Never wanted to be ...

Notifications
Clear all

Never wanted to be psychologist!😛

25 Posts
26 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Being brought up as a single child though I had a brother studying in India and me with my parents in Saudi,my parents always had great expectations and hopes for me! But the fact was I was not that bright student and the only talent I had was talking.😛 In 12th,I had no other option than humanities as my stream of choice because I was bad in science and extremely weak in maths(so no no commerce!😂)I studied so hard that I wanted to become a lawyer and bring a change in my family.

But god's decision was different and just before my boards my father got hospitalized and was sent back to India for further treatment.Despite all the problems I somehow managed to get 92% and became one of the toppers of my school and got 98 for psychology.My full family members took the decision that I should study psychology so that I get a merit seat in some college.😌

Though I never hated the subject I was not confident whether I could study psychology and become a psychologist.Because deep inside I knew I wanted to become "Adv Alby" and not "Dr Alby".🤭 But that's how fate is,we don't know what is going to happen to us the next moment and the only thing we can do is believe in God,live in the present and go with the flow. I have no regrets for taking psychology as my subject indeed I am grateful to everyone specially my family and friends who believed in me when I didn't.The more I study psychology,the more curious I get.Psychology is a magical subject,though u may find it boring,trust me,the more you study psychology,the difference u can create in others life is huge! Like I always believe.        

Be a diary in someone's life. There is nothing more happier than knowing someone is happy and the reason behind that happiness is you!

Class over! Disperse🤭💓

Prerna Dash December 12, 2020 9:18 pm
@albythomas what you said is really true, being a human diary for someone is a privilege. And helping people with their mental health problems. It gives one immense satisfaction and happiness. 
Gurleen Kaur December 12, 2020 9:19 pm

@albythomas

destiny brings you where you are supposed to belong. Omg i hate maths and was pathetic in it and scored same marks psychology as you!! I wish you success. 

Israela Pinto December 12, 2020 9:33 pm

I too never even dreamed of taking up psychology but no one knows the future only God does... I'm glad you took up this field. All the best for the future🌸@albythomas

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 3:17 pm

This is one of the unique pieces I read today. Thank you for sharing!

Saumya December 13, 2020 3:40 pm

You're really strong having scored such amazing marks even after the hardships you had to go through, well done you're awesome 🙂 And if being a lawyer is something that makes your heart sing then maybe you can do it down the line cause it's never too late 😉  psych def helps even if you're a lawyer :))

Shubhangi December 13, 2020 4:58 pm

Thats so nice. I hope you and your family are well now. Take care, continue to study psychology and have a good day.

Navleen Kaur December 13, 2020 8:13 pm

Maths has always been my enemy, it was not the subject that I was afraid of but more my teacher which I believe contributed to my fear of it. Psychology is truly a magical subject as it not only helps you understand yourself but connects you with other people too. I would love to talk to you more!

Preethama December 14, 2020 1:39 am

hey its great to know you believe in fate and congratulation on reaching so far, glad to know your story.

Manasi Bhosale December 14, 2020 2:48 am

Everything happens for a reason! Sometimes wrong train takes you to right destination! 

16 Answers

Hello! This is so beautiful. Sometimes when things don’t go the way we want, they are detour to the right direction. I’m so glad you choose to stick with it and grew up to love it. Psychology is magical indeed. Wishing all the happiness and success for you! ✨

Life is unpredictable... no one knows what will happen  next...

Great inspiration 

Your article was as beautiful and optimistic as your smile. Great experience 

You are very passionate about psychology. I too get curious when I read it. All the best!!!

We all have plans about what we want to be or do but life is unpredictable and that’s the beauty of it. Thank you for sharing experience 

Wow , I can relate 🤪..... All the best for your future 🙂 

Wow Alby! That's so sweet. First of all, I am happy things happened the way they did and you are here among us. I am sure it happened for a reason and I hope you realise that this is the field for you if you find happiness in bringing a positive change in people's lives. You can, and I'm sure you will, make a change and do a great job in this field. 

And it is not just limited to that... You can make your own life better in so many ways with the help of psychology; you'll get to know yourself better, love and accept yourself more and lead a fulfilling life. It's great to hear about your experience.😊 

Rightly said🌸 By the way loved your journey to psychology🤓❤️

Hey! This story of yours is just so beautiful! Things don't always go as planned but everything happens for good! I wish you all the best for your future endeavours.

Hey thank you for sharing this beautiful experience with us

Psychology is an interesting subject. You will find amazing stuffs here. So, be positive and keep going. 

Your experience is so raw and it gives me hope, and I'm pretty sure many others as well. I can say for sure, after this I'll have more faith on destiny and about where I'll go. 

Hey,

It was a similar case for me at home too. My parents didn't want me to be a topper but wanted me to get very good grades. I can relate to you totally. I guess this was what it best for you and I am sure you will love psychology just as much as you loved being a lawyer. Hope you have a great journey ahead . All the best!

Wow , thanks for sharing your journey . Yes what  you said about destiny is so true . And psychology is truly a magical subject, there's always something new and interesting to learn . Good luck for everything !

Your journey is inspiring. Real live example of how unpredictable life is. I guess even god wants you to succeed as a psychologist. All the best for your future!

Hey there Alby, i hope things work out for you and you thrive in your life in future. Thank you for sharing your story ❤️

Share: