Notifications
Clear all

Let's talk about our issues.

7 Posts
6 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter

Hey Everyone 

I'm Sruti, from Jamshedpur(yep,that same jamshedpur from Dil Bechara) and an aspiring student of medicine 

Do you know why we're interested in Psychology? Because most of us here have a story. Here's mine

I was moderately dyslexic as a kid. When I was about seven, I had a very abusive teacher at school ,and abuse brings trauma. And trauma builds. So, I stopped attending school for almost two years. How do I know?I have no memories of that time (but I have memories of a time before that, mind) 

So, as expected, my trauma kept on building, memories disappearing and I just thought it was the ADHD and I was being forgetful. 

Up until this year  I thought having headmates was a thing everyone experienced because I discussed this with my only friend and she agreed. But this year she came clean and told me she had Dissociative identity disorder. That day I knew what she was talking about. Days of research and chaos later, I now know that I have 13 people in my head. And I suspect I have OSDD 1b. 

But that's the thing. I can't tell anyone about what I'm going through, because mental health is such a stigmatised topic in India. Issues like schizophrenia are dealt with in a way that labels the person with schizophrenia as posessed. So if I did tell anyone I thought I had OSDD, I know for a fact that I'd be treated the same.  

So I decided I'd do my homework and spread the knowledge I acquire. I always wanted to let people know that mental health issues are more than insanity. Because talking is the only way to end the stigma. 

Sree rekha k zenith December 10, 2020 4:36 pm

@sruti hii dear myself sreerekha, you are full of knowledge. Looking forward to work with you 😃

Amrita Jain December 10, 2020 4:38 pm

@sruti hiyaa... indeed an amazing person you..can stop to work together:)

Vaishnavi Aher December 10, 2020 4:39 pm

@sruti hey sruti !  Your story honestly brought me goosebumps but I'm so so happy that you are such a driven and passionate person. Keep it up! And it's so good to meet you 🙂

2 Answers

So bold of you to talk about yourself and keeping yourself as an example to help everyone else out there is so great. I am really excited to connect with you.

Sruti Topic starter December 10, 2020 4:54 pm

@hardeepkm thanks a lot! I had literally no idea I got this posted xd

https://www.instagram.com/thedreamingdamsel/ here's my insta. Can't wait to work with you ❤

Hello sruti. Lisha here. After giving a read to the story of your life, my respect for you has dramatically increased. I would be lying if i say that i can 'completely empathise' with you, for i cannot. I am in no position to contemplate with what you've experienced throughout the journey. 

But one thing that i'll vehemently stick to will be the fact that YOU ARE SUCH A STRONG SOUL. YOU ARE STANDING ON YOUR FEET, READY TO BECOME A PART OF SUCH ACTIVITIES, NOT FOR YOURSELF, BUT FOR OTHERS, for you don't want other people to suffer the way you did. And that is such an amazing thing. I respect you. And I love you.

Sending a whole bundle of joy to you, love.❤️

Sruti Topic starter December 10, 2020 4:56 pm

@lishakalra 

I'm glad that you read through it all. Thank you so much for your support. 

https://www.instagram.com/thedreamingdamsel/ here's my instagram. Can't wait to work with you ❤

Share: