Notifications
Clear all

Hello everyone,

32 Posts
33 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter

🌻

I am a BCom. graduate.I chose commerce as my stream because frankly speaking science wasn't my cup of tea and it still stands undefeated. Commerce also offers a wide range of career opportunities and I really enjoyed reading articles relating to the economy and businesses. I have always found psychology quite fascinating so, I volunteered with buddingpsychologists, as it will help me get a gist of what influences human behavior, about the mental process of an individual, and to understand how we act and feel, what factors shape our personality, etc. which will help me in future.

Parishree Pandya December 12, 2020 8:26 pm

@simranrai it's good to see people from other streams taking an interest in this subject. I hope you have a good time doing this internship and learn many things.

Sneha Agrawal December 12, 2020 8:55 pm

@simranrai Hello mate!!Hope u are doing good.Well I have known people from  Science or Commerce taking an interest in the field of psychology.And that is definititely a very good start to exploring on self,exploring your passions and true areas of interest.One interesting thing is u can actually continue by integrating Commerce and Psychology.Cause psychology has wide applications in advertising,marketing,and consumer behavior.U can even explore the field of business psychology if u want to stay in touch with Commerce as well as also want to explore the field of Psychology.All the best for whatever u choose in life.🌟

Prerna Dash December 12, 2020 9:44 pm

@simranrai it's good to see people from commerce background taking interest in psychology, it's amazing. You can apply psychology in business and know the felt needs of people. Good job, keep going.

Diya Rao Jaini December 12, 2020 10:21 pm

@simranrai gaining more exposure is definitely the best thing to do when you're interested to know more about a particular field. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Femitha Rachel Ebby December 12, 2020 10:59 pm

@simranrai Hello Simran, really glad that you are here. It is also pretty refreshing to hear that being a commerce student, you have always been wanting to know more about Psychology. I had one paper on Industrial Psychology when I was in my Undergrad. Since I was never really into commerce, I remember sleeping through most of the classes. My bad.

However, this could be such an interesting field for someone who knows the skills and the theories related to market places. Maybe, if you ever feel the inclination towards Psychology in professional sense, you could look this up and see if you like it. Irrespective, I wish you all the very best in this journey. I believe this will turn out to be a very fulfilling journey for you. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. 

Kritika Bhair December 13, 2020 12:58 am

@simranrai glad to see you here

Good luck for your internship

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Economics is indeed interesting. I'm reading a book fooled by randomness it's good so far. 

Karisma December 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Hello simran, it's nice knowing that people from different streams take interest in psychology. And it will surely help you in the business/economic field as well. Where there are people there is psychology. Hope you have a great time in this internship. 😀

Shatakshi Garg December 13, 2020 5:55 pm

Psychology is not limited to a single stream, you proved that right. Keep up!  ❤️

Lavanya Bahl December 13, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi there! Love that you're taking a step in a totally different direction from your chosen path. Trust me, it'll be an interesting experience for you. I hope psychology favors you and you get the wish to do more in it. Someone said that you don't have to have formal training to apply the basics of psychology in everyday life and I couldn't agree more. Concepts of memory, attention, positivity and motivation if taken a strong liking in can do you wonders! All the very best. 🙂

Elysia Fernandes December 13, 2020 7:41 pm

So good to see people from others streams here too! Wishing you all the best ☺️

Jigyasa vashistha December 13, 2020 9:26 pm

This is pretty awesome.. I too am a commerce background... I too had interest in this field.. We seem so similar.. Felt something after hearing your story.. Hoping to connect🙏😇.. Stay happy.. 

19 Answers

Hey Simran! I always keep saying this, Psychology is a lifestyle. You don't have to go a formal training to apply Psychology into your life. I'm glad you're doing just that. There are always courses, books and other resources to feed your curious mind. Best part about Psychology? You can integrate it with any field at all. Workplaces, stressful situations where your balance sheets eat your head up, everywhere! I'm glad you're showing interest in the field. You're amazing!

Hey Simran, looks like your in the right place to explore everything on your list, have a fruitful learning and good luck 🙂 

Heyy! I'm glad that people from other fields are interested to know about Psychology. Good going!

Heyyy Simran! I like that brutal honesty that you showed to share your story! Keep going and God bless!💜

hii. I am so glad that you found psychology interesting, well, who doesn't... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Welcome to the team 😀 

Yes we all are here only to get huge knowledge regarding psychology 

All the best

Thank you for sharing about your experience.

Be happy

Good luck:)

Thanks for your experience!! Commerce is a very vast field. There are lot of research about psychology related to commerce and it's a evolving field. Wish you all the best!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us , ❤️💕

Swarnima Tewari December 13, 2020 1:41 pm

This was really amazing . Good luch dear

Hey!

I hope you are doing well.Glad to know about your experience.

All the best for your future.

Hey man! Welcome to the team. I am so happy that you find psychology interesting even though you're not studying it formally. I wish you all the best for your future and do what makes your heart happy!❤️

We all are here to learn. Everyone can make use of psycology in their fields.

So great to have you.

❤️😊

I love your thirst for knowledge, and it is really brave and commendable that you're exploring a new subject. All the best for you future! I hope you get to know more and more about psychology!

Same pinch!

Let's explore this field for the sake of our love.  And yup being a biotechnology student with scopes counted on fingers i know commerce is an ocean of scopes.  

All the best.  

God bless!:)

Well its good that you dont have a mentality where you think you should only stick to ine subject. I am happy for youto be doing something you like.

Thank you for sharing your experience! How's your journey been so far?

Learning psychology helps you in every field and it will definitely be helpful to you in future. All the best!

Welcome!! But it would be best to warn you now-don't come deep into psychology otherwise you won't be able to go back to commerce 🤭 . Anyways, now that you're here, I hope you gain a lot and keep your interest alive!!

Heyy,

Am glad you found psychology interesting and also choose to persue what you wished to and what you like because our happiness is in our hands and not in others. Looking forward to learn more from you.

Keeo going.

Takw care!! 🤗

Share: