Welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Notifications
Clear all

Welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 Posts
9 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter

I'll be honest, I have no clue why I picked psychology in particular. What I can think of is that I've always been the odd duck and i learned this the hard way that universal human suffering, black holes, logic, fallacies in religion, anatomy of the brain, neurodynamics of existence and anime are not topics that one brings up on the dinner table or anybody, ever. Because people love illusions and almost all my peers went ahead and learned their trigonometry, long divisions, their poems for recital, studied for 10 hours a day because they were driven by the need to not fail in life and because their parents said so.

Here i was worrying that I'll only get 4 hours on my Playstation today and boy do i want to see what story unfolds in the imaginary world that someone else made up. Fantasy and complex things always intruiged me and I have no clue why. So understandably, I intruiged myself more than anything.

One thing that I have seen is that people who study psychology and philosophy are a bit odd when compared to the classic example of an excellent normal person. There's something deep, morose, shining and infinitely agonizing behind those eyes with dark circles around them. And i find that beautiful.

Studying why we do what we do, how our mind and body perceive the world and makes sense out of it and what are things that make up.... Us. Developmental psychology is vastly fascinating.

Studying and decoding women (oh my dead god, help!), no offence ladies in my experience men are even harder to handle. Understanding the relational dynamics and sympathizing with our vulnerabilities and promoting sensual experience both intellectual and physical. Counselling psychology is a huge help. Plus we get to help others directly as an added bonus.

Or or or, gestalt psychology, phenomenology, experimental psychology, neurobiology, physiology, criminal code and the links that almost everything has with psychology makes me drool to learn it in hopes that I'll find other odd ducks and tired intellectuals to discuss all this with. To help myself primarily and not be a stranger to myself. To learn from those infinitely more intelligent dead people than the dumb, herd mentality alive ones. It's all so utterly romantic but it is also incredibly lonely. So I'm just doing all this for self satisfaction and hope that I'm able to make something out of the randomness of life.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Preethama December 14, 2020 3:45 am

okay man i must say i loved reading this. i couldn't stop smiling. you my friend are really good in expressing things with the most difficult form of communications WORD. something that i feel i lack at. im glad i made it to your ted talks and hope to be one of those intellectuals who shares a great conversation with you. count me in your duck club. just saying odd man out rocks. thanks for sharing.

Sukrutha Mudhol December 14, 2020 9:50 am

Ted talk content indeed!!! crispy 

loved the way you described your observations.  It makes sense 100%

RIYA/RIRI December 14, 2020 9:55 am

I definitely relate to a lot of things. I suppose a lot of us have minds which hold the curiosity of the entire universe so naturally we are made to dig deeper and feel deeper. I think people studying psychology are different because everyday they are striving to decode... everything. Their eyes are always observing people, intently watching every move trying to figure out the why. I guess that’s why we all are here, to try to understand a bit more. Welcome aboard glad to have you here (: 

Fatima Vinod December 14, 2020 7:35 pm

Absolutely loved how you put your content together! Shows how excited you are to learn much more about the subject!! Hoping to see more excitement and content from you!!!! Be safe and well

Nandhini December 15, 2020 4:10 pm

Loved it !!!❤ be safe and happy

3 Answers

Wow. Your really good at expressing staff. I totally agree with you men are bit difficult to understand because  they hide it within . We women share and let go of it. I'll  really  happy  that you choose  psychology because  it does helps to understand one self better. Random decisions are sometimes the best decisions we ever took. I'm doing  my TY in psychology  I never  knew I'll do it. 

Hellooooo Mr.Juneja, 

each and every word is just amazing, throughout your #tedtalk I couldn't stop smiling for this you will receive blessings from god 😆( if you know Hindi than I must say - "Gazab likha hai yrr"). I just felt I'm listening to my few friends just similar. fun and free minded man I really like your kind of people. 

and although being into subject books and profession deeply I've still managed not to get dark circles under my eye buddy 😝 and yes you are right, women can be difficult to understand but men are even more harder to handle, no doubt!

Be same full of enthusiasm and fun, stay amazing the way you are, wish you get to manage enough time on your play station. Good listening you. 

Lol. That was a wonderful way of making people cling to your writing. And your fantasy world might actually make you a great writer. 

Share: