“The best way to fi...

Notifications
Clear all

“The best way to find out whether you’re on the right path? Stop looking at the path.” –Marcus Buckingham 🙂

32 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Greeting to all. I’m a 12th class medical student who chose psychology over maths. Although my parents insisted to take maths because I was good in maths and there is more scope(acc to them :/) in that, but I refused and chose psychology. That decision I felt was the best decision I took. Because when I read the psychology books and attended the classes, it was truly an interesting topic to discuss. This is the only subject that made us know oneself better and recognise our feelings. TBH I never knew how to stand for myself or my loved ones, but now I can feel their emotions and be their support system. This Subject made me realise that IT OK TO BE NOT OKAY, otherwise I usually thought maybe I’m overreacting or over emotional about some things. Therefore, I would love to share that I will choose and pursue psychology in college and be one psychologist one day to help people to accept them as they are and not as others ask you to be. I even made an INSTAGRAM account named @talkktous to give a note of hope daily and to some people who follows me and to spread awareness about Positive Mental Health.So at last I would also suggest you all, if you think you want to pursue the subject of you interest please do it. Because the satisfaction of loving your work is more than the money you earn. all the best!!!

In the end I would like to thank you for reading my article and hopes for your well being.

Elevate your mind 

Be Optimistic and Be Safe 

THANK YOU🌻 

Kritika December 13, 2020 11:51 am

It's true. This subject gives lot of satisfaction. All the best!!

Divya Chopade December 13, 2020 2:33 pm

Hello, 

Thank you for sharing your journey , it's very inspiring ! Proud of you babe ! 

Sending good vibes your way❤️

Sneha Agrawal December 13, 2020 3:14 pm

Great job making an effort to spread optimism around people.I think sometimes we really need it.I hope u definitely can fulfill your good of becoming a good psychologist.All the best,and continue spreading positive vibes throughout life.👍

Amrita Jain December 13, 2020 4:36 pm

good you took the decision which you thought to be right for you and soon you will discover more about this field and will surely fall in love with it. and very well said it is ok to not be okay...all the best for your upcomig life

Neha Upasani December 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Hey....The thought shared with us is just amezing...Being optimistic is always good for our mental health too...

RIYA/RIRI December 13, 2020 5:33 pm

I admire that you stood up for yourself and decided to do what your heart wanted, psychology does teach us about a lot of things. And I’m glad you decided to follow your gut and chose psychology, I also really love your initiative on creating a platform that talks about mental health. Kudos to you.  

Shraddha S. Kambli December 13, 2020 7:36 pm

You're doing a great job already. Keep it up. All the very best to you❤

Mohini Agrawal December 13, 2020 7:48 pm

I am soo glad to know that you chose what you wanted! I hope you achieve everything that you wish for! Good luck! 

Preethama December 14, 2020 3:50 am

hey there, congragulatiions for making it this far. its okay to not be okay, inspired. much love, all the best.

Saumya Srivastava December 14, 2020 8:39 am

I chose Maths, Psychology, Political Science, and Economics as my subjects in 12th and they somehow worked out well for me. It's thus very important to choose as per your interest and attitude even if it may be inter-disciplinary because in the outside world nobody works with sign boards saying what they studied, we all work together and the one who is skilled is the one who goes ahead, other things are all nonsensical. 

13 Answers

Glad to know you are already helping people. Remember you are still studying Psychology so we still are not eligible to diagnose or advise people what to do. We can only spread positive words and I am positive that you are just doing that and not anything more. All the very best!

Ananya Praveen Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Thank you very much. and I know that right now I'm learning to understand the emotions

however, thank you for your advice Krishna 🙂

You're doing a great job 💖.. best of luck 💖

Ananya Praveen Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Thanks, Sharmana 😀 

Good to know that you're helping people. Have a great day. The post was amazing.

Ananya Praveen Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:28 pm

Thank you for reading it Rashmi ❤️ 

it's true. your selection was awesome

Ananya Praveen Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:29 pm

THANK YOU Ashywaryalakshmi 🙂

Reading that candid paragraph made me feel like I was talking to a fellow peer . I am a grade 11 med student . 🙁 sadly psychology option wasn't a liable in my school . If you know of Internships for me lemme know,  coz u r a med student t and must be know ing on kinds of opportunities I expect.  Till then  Tc 

Sending radiance 

Ananya Praveen Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:34 pm

Thank you so much Gurleen. Good to know you like my post

Also about the internships that you asked, I could advise you to follow (fortis mental health) a page on Instagram who organises many internships for students interested in psychology

Ayyo I've gotten an Insta hangle with more or less the same aim , maybe we could collab sometime ?! Hoping to hear from you 

Dm me @_shades_of_khushi_

Ananya Praveen Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:35 pm

sure we'll. I'll dm you on insta 😉

Hii,Thank you for sharing your experience, and as you perfectly said IT IS OK TO NOT BE OK, yes indeed. Have a wonderful journey ahead.

Ananya Praveen Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:36 pm

thank you very much Ayeman

It's very nice to read about your journey and know that you're taking steps towards spreading mental health awareness and what better way to do it than through social media. And also happy to know that you're loving what you do.  So keep up the good work ! 

Ananya Praveen Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:37 pm

thank you, Aditi. thanks for reading my article

happy to know u like it

It is amazing that you were strong enough to take your own decisions, and also the idea of the instagram account sounds amazing! I really got to know alot from your experience, and I'd like to wish you all the best for all the future endeavours. 

Ananya Praveen Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Thanks, Srijita ❤️ . and yeah maybe sometimes you have to believe in your instincts about the thing that you want to do 😉

Glad to see your courage and motivation to pursue something that you're passionate about. Also, the steps to help and encourage people around you and spread positivity is truly amazing😊

Hey 🙂 Very true what you said 😀 I hope you get to follow your dream. Keep smiling 😀 The instagram idea is great 😀 We all really need positive thoughts in our lives now ! Wishing you the best 😀

Hey..Thanks for sharing your experience.keep growing..All the best-selling for your future

Very inspiring. I hope you have a wonderful journey ahead.

Share: