Being skinny is not...

Notifications
Clear all

Being skinny is not a crime , Its another name of Beauty

62 Posts
48 Users
23 Likes
Topic starter

Heya , I'm am Aashima , since 9 standard I have heard many statements stating : arre tu kuch  khaati nhi h kya , bahar mat jaa hwaa tez h , Tekko kiss baat ki tension tere pass kuch h bhi , and god knows what  !!! At a stage it was really hard for me to face that things when my only bestfriend said why are you tensed you will look same from both the side , This actually shook me off like a mountain is just over me and I cant do anything . I was really in a state where I was literally numb like seriously how can that person tell you anything whom you always meant a backbone of yours . Lately I started reading novels about personality development , watched videos how to accept yourself and then gradually I started accepting the thing that its okay all I have to do is tell them that yes I am strong and Yes I am skinny and I love my body . From that I was totally different person and I supported and told other around me also that its okay to be skinny or fat or curvy , You are beautiful in your own way . 🌺 🌺 

Mrunmayee Kulkarni December 12, 2020 9:02 pm

@aashima38 very inspiring ! Even i m a skinny girl hence i could relate a lot! Being skinny or fat both are the most dynamic feelings and its high time we start considering everything or everyone as normal rather than making it a big issue .

Sakina Husain December 12, 2020 9:43 pm

@aashima38 this is very inspiring! Its really great to know how u accepted urself. Many of us around always come thru these kinda situations. But there is always a time whr we realise things ourselves and its a positive turning point!💫

Aanandi khanna December 13, 2020 12:24 am

@aashima38 thank you for this and you are beautiful don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Shruti Shashidharan December 13, 2020 12:53 am

@aashima38 I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I have been skinny shamed several times too. It's really amazing that you had faith in yourself and didn't let them put you down. instead you actively took steps to change the situation! Hope you're doing well! 🌺

Sneha Agrawal December 13, 2020 1:17 am

@aashima38 Hey girl,not to worry at all .Let them talk!! Beauty standards are placed by people who are insecure about their own self.Besides an individual's personality and skill set matters the most in life and not appearance.Beauty is not evergreen,it is a facade and fades with time.Stay strong and keep going✨Best wishes!!

Simran Rai December 13, 2020 1:12 pm

More power to you!! As a skinny person myself I could totally relate.. Thank you for sharing your experience .. 😊

Navleen Kaur December 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Very inspiring ! Even I am a skinny girl so I could relate a lot! Its really great to know how u accepted yourself. I would love to connect with you.

RIYA/RIRI December 13, 2020 5:36 pm

SO PROUD OF YOU! yes, slay! In the society we are living if we aren’t exactly as they want us to be or the standards then we are outcasts or need to change. I’m so glad you decided to work on your self esteem and developed a healthy mindset of accepting yourself. It is so empowering seeing you being so comfortable in who you are. I’m very proud of you. So glad to be working with you. (: 

Neha Upasani December 13, 2020 5:42 pm

exactly...Beauty doesn't define you..Even I think Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder so dear instead of thinking about anyone one should accept himself/herself as it is and always try to grow ..

Diksha Tarnekar December 13, 2020 7:08 pm

Heyyy!!!! I completely understand what you have been through. I'm skinny too and underweight too. I have been called many things too. But Accepting yourself is a first big step to self love

And it's all about having a healthy lifestyle. You are beautiful as you are.

All the best.!!!!

Rashmi Parab December 13, 2020 7:34 pm

I am glad that someone put this through and really talked about this cause I have been through the same. Society does show gold jewels but there's nothing but black rock underneath. This is beautiful, thank you. 

Aparna Jayachandran December 13, 2020 7:41 pm

Hey, it is really important to accept yourself. And you have done it so beautifully!!

Elysia Fernandes December 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Yesss!!! I love how relatable and accurate this is!! I too am a skinny girl and this is so so relatable. We’re perfect just they way we are! Our bodies do not define us. Love yourself gurl you’re amazing❤️

Mohini Agrawal December 13, 2020 8:03 pm

Hey! Thank you for sharing it makes me really happy to know that you're such a strong person and handled the negativity so well! I am really proud of you. Keep going 🤗

Azha Amina Akbar December 13, 2020 10:22 pm

We live in a society where physical appearance is given much importance. It is very hard to go past all the seizing comments people give us regarding our beauty. The stares, the sympathy, the suggestions, sometimes it is very frustrating. But yes, as you said we have to just ignore and move forward!

anshika singh December 14, 2020 12:23 am

body image issues are real. Thankyou so much for putting this out. There are literally so many people who connect to you. Thankyou for speaking up. More power to you. You go girl. 🙂

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 12:25 am

THANKU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT , LOADS OF LOVE AND YES FOR SURE I'M GONNA SHOW OTHERS THAT YE I'M BEAUTIFUL IN MY OWN WAY 🤗 ❤️ 

Taniya Singh December 14, 2020 12:51 am

I think whatever happen, happens for a reason. This experience is what made you evolve to a much strong person which are you right now. More strength to you and wishes for your better future. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Khushi Garg December 14, 2020 1:12 am

Hello, I am so glad I found this. Im skinny too, I hear comments all the time but uk what I secretly love my body, I always did, it makes me feel like a queen but somehow what others say makes me sad and think about whether I actually need to do something about it or not. The point is that I don't, the only people we should please is ourselves. 😊

Pratik Jha December 14, 2020 1:21 am

Very inspiring 

Dhriti Chadha December 15, 2020 6:59 am

Body shaming has been going on for years and has actually been accepted by us. This pattern shall change, no matter how you look, whether you’re chubby or thin, you look beautiful as you do

28 Answers

Exactly being skinny or chubby is never a crime and it is high time people change this attitude and accept everyone the way they are! Keep going girl!💓

Smrithi.S December 13, 2020 9:39 pm

Everybody is beautiful in their own way and your article should be read by the people who throw comments, happy growing!

Totally agree. It hurts so bad. And specially when relatives tell you stuff like "my daughter 4 year younger than you looks older than you" why can't just people stop pointing out the fact that someone is skinny. Everyone already knows how they are. I always make myself understand that it's oki to be skinny and it's not a crime. More power to you girl.❤️ We all are beautiful 😊

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:06 am

Exactly 😂 Like what's the point we know how we look , thank you for taunting us .... It was really nice sharing experience with you .. 

Thank you so much 💗💗 

Much love to you 💕

I'm so sorry that you had to face such primitive minds. I think we need a lot of development in society. We need to teach them kindness , generosity and how to change these beauty standards.  I don't think our weight, face , color or anything for that matter is a beauty indicator. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Hakim Khairunnisa

I'm really proud that you started loving yourself and accepting that you are beautiful just the way you are. I've always been a chubby kid so it's never been easy for me too, but at one point I got tired trying to live through society's expectations. Also really in owe by how you did it all by our own. Thank you so much for coming forward with this story. Cheers to all bodies!🍃

Thinker/ Dreamer/ Believer

Hello. I'm so sorry that you had to go through all this. I wish you had a person who could just hug you and say "it doesn't matter". But you realised it yourself. Which is great!!!!! Loving yourself as you are is always the first step in making people love you. Great that you accepted as you are and helped others too. Really great job. Keep loving yourself no matter what. Yes you might face more such rude comments but if you stand strong in from of them they will go away. Feel good about yourself YOU are brave. Glad you shared your story here. Lots of love and strength. 😀

Sigh, its true that insecurities come in all forms and none of them should be glazed over, regardless of whether they think they're saying it as a compliment. I hope that you'll feel more comfortable in your own skin as you continue to meet more people and that there is more awareness regarding giving labels (for body types in this case). Felt nice to hear you say that you've been growing more confident about yourself!

So inspiring❤️🤗 Proud of you girl🌸

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 9:52 pm

thank you so much 😀 🌺 

Hey Ashima!!!

Your story is really very beautiful. Usually people accept others opinion and they need someone to tell them that they are perfect in their own way. But you started reading books. You found your insight on your own. Your deserve an applause for this👏👏

Well done!!!

well said, it does not matter how you look, what your skin colour is or what your size is. As long as you are accepting yourself and you are comfortable in your own skin, nothing else matters. People should stop judging others based on such parameters, it really has an effect on people's mental health but I am glad that you didnt let others get to you

hey Aahima!!

you know what this is completely relatable because I was also skinny at some point..and every body type is beautioful in its own way!!glad that you shared your story.. ❤️ 

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 9:58 pm

heyaa @shreya

Thank you so much dear ❤️ 

Very inspiring. You're doing great, don't let anyone else put you down.

A virtual high five for owning up and accepting yourself the way you are😊 Accepting ourselves truly does empower us. Also, it is never okay for anyone to mock your weight and pass distasteful comments- a thing that is so rampant and done so casually but what is ignored is the effect it has on the individuals both physically and mentally. Your size does not define you and nor do those unrealistic beauty standards. You are You and that's your biggest strength. May you continue this journey of self love and empowerment always 😊

Your words is so beautiful the true soul is rewarded with true love all the best. 

I am so proud of you! Body shaming has become very common lately. People define individuals jus by their looks. I am glad that you faught against people who criticize you and have grown strong during the course of time. Don't let people's opinions supress you and make you insecure. Just make sure to love yourself.

Hey ,

I am soo proud of you! Its so good to know that you overcame people's criticism and proved them how strong you can be. Don't ever let people's judgment bother you or make you insecure. Judging people by thier looks has become very common recently. Just love yourself and don't care about others opinions 😊

I can totally understand you I was also skinny person when was i my 11 grade people used to tease me because of my body that time I always wonder why it is not okay to be skinny and honestly its not about skinny or fat its just the some people perspective thats it. Skinny or fat god makes females to be loved and thats why we as a female should accept it and love ourselves and flaunt ourselves as much as we want. More power to you girl  

hey, completely relatable.. It gets very annoying when they constantly tell you to eat. People went as far as insulting my parent for 'not feeding' me. I still get very conscious to wear sleeveless tops, so now I'm known as the jacket girl 😆 but what's inspirational from your post is that you've converted all that negative energy to something positive! All the best, you're doing great. 

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 10:00 pm

Exactly they will start questioning your family , that is way more frustrating !! Thank you so much dear 🌺 🌺 

Hey! Hello! From what I see, you are beautiful. No skinny do I see 🤔 but ok. First, I am very proud of you and very grateful to that *best friend* of yours. Because, s/he was the reason you started reflecting on who you are and whom should you really love! Kudos to you and hope your self love never ends. Never.

All the best!

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 10:13 am

@dj13 Hahaha ! The way you have said is just  so sweet of you , Thank you so much buddy 🌺 🌺 🌺 

Yes! Beauty is from within, and we shouldn't just be defined by our bodies 🙂

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 10:11 am

@divya915 Thank you so much bud 🌺 🌺  

I'm proud of you!

I've been there.  I was curvy.  And to not be it i did all.  Now that I'm not anymore it doesn't really change anything.  So it's just presence or absence of body weight i don't understand the fuss about it.  But hey listen who doesn't accept you the way you are and makes you feel bad about yourself is not a friend. 

But you are strong.  And I believe you are much ahead of the rubbish. 

You are amazing. 

All the best. 

God bless. 🌟💛🌻

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 10:05 am

@isaha Thank you so much girl .. much Love , yes I have found what opinion of other person doesn't define my beauty . 😍 ❤️ 

Heyy,

You know girl nothing is more important thsn your inner beauty. No matter wether you are skinny, fat, tall, short, black or white or any terms that may offend us. Because people are gonna laugh if you're perfect and also of you are not so that doesn't matter. But I really love the fact that you are trying to accept and love yourself.

Keep going.

Take care🤗

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 10:07 am

@grishavora Thank you so much bud 🌺 🌺 , you too keep spreading love ❤️ 

It's not about appearance it's about inner beauty, sadly most of them lack this knowledge we can't change everyone but atleast we ourselves can grow strong by being happy the way we are ,not giving a thought about negativity..kudos to you on your right activities that you took up at the right that has made you who you are today, big hugs strong buddy 🙂

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 9:50 pm

thank you so much bud 🙂 

A big virtual hug to you for learning to accept yourself. It is really sad when the people whom you expect to love you and accept you say such hurtful things without even realizing how these things might affect you. We only need to keep our bodies and minds healthy and not worry about what body type we have. While this acceptance comes with a lot of effort (because of the way society has conditioned us), I'm glad you're on the right path. Every-BODY is beautiful!!! More strength to you and I sincerely hope we are able to change the general mindset about body image.

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 9:56 pm

Thank you so much dear . True though society has made their own perceptions . 🌺 🌺 Thank you so much for sharing words of wisdom . 

Kudos to you for accepting yourself the way you are....we are all unique and beautiful in our own way 

Hey! This is so relatable. I've heard those statements too and I still hear them. Acceptance really helped me and I'm glad you're confident about your body now. <3

There was, is and will never be an ideal body shape/size. Everyone is born differently, with different physical and mental traits. And we have no right to comment on anyone's body shape. And i'm so proud that the present social media is overtly expressing this kind of body positivity. Everyone, every single person in the world is imperfect. No one is born with innate concealers and maskaraas. The sooner we accept this, the sooner we appreciate the people around us.

Thankyou so much for writing this up! Surely made my day!🧡

Stay healthy. Stay happy. Take care.

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 9:47 pm

thank you so much dear , It was nice talking to you !!  🌺 🌺 

I believe whatever happens happens for a reason and this experience in you life has helped you to evolve into a much stronger person which you are now. best off luck and wishes for your better future. Stay happy and shine. 🙂

Aashima Kathpalia Topic starter December 14, 2020 10:10 am

@taniyasingh yes , finally I have evolved as a completely different person , Thank you so much 😍 

Hi Aashima! Thank you so much for penning this down!

I've been thinking about unrealistic body image standards and how they are letting every single person around us down all through this pandemic, to say the least!

I've been battling body image issues for about 8 years now, and I totally agree! It is so important to love ourselves just the way we are!

Once again, thank you so much for writing about this. All the best going forward. Cheers!

Share: