Give more than you ...

Notifications
Clear all

Give more than you take, love more than you hate

21 Posts
20 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

So this is how I developed an interest towards psychology and how it went from not being on my radar to being one of the only topics I could think about. I will in middle school when my parents got divorced and the house shifting, the fights, feeling abandoned and unwanted made a smashing cocktail that had me getting bad grades, isolating thus losing friends and basically, it took away who I was. So from a cheerful, ambitious person who always had a flask full of confidence with her I became someone that wouldn't want to do anything, cried every morning and became vanilla. After a couple of months of not wanting to exist, a classmate suggested I consult the school councellor and I had nothing to lose so I did. Just ranting and crying to her every morning had me finding solutions to my problems. After I healed a bit, I grew curious about how she knew the underlying thought to all my elaborate narratives of my problems and how she not only helped me become independent to solve my own issues but also had me stand in the other person's shoes, why they're doing what they're doing and how it's more about what they're going through rather than what they feel about me. The mind and how it works intrigued me, studying people and their actions became a hobby and when I began studying psych as a subject it was everything and more than I had imagined. Helping someone get out of the prison they've made in their head, helping them find reasons to live, being a conduit in them connecting with themselves, liking their own company and them being genuinely happy, according to me is the greatest thing one can do and if I can make even a kernel of difference in this big bad world then that's enough for me 🙂 

Vanshika sharma December 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Hey. Thankyou so much for sharing your journey. You've been through so much man. I hope you know that you are loved and you are so bold! Problems are just part of our life, good is yet to come. I hope you do great in your life because you deserve the best. Lots of love!

Israela Pinto December 13, 2020 3:59 pm

@saumya You've been through so much and yet decided to stay strong... That's really nice. Continue to be brave and don't worry everything will fall into place 🙂

Chestha Dengri December 13, 2020 6:11 pm

hey there . You sound so interesting and kind ! I hope you do great ! Thank you so much for sharing your story 

Aparna Jayachandran December 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Hey, I would like to say that it takes a lot of courage to take that first step towards accepting that you need help. Really admire your will power to continue it!!.

Mohini Agrawal December 13, 2020 7:34 pm

Hey! I could totally relate to it! I also had an experience which lead me to take more interest in Psychology. And I am really happy to know that you've passed that phase. Kudos to you. Good luck! 🙂

Shraddha S. Kambli December 13, 2020 7:42 pm

Hey! Thank you for sharing. Best wishes to you for your future. Stay strong. 

Navleen Kaur December 13, 2020 7:57 pm

You are really strong and I understand what you went through as I faced a similar situation but I am really happy to see you are doing better now and I would love to connect with you.

Sani Lavakush December 13, 2020 8:54 pm

You have been through a lot and dealt with it so strongly. I know this can't make you feel better but you really inspire so many people. Just keep going like you've always dono. Key to success is never giving up😁👍🏼

Shobha December 13, 2020 8:58 pm

honestly you are really strong person man and I think if you have seen so much in your life in such a small age you can overcome any problem in life just be happy and yes psychology is the best subject a person can ever study just be yourself love yourself and loads of love to you ♥️may God bless you be strong man and you are strong

anshika singh December 13, 2020 9:57 pm

it really feels great to have a community of people falling, learning, getting up and wanting to give a comforting space to people out there, showing kindness and empathy, wanting to help them heal 😉 we grow up together<3

Joanna Ann Daniel December 13, 2020 11:03 pm

I'm so proud that you have expressed yourself so well:) I can totally relate with you. Life had hit me hard too and psychology was my aid. I wish you all the very best for your future!

10 Answers

Hey, so proud of the person you are🤗❤️🤝 inspiring story you have🌸

Hey thank you for sharing your beautiful experience with us!

Hello, it's always a pleasure to get to know different people's different journeys, we learn so much from it. Just don't give up ever! I wish you all the best for your future!

This post was modified 3 years ago by Vanshika sharma

Hey, very nice to know about your experience, so glad you found psychology and you were able to find help. More power to you ! Good luck and hope you're better now . 

This is very well written and I would like to say that it is absolutely amazing to see you share your story. More power to you 🙂 But one thing I would like to add is that, we shouldn't look at psychology as trying to help people come out of their prisons, cause then, what if we have clients who we cannot help, that will for sure make us try harder. Which will really take a toll on us. But i would also like to add that you are very strong and i am so happy to see you interested in the subject 🙂

Interesting, Nice writeup, I hope You don't stop and continue with same spirit. All the best.

Crying is not a weakness. I can understand how strong you are. All the best. Continue as you are.

My story is a but similar to yours, just that my school counsellor wasn't helpful, and there was no divorce, and endless fights, even today. Are you okay now? and even though I'm a complete stranger, I'd like to ask if there's any problem, you can tell me or talk to me. I;ll always be there, and you should believe yourself. You're the best, okay?

Thank you for sharing your experience....it's really great that your turned a tough phase phase into bringing something positive to the world...very motivating 

Hey there ! Thanks for sharing and more power to you 🌸 💕

Share: