Being a Home Scienc...

Notifications
Clear all

Being a Home Science student

23 Posts
23 Users
4 Reactions
Topic starter

Hello people, I’m doing my graduation in Home Science and I’m in 2nd year and I’m gonna share my experience about the course. Doing graduation in Home Science was definitely not my first choice but when life gave me lemons,I made lemonade with than rather than sulking, I did sulk at first since my friend’s were doing law, pharmd and fancy courses but here I’m doing home science but I got to know during my first semester exams that subjects in the home science are not at all easy especially Human development, God I still don’t know how I managed to get an A in this subject. 1.5 years down the lane, I’m gonna give exams for my 3rd semester this December only and believe me the subjects this semester are still not easy. I have finally got to the realisation that this course do offer some great career options and also gets looked down upon. It’s high time we give this course the recognition it deserves. (PS I still sulk when it’s nutrition practical but it’s may be because I’m not that much found of cooking)

Namitha M December 12, 2020 7:14 pm

@kanak All the very best to you.. And Thank you for sharing your experience:))

Amrita Jain December 12, 2020 7:27 pm

@kanak i never consider home science subject in this way.... it is pleasure to know that these subject has such a wider end.

Shobha December 12, 2020 7:31 pm

@kanak it's really suits that don't judge the book but it's cover . All the best for your exam and yes many things seems easy in life but they are not at all . God bless you sweety♥️

Hakim Khairunnisa December 12, 2020 11:48 pm

@kanak

Your writing shows your positive attitude towards life. You can bring positivity around. Happy to have you on this platform.

Aanandi khanna December 13, 2020 12:37 am

@kanak proud of you

Sneha Agrawal December 13, 2020 10:34 am

Hey Buddy!!Kudos to making lemonade out of life.If u are happy,its all that matters.Hope u  excel in the field u r persuing.Don't worry u will have a great life.And please to encourage and motivate people more in this field of Hone Science.Best of luck to u.✨

Prerna Dash December 13, 2020 12:42 pm

@kanak I can very well relate to you. I'm also a home science student and this subject isn't easy, especially Human development which is basically developmental psychology. Home science is an interdisciplinary and a very creative subject, you've to think differently in each and every subject, so kudos to those who are doing this course and more power to you. May you achieve what you wish for, god bless you. 

Simran Rai December 13, 2020 12:50 pm

It is great to know that these subjects also offer a wide variety of career options.. Thank you for sharing your experience.. All the best for your exams 😊

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 2:53 pm

When I was a kid I wanted to be a mermaid but life gave me lemon but I didn't make a lemonade because I don't like lemonades and I became an adult instead, and trust me I never wanted that. Unlike you I do alot of sulking everyday and all the time. 

I'm also in college but instead of being in a college I'm at home which is weird and I don't know what I want to be and want to do because adulthood is aweful and I can't decide what to have for dinner!!!!

Because finding a thing that I like which also incidently has an economic value is hard!! And now internet is bring more and more pressure and change the entire human race has ever seen

So now I'm expected to have a job which I like and has an economic value and is creatively fulfilling and is environmental friendly and fun

It is too much to expect from anyone, much less everyone.

Maybe you and I can buy a pony and ride on hills and read and write and maybe I can be an io psychologist for some time and other times I will be things I want to be in the moment. 

But I do know one thing for sure which is No one changes the world alone and no one doesn't changes at all
We are all expectional and none of us really are

Chestha Dengri December 13, 2020 6:21 pm

hey there ! So happy that you found happiness when it comes to your field ! Best of luck !

Saumya Srivastava December 14, 2020 9:02 am

Graduation in Home Science? That is fascinating. You have a lot of career fields open up for you including Hotel Management, Teaching, Social Work etc. I wish you the best of luck and success. 

Aleesha Joykutty December 14, 2020 9:52 am

Hey Buddy!!Kudos to making lemonade out of life.If u are happy,its all that matters.Hope u excel in the field u r persuing.Don't worry u will have a great life.And please to encourage and motivate people more in this field of Hone Science.Best of luck to u.✨

SUBHASHREE December 14, 2020 10:24 am

Each course is different and unique. All the best for you to get a good career. 

10 Answers

Indeed Kanika, this course does seem extremely underrated and  and this is the first time I am hearing an account of a student of home science. Great to hear you. Thank you for letting us know about the course and it's details. All courses are equally important for the society and best of luck for your future. Hoping to hear more from you.

Your writing shows your positive attitude towards life. You can bring positivity around. Happy to have you on this platform.

You know it needs a lot of courage and confidence to join a course which is not much recognised and I appreciate you for that. Just don't worry about anything. Work hard and best of luck for your exams.

Don't take ut as a burden otherwise it won't be easy for you.

Good luck 🌟

There are people to judge be we don't have to be scared as different people will be judging them..

The karma hits really hard. 

Stay and be positive 

Glad u could make up to this field.

All the best 🙂

We have categorized knowledge so much that we fail to realize that it is fluid and all these compartments are man made and created only for our convenience. Hence, we look down on certain subjects. But there is as much to learn in Needling and Gardening as there is in Law and Medicine. I am glad that you realised the importance of your subject. We would really like if you'd tell us more about it in future. Let the world know every subject is important and there is scope in everything. Let us not be the generation who want their kids to be engineers and looks down a yoga graduate.

Hey senior! Best of luck for your exams. It's good to hear that like me you too choose different course. You are very courageous person. ♥️

I am glad you discussed about this field as many are not aware of it. Expecting for more posts. All the best!!

Hey it's a really cool subject ( I think) after reading your views. 

hello Kanak,

The way you shared your story is beautiful that instead of lesser interest And harder battles with your degree you didn't gave up and that's what everyone is learning still. 

Beyond that no course is that bad still I understand doing something without interest is extremely tough but keep faith it might take you to something unexpected. 

And wanna tell u that I had completed my four years UG  in B. Sc community science from home science college and my journey was my choice doesn't matter how much difficult it was. so if you want any kind of help or doubt about subject as you are in 2nd year the Way is open @raginiprasad03@gmail.com. just don't ever underestimate what you are doing, believe your potential is beyond piece of degree. 🌼

Share: