Why I chose psychol...

Notifications
Clear all

Why I chose psychology?

8 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I was in class 9th when I found that someone very close to me was diagnosed with schizophrenia. At that time,I didn't know what it was about or how to handle the situation. I was very confused seeing that person behaving like that. My sister was in class 12th at that time. She had psychology as her subject and one day she was taught about disorders which she came home and told to me. I was very much intrigued by it. Also, I had to take care of my close one who was suffering from schizophrenia. I handled the situation quite well according to everyone. After seeing it, my sister said that it was something I can pursue in future. She felt that I had the capability.

I guess this is why I believe that it has been an experience I'll always remember. I got to know many important things which pushed me towards my interest in psychology.

Smrithi.S December 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Ahh! Psychology is such a beautiful invisible human being ❤️

anshika singh December 14, 2020 12:34 am

having seen people struggle with mental health andthen being a part of this field, feels like a blessing:)

Pratik Jha December 14, 2020 1:57 am

Happy to know about your journey. Very inspiring

4 Answers

Hey, it's amazing how you handled a situation with the little knowledge you had. Imagine your performance with further education!!

All the best for your future 

Ranjima Raveendran December 13, 2020 9:59 pm

Happy to know that there are many people here who are actually interested in psychology. You really have an aptitude in this field. Keep going. 

Hi Sani!

It was delightful to read your journey toward psychology. I admire how you handled the situation when you were in class 9th with the person who was going through schizophrenia. 

All the best for your future!

Sneha

I'm glad you were able to handle the situation well. Thank you for sharing! 🙂

Thanks for sharing..all the best for your future. 

Share: