psychology theories and I was able to think from the theorists perspectives too. I had lots of insights and I started to give my opinions during the class discussions. Infact that made be become more passionate about this field.

I started to research about how psychology is related and how it has multidisciplinary approach. With whatever assignments I do in my other two majors, I try to relate with psychology. I believe in practical learning than normal theoritical knowledge. I relate my experiences with psychology too. I am the first on in my family to enter into mental health profession. I am proud of myself because I have the capacity to be empathetic in order to understand what others go through and also exhibiting unconditional positive regard. People like us are required in this world where everyone is judged.

I have done diploma in art therapy too. That gave me more insight to who I am and I help people who feels difficulty in expressing through words. So I use art for them so that they can express. It has helped me and my few people whom I have administered on and provided suggestions. 

I feel that this subject makes us understand our own experiences lot better which will make us think others situation from their perspective. I hope we all learn a lot in this internship. Looking forward to know you all. 

Thank you

Kanak December 12, 2020 5:59 pm

@kritika hi, I myself also found Freud’s work on id, ego and superego very fascinating. Thanks for sharing your experience

Harshita Vaswani December 12, 2020 6:11 pm

@kritika that was relatable. I took pcb as well and thought of doing mbbs. I too stumbled upon psychology, it wasn't something I always had in mind. I screwed up my boards so I didn't get a good college like IIPR. 

Thanks for sharing your experience Kritika!🙂

R.Aishwarya December 12, 2020 6:53 pm

@kritika

Great to know about how you found your passion. Keep helping people, stay happy.

Namitha M December 12, 2020 7:38 pm

@kritika This was so relatable... Even I am the first one in my family to step into a mental health professional 🙂

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 7:53 pm
Thank you R.Aishwarya, Namitha M, Kanak, Harshita Vaswani
Diksha Tarnekar December 12, 2020 7:58 pm

@kritika I was always fascinated for studying psychology but we didn't have the subject ik our school. Psychology is really an emerging field. And yes, world does need people who are not judgemental. So good to know you. All the best for your future ahead. 🙂

Shraddha S. Kambli December 12, 2020 8:15 pm

@kritika it was great to know about your experience. Thank you for sharing it. All the best for your future.

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 8:53 pm
  • Thank you @ shraddha S. Kambli
  • @Diksha Tarnekar
Mrunmayee Kulkarni December 12, 2020 9:20 pm

@kritika very inspiring to know how you found your passion. Even i was a biology student and just like everyone else even i thought that only mbbs is something to be persuaded after this. Psychology has changed my perspective and yours too. Keep going !

Kanishka Mendiratta December 12, 2020 9:21 pm

@kritika

It feels so good to hear you experience. As I'm a fresher right now, so this article was really informative for me. You  gave a perfect insight a students looks for. Beautifully explained.

Would love to gain a lot of skills and experience from you🌟

Vanshika Nagda December 12, 2020 9:41 pm

@kritika Thank you for sharing this. Its good to know you found your passion. Keep going!

Diya Rao Jaini December 12, 2020 10:18 pm

@kritika it's really interesting to see how you've found your passion. Mixing subjects commonly associated with humanities and science really needs to be normalised. great to see that you're a pioneer in that field. great job!

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 10:57 pm

Thank you@Mrunmayee Kulkarni, @ Kanishka @Vanshika Nagda,@ Divya Rai Jaini

Femitha Rachel Ebby December 12, 2020 11:05 pm

@kritika Hello Kritika, I am happy that you are doing something you absolutely enjoy doing. I believe Psychology is a wonderful field, because it is good for our and others' souls 🙂 I also did my Bachelors in Bangalore, and right now, I am doing my Masters in the same city. The minute I read Bangalore in your post, it kind of took me back to the memories I had made before the lock down. Thank you for bringing back good memories to me through this post. 

I was also really into Freud's theory during my Undergrad. I am currently attending a workshop on Play Therapy 🙂 While going over your post, I saw your interest in Art Therapy. I would definitely love to give it a try once I am done with my Masters next year. I am looking forward to having a brief conversation with you someday regarding the same, so that I get a better idea.

Good luck with your future, Kritika. I hope you show yourself Unconditional Positive Regard, while lighting up everybody else's world 😀

Kritika Bhair December 13, 2020 1:01 am

@kritika heyyyy Kritika

Kritika this side.. hahaha!!

It was very good reading your experience

Good luck!!

Kritika Topic starter December 13, 2020 9:32 am

Thank you kritika!!. All the best to you too!!

Kritika Topic starter December 13, 2020 9:33 am

Thank you@ Femitha Rachel Ebby. All the best to you!! We will interact soon

anshika singh December 13, 2020 10:11 pm

@kritika heyy, Freud is for sure an amazing person amazing doings. And what you said about psychology in our personal lives, its so so true. Sometimes I'm like why is this person this way and the next moment i'm like, INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES BRUH. 🙂 So yeah and also yayyyy I'm looking forward to becoming an art therapist because its the simplest form of expression and heals wonderfully. 🙂 Glad to know about you. 🙂

Kritika Topic starter December 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Thank you so much all the best!!

vrinda tuteja December 13, 2020 10:49 pm

hey kritika, hope you are doing good. i am a class 11 student with immense interest in the field of psychology. it is so great to see you learn so much about yourself using all that you studied. i really do hope it works out the same for me. thank you for sharing your experience. sending you love :))

Joanna Ann Daniel December 13, 2020 10:58 pm

This was so wholesome to read:) You should be proud for taking up such an awesome subject with all this devotion! All the best!

Aishwarya December 13, 2020 11:07 pm

Very Informative and I am glad you found your path. Good job and keep it up! 😀 

M. Benadict Savitha December 13, 2020 11:23 pm

Hey kritika it's so good to know you and your passion work on it more effective and achieve more. Thank you for sharing about you in your article

Aishwarya December 13, 2020 11:31 pm

Very informative. Thanks for sharing! Have a good day!! 😀 

Preethama December 14, 2020 2:15 am

hey congratulations in coming this far. I'm the first in my family as well to pursue psychology and its a great feeling to be the first of a kind in your family. Psychology is the best and its more of an interdisciplinary subject and helps in understanding oneself and others aswell. and i guess i have rarely seen someone in this field who doesn't agree with Freud.

Vipassana Gautam December 14, 2020 8:24 am

I cannot add much to such a pleasant description. As we keep saying in Psychology, first, we have to work through the years on ourselves and only then we'd be able to help others. The core of Psychology is understanding of the self. Anyway, I am also interested in Art Therapy. Kindly let us know more about it in future. Keep up the good work 🙂

Kritika Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:56 pm

Thank you:)

Fatima Vinod December 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Hey!

Thank you for sharing your story! I would love to know more about your experience with art therapy! Good luck on your future endeavors!! 

Kritika Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:25 am

Thank you

23 Answers

Hii krithik maam your profile is amazing. The pathway you choose is great. You have correctly build your carrier along with your passion. Well done. Best wishes for future. 😇

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 7:49 pm
@sreerekhakzenith Thank you!! All the best
Grisha Vora December 12, 2020 10:10 pm

@sreerekhakzenith

Hey,

It's just so so so great that you have such great qualifications and like am amazed by the way which helped you develop interest in psychology, I know it's always hard in the beginning but eventually it gets better. 

Keep going.

Take care!! 🤗

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 10:52 pm

@sreerekhakzenith Thank you so much !! All the best

Ritu raj December 14, 2020 5:31 pm

Happiness is most important role in life.. stay happy

Kritika Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:26 am

Thank you

Hey, nice to know about you. It was great to know about your experience. all the best for your future

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 7:48 pm

@sujap Thank you suja. All th best!!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you were able to find your path towards Psychology and that you enjoy it as well. 

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 7:47 pm

@aratrika Thank you aratrika. All the best!!

Thankyou for sharing your experience. It was great to know about it. Your mention is art therapy has made me more curious about it. Best wishes 😊

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 7:46 pm

@siyanaik Thank you siya!!

Hey Kritika! I'm so glad to know about you. I've always looked at Psychology as a multidisciplinary field which needs additions and links with all aspects of human and society. We need more people like you who can broaden the reach of Psychology as a subject. Also, art therapy is one of the most beautiful approaches, especially considering how children and adults alike can engage in it. I hope you do wonders in the field. All the best!

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 7:46 pm

Hey Kritika,

That was an interesting article. It gave me a lot of insight into psychology as a subject and the journey of a psychologist exploring the vast field. I have learned a lot. I find it inspiring that you  dedicated your service to the people who need it. Art therapy sounds interesting and I will read up more in it. Thank you for introducing the concept to me.

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 8:50 pm

@gourisreekumar hey thank you so much all the best to you!!

That was great to know!! Even I'm doing a triple major. I love art too and would love connect with you on using psychology and art together💛

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 8:51 pm

@ilhaamshaik hey glad to meet you. We can always connect. This is my Instagram id _.kri.tika

Wow, just wow, your love for the subject and dedication can be seen throughout your writing and that's wonderful, wish you all the success .

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 10:50 pm

@nishithas Thank you so much!! All the best to you too

Amazing to read experiences like this! Dream high and may all ur dreams come true!❤️
Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 10:50 pm

@albythomas Thank you so much!!

Hey,

I am so glad with the way by which you tried and develop interest in Psychology. You have achieved so so so much, i mean it can help others to develop and get a view in their future choices. 

Keep Going.

Take care!!  🤗

Kritika Topic starter December 12, 2020 10:51 pm

@grishavora Thank you so much!! All the best to u too

Heyy buddy🌻. Got new perspective for psychology after reading this nd my interest has risen up more. 

Much love 🧡

Kritika Topic starter December 13, 2020 8:08 am

Thank you so much. All the best bud!!

Fabulous experience after reading 

Inspired me..

Thanks 

Kritika Topic starter December 13, 2020 9:34 am

Thank you Janvi. All the best !!

heyyyy sooo amazing. I actually added it to my favorites 😅

Thank you for sharing this with us♥️

Kritika Topic starter December 13, 2020 11:57 am

Thank you!!

hii. nice to know about you. Hope we can get along. Nice to meet you. Multidisciplinary approach is really interesting. Good luck...

Kritika Topic starter December 13, 2020 11:57 am

Thank you!!

hey, your career pathway seems great! 

Kritika Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:36 am

Thank you!!

Hey... I am fascinated with art therapy and would love to learn more about it...this was a wonderful read 

Kritika Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:37 am

Thank you

glad to hear that you grew to like the subject. It definitely is an interesting subject.

good luck

It's nice meet you hear. thanks for sharing. Good luck

Kritika Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Thank you

Thanks for sharing your journey! I loved reading this. Really inspiring. Also, I'm also really into art therapy. Music therapy as well.

Kritika Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:54 pm

Thank you

Hey,

Sigmund Freud's work is out of this world. His research and his theories are so apt that people are fascinated about it and gets intrigued by it to learn more and the same happened to me. I joined a course, got to now about his work and started learning psychology.

For you, I'm sure you will help out many people with you work and learnings.

Kritika Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Thank you

Glad to hear about your journey. It's so inspiring. Hope u have a brighter future. All the best😊

Kritika Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:55 pm

Thank you

Heyy

I love Freud's theories too. And it's good to see that you've done diploma in art therapy. All the best!

Kritika Topic starter December 15, 2020 9:12 pm

Thank you. All the best to you too!!

Thanks a ton for sharing your experience...

Your story can be very useful for us who are just starting out in this beautiful field...

Also great to know you took a diploma in art therapy...

Anyways...All the very best for your future

Share: