My path in the fiel...

Notifications
Clear all

My path in the field of Psychology

18 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello to those who are reading my post. I'm Sakthiswaari R M D, I am an straight A student in school. Everyone who knows me expected me to be a doctor in the future considering my knowledge level but i'm not interested in that. Especially during the past two years of my life was a complete turn over which led me to a new path known as Psychology. I am an introvert in family where as totally an extrovert in school. Since i never denied my parents wish in any circumstances the Expectation that they had for me of becoming a doctor was a big pressure for me. i was worried that i could not satisfy them in this condition , Slowly this worries turned into depression that i could started forgetting how to speak. Though I'm a extrovert in school my teacher started noting my difference in the behaviour and reported about it to my school counselling teacher. She helped me overcome my depression and that is when i was reborn. Later i had a thought that " I've over come depression but there are many who can't even understand that they depressed or don't have any anyone to help them" that is when i became fond of this field and with the help of my Godmother, My school counselling teacher Miss Femmie Ferdenande i became a part of this field and am very interested to gain my knowledge in this field.....

I really thank those who have read my Whole post.

Sakthiswaari

Shatakshi Garg December 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Great to know your experience ❤️

Kirtika Tiwari December 13, 2020 8:59 pm

So happy you shared your experience here. I love how you yourself knowing the feeling of being depressed wanted to help others overcome it. Keep shining,love. 

Smrithi.S December 13, 2020 9:35 pm

Happy growing in this field!

vrinda tuteja December 13, 2020 10:02 pm

it was inspiring knowing your experience. however, i do feel bad that you had to go through a depressive episode to figure out your calling. anyway, i wish you more power, luck and love :))))

Ranjima Raveendran December 13, 2020 10:31 pm

You are such a warrior! Yes, there are many people who are not even aware if they are depressed. Let us all be strong enough to acknowledge our feelings. More power to you! 

Aishwarya December 13, 2020 10:36 pm

So brave for sharing your experience with depression. It is great that you found your path. Good for you. 😀 

Joanna Ann Daniel December 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Hey! You seem like such a sweet and kind person. Thank you so much for speaking out with your experience. I'm sure you are going to do well in this career!

M. Benadict Savitha December 13, 2020 11:34 pm

Happy to see you and your article be great in it and thank you for the article

7 Answers

That's beautiful growth! I'm glad you chose psychology in the interests of helping others and giving back to what you've got! All the best in your future endeavours! 

Hey! You are really very brave and the best warrior! And above all, you are very empathetic. It feels quite nice to see that you chose to help others. Also, I'm very proud that you chose what you liked over what your parents wanted, even if it led you to depression. You did not quit what you liked even after suffering. Thank you for motivating us all!

Keep going and All the best!

Sakthiswaari R M D Sakthiswaari R M D Topic starter December 14, 2020 10:12 am

thank you

Wow, your story is very inspiring!!!Hope your doing well now!

Sakthiswaari R M D Sakthiswaari R M D Topic starter December 14, 2020 10:13 am

Yes!! I'm perfectly alright now yet i need to careful and not make my depression recurrent

Thanku for sharing your experience and all the very best for your future 

It was very inspiring ,thank you for sharing 🌸

its really nice to hear that you came out of depression. you did really good and never give up. Good luck.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I believe it really helps to talk to someone and be open in times of depression.

Sakthiswaari R M D Sakthiswaari R M D Topic starter December 14, 2020 10:21 am

Your idea is good but i didn't work out for me. Coz when one is experiencing depression they already suffer from trust issue so we can't generally go and speak with them directly.

Share: