Let's talk about ou...

Notifications
Clear all

Let's talk about our issues

16 Posts
13 Users
7 Likes
Topic starter

I accidentally deleted my post. So here it is. Again. 

Hey Everyone 

I'm Sruti, from Jamshedpur(yep,that same jamshedpur from Dil Bechara) and an aspiring student of medicine 

Do you know why we're interested in Psychology? Because most of us here have a story. Here's mine

I was moderately dyslexic as a kid. When I was about seven, I had a very abusive teacher at school ,and abuse brings trauma. And trauma builds. So, I stopped attending school for almost two years. How do I know?I have no memories of that time (but I have memories of a time before that, mind) 

So, as expected, my trauma kept on building, memories disappearing and I just thought it was the ADHD and I was being forgetful. 

Up until this year  I thought having headmates was a thing everyone experienced because I discussed this with my only friend and she agreed. But this year she came clean and told me she had Dissociative identity disorder. That day I knew what she was talking about. Days of research and chaos later, I now know that I have 13 people in my head. And I suspect I have OSDD 1b. 

But that's the thing. I can't tell anyone about what I'm going through, because mental health is such a stigmatised topic in India. Issues like schizophrenia are dealt with in a way that labels the person with schizophrenia as posessed. So if I did tell anyone I thought I had OSDD, I know for a fact that I'd be treated the same.  

So I decided I'd do my homework and spread the knowledge I acquire. I always wanted to let people know that mental health issues are more than insanity. Because talking is the only way to end the stigma. 

Would love to know your stories too❤

Shenam Wason December 10, 2020 8:20 pm

@sruti all the best 👍 

Have a brighter future ahead 

Israela Pinto December 10, 2020 8:59 pm

Hello!! It takes alot of courage opening up to people you don't know on an online site. Mental health has been stigmatized alot and it's upto us to make people aware of it. Alot of power goes to  you for what you've been through @sruti

Sradhanjali Dasgupta December 10, 2020 9:00 pm

@sruti Lots of hugs dear. Stay safe

9 Answers

Hello Sruti!

Nice to meet you. I really appreciate your guts... Opening up to all of us without any hesitation needs courage... And I am grateful to meet you...

Sradhanjali Dasgupta December 10, 2020 9:00 pm

@yamini24 same here🙂

You are right, everyone has a story and it's never easy to come forward and tell it. Thank you for inspiring, for being bold and for staying strong. May you always radiate with positivity and seek what you are looking for. Hope this internship helps you and you feel fulfilled.

Thinker/ Dreamer/ Believer

Sradhanjali Dasgupta December 10, 2020 9:01 pm

@carenolaren 🥰🥰🥰☺️🙂hello 

Hi Sruti! More courage and support to you! I'm so glad that you chose this platform to open up and spread the word about this disorder. Having studied psychology, I can try to understand what you must've gone through, but I'm sure many people don't. And like you rightly said, talking is the only way to end the stigma. I really hope we all are able to make a difference and educate and sensitise people.❤️

Sradhanjali Dasgupta December 10, 2020 9:01 pm

@kritimisra hello 😍

Heey sruti

I think you are so brave, talented and kind hearted to help others so that they don't have to have go through what you have been through.

And Yes  you are right talking is the only way to end this stigma. Talking about our problem , sharing our story to someone makes our heart feel light. 

So proud of you 🙌

Hoping to get to know you better.

Hi Sruti, appreciate your courage, by this you encourage people to share upon their stories and make them understand there's nothing to get ashamed off .. 

Welcomed and good luck 😊

overall it was a very nice introduction , thank you. wish you a journey and really very pleased to have you with us 🤗 

Heyy Shruti. I m also from jharkhand. Its pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for sharing the stories . We will together bring awareness.😊

It needs huge courage to open up to your trauma and mental health. These are your baby steps towards self-acceptance. We whole heartedly welcome you and hope we could help you as a friend, and help you get through this.

Together we stand strong mate.We are here for you ❤ 

Sruti Topic starter December 11, 2020 10:55 pm

@mirnalnautiyal thanks a lot dude!❤

Welcome Sruti. Hoping for a great time with you. 

Share: