NO No Psychology!🤭😛

Notifications
Clear all

NO No Psychology!🤭😛

24 Posts
25 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter

Being brought up as a single child though I had a brother studying in India and me with my parents in Saudi,my parents always had great expectations and hopes for me! But the fact was I was not that bright student and the only talent I had was talking.😛 In 12th,I had no other option than humanities as my stream of choice because I was bad in science and extremely weak in maths(so no no commerce!😂)I studied so hard that I wanted to become a lawyer and bring a change in my family.

But god's decision was different and just before my boards my father got hospitalized and was sent back to India for further treatment.Despite all the problems I somehow managed to get 92% and became one of the toppers of my school and got 98 for psychology.My full family members took the decision that I should study psychology so that I get a merit seat in some college.😌

Though I never hated the subject I was not confident whether I could study psychology and become a psychologist.Because deep inside I knew I wanted to become "Adv Alby" and not "Dr Alby".🤭 But that's how fate is,we don't know what is going to happen to us the next moment and the only thing we can do is believe in God,live in the present and go with the flow. I have no regrets for taking psychology as my subject indeed I am grateful to everyone specially my family and friends who believed in me when I didn't.The more I study psychology,the more curious I get.Psychology is a magical subject,though u may find it boring,trust me,the more you study psychology,the difference u can create in others life is huge! Like I always believe.        

Be a diary in someone's life. There is nothing more happier than knowing someone is happy and the reason behind that happiness is you!

Class over! Disperse🤭💓

Sakina Husain December 12, 2020 9:51 pm

@albythomas i am so glad u dont regret ur choice after pursuing psychology. I am sure u will flourish in this field. Goodluck for ur journey ahead hun💫

Aashima Kathpalia December 12, 2020 9:55 pm

@albythomas Indeed , Nothing can beat that moment when the person in front of you is happy and you know you actually did something beautiful nd that happiness is priceless . 🌺 ❤️ keep spreading happiness ! ❤️

Diya Rao Jaini December 12, 2020 10:10 pm

@albythomas i think it's really great that you stood by your decision to study this super interesting subject. thanks for sharing your story!

Femitha Rachel Ebby December 12, 2020 10:32 pm

@albythomas Hello Alby, that was really beautiful and funny (in a few relatable ways) to read. First of all, yes---- most often, we may want to do something, but God puts us on an entirely different path. I completely relate with that aspect. I also resonate with another thing you mentioned: You can never really get bored of learning Psychology. There is so much to learn everywhere, and I think the beauty lies in the fact that every individual is different from the other, and therefore, as long as human beings live on, Psychology will also live on in unique ways 🙂 

I am glad to see many people in this platform I resonate with. Another funny thing is even I wanted to be a lawyer when I was in my adolescence. I had even gone for coaching classes--- which were really boring by the way 😀 Happy to know that you are in a good place mentally. Yes, I believe that you will create changes in peoples' lives in whatever small ways you can. Keep the optimism going. Good luck, Alby! 

R.Aishwarya December 12, 2020 10:40 pm

@albythomas

Great writing of the experience. Glad to know you are doing great. Best wishes for your future.

Jiniya Chakraborty December 12, 2020 10:47 pm

@albythomas This just added a smile on my face that how people are being guided towards the field of psychology through stars. And I loved the part about the emoji stair in your post. 😉

Kanishka Mendiratta December 12, 2020 11:42 pm

@albythomas Appreciable content! Amazing.

Yes that's true, no matter what you think about your life but what actually matters is your fate. Best thing is when you have no regret in changing your feel but you are actually content and happy with it.

May god bless you immensely ☺️🌟

Kritika Bhair December 13, 2020 12:39 am

@albythomas amazing! amazing! Amazing! 

You wrote so well and I completely agree we never know what we are going to be served next in our life so just go with the flow appreciate the present

Good luck girl!

A.Basu December 13, 2020 1:34 am

@albythomas Glad to know your experience in this field. Best of luck for future

Avantika Mehrotra December 13, 2020 3:13 am

@albythomas Hello there Alby. 

It is such pleasure knowing about you. I am extremely impressed. And I am glad that you opted psychology and I can ensure you that you won't regret your decision of opting psychology because its such an interesting subject and after all you get to know more about people and yourself too. And congratulations for your result.

I hope that we learn more through this internship. 

Lavanya Bahl December 13, 2020 4:53 pm

It's really good to know that you've fallen for this subject the same way I have. I'm a student of Ba. Psychology Hons right now so could understand how you felt. The most wonderful part about your story was that your whole family supported your decision of taking up psychology. I wish more parents become accepting towards this issue. Anyways, welcome and best wishes for your journey. And yes, we never know what might happen next! 

Hakuna Matata!🌸

Chestha Dengri December 13, 2020 4:54 pm

You sound so optimistic and warm ! good luck with your journey !

Joanna Ann Daniel December 13, 2020 11:23 pm

I love your story! I'm not a bright student either, but interest and dedication is taking me forward. It is so awesome that your family supported you:) All the very best, and I'm sure you're gonna kill it in the field!

Akshita Wasnik December 13, 2020 11:42 pm

This made me really happy, thanks for sharing. 😊 

Saumya Srivastava December 14, 2020 9:34 am

Some topics in Psychology can indeed be boring, for me it was Statistics. But psychology has many specializations available! And then it is necessary to have basic knowledge about everything for no client comes with a manual and we never know what works for whom!

9 Answers

Hey Alby. I really fell for the you have written this. Hope there is a cheerful writer in you, keep boosting it , I really that would turn time worthy soon . Happy writing

Hey Alby

Indeed psychology is a magical subject, sorry to disappoint, but law is not that magical, though it has its merits. Yes indeed, everything happens for a reason. Thank you for sharing your story and I am glad you now find confidence in psychology. Best of luck for your future.

HIII, felt so good reading about your journey. All the best for your future.

Life is not predictable... anything can happen with anyone... Glad you didn't regret !!!

I always believe key to happy life is not to live in regret🤗❤️
proud of you

Hey! I hope you are doing well...your experience related to psychology is really interesting and i just want to say 

"There is good reason for every happening".so keep going and keep spreading your love towards psychology.

I know life can be really unpredictable sometimes but I have learned that it always teaches us something. Psychology is a great subject if you really show interest in it but if you wanted to be lawyer you can try to study criminal psychology or related to it to feel more close to your dream.

That was such a fun-loving way of narrating a complicated tale! Hahaha! Bravo bravo bravo! "Be the reason behind someone else's smile" is definitely the way to go!🧡🧡🧡

P.S you're so strong.🌺

Lol, I appreciate your sense of humour!

I always believe you should follow what you gut tells you to. But studying psychology additionally will only benefit!

Cheers! 

Share: