How I felt that psy...

Notifications
Clear all

How I felt that psychology was the right field for me

12 Posts
13 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter

Throwback to class 8th when I heard that my cousin was going to become a psychologist. I asked her why did she choose this field? She simply said one thing, "humans want to be understood, they want someone to support them, to just simply listen to them and guide them and that's all I want to do, I want to help people help themselves." These words are still imprinted on my heart. Coming back to today, I believe that there is a purpose why everyone is here, each and everyone of us has a purpose and mine is helping people. I am in 12th standard and I absolutely love psychology. I know I just know the basics of it but I believe that it's the right field for me and this is where I belong!

Lavanya Bahl December 13, 2020 7:58 pm

Indeed that's what the goal of psychology at it's core is. I'm glad you feel such strong emotions for this subject, the more enthusiasts we have, the better. I'm currently pursuing Ba. Psychology Hons but not long ago I used to feel the same way when I was in 12th. All the best for your future! 🙂

Sani Lavakush December 13, 2020 8:50 pm

What your cousin said is quite inspiring. I love what she said and indeed it is very much true. Best of luck for your future.

Sayeeda Zaiba December 14, 2020 12:14 am

Hello Vanshika. I totally get you. I am in 12th as well and I for sure know that psychological is the field for me. All the best for everything ahead. 

Akshita Wasnik December 14, 2020 12:24 am

That's really good to hear, I am doing my masters in psychology and trust me you have a lot of fascinating stuff coming your way. Good Luck!

6 Answers

Your cousin said just the right words and I am glad that you got inspired and chose this field. I hope you are able to fulfil your purpose and help lots of people in helping themselves; and lead a fulfilling life yourself. Love and luck to you!

Chestha Dengri December 13, 2020 4:48 pm

Your cousin sounds amazing ! How much would you say psychology interests you ?

Shubhangi December 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Its so beautiful that just a sentence from your cousin lead you to your passion. Both of you seem like wonderful people. May you soar to great heights. Take care and have a good day!!!

Hi Vanshika!

I really loved to read how you came about to choosing psychology in your life. It is great that you kept this article brief and to the point.

Best wishes,

Sneha

What your cousin said was completely right.

hello!!

Your cousin is definitely right about psychology!! and its good to know that you want to help people!!

best wishes for your future ❤️ 

This is amazing! Your cousin is very much right about Psycholgy, nd it indeed is a very interesting subject. It's so great how u came across this nd now you yourself want to pursue it. All the best for your future!

"I want to help people,help themselves" It felt soooo good to read that! I hope you find your right path within psychology and come out as a better person!

More power to you!

Share: