The reason I starte...

Notifications
Clear all

The reason I started finding Psychology Interesting.

20 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

All credit goes to the lockdown. During this time I had ample amount of time to find myself, find the reasons I'm not able to do certain stuff, find some psychological strengths about me that made me feel like I had value , that I may not be worthless. It all started when I finally agreed with myself that I am finding it difficulty to understand so many things it may be studies or anything, that it's very hard for me to focus and pay attention, that nothing stays in my memory for long , this got me really frustrated as this was the reason I was lagging behind in many areas of my life and I had to do something. That's when my research started. There is this guy called JIM KWIK, an amazing brain coach (I really recommend all of you to check him out, his trainings, his way of teaching, his story, his podcasts and videos, everything, it'll really help) I started listening to his podcasts, seeing his videos on YouTube, attending relative webinars, relative blogs and learning about people who have suffered worse (with learning challenges) and how they came up, how they overcame those challenges. All of this fascinated me and helped me a lot. All of this led me to knowing my Meta learning, learning terms and meanings from neuroplasticity, neurogenesis, to learning techniques like spaced repetition , chunking, the Pomodoro technique etc., to playing brain games etc. Then I went on to research a lot more, I found a lot of value in all of this. In the midst of all this I was going through therapy to find out if my therapist could help me regarding my learning and everything but it turned completely different for me. It shifted to my emotions, because of problems I was having in life generally and with my parents and family. Figured I was emotionally unstable, that I was having lack of emotions from others, that I was suppressing the emotional part of my brain, that I had no self love, that I'm a self critic, that though I was having a very positive drive and motivation to reach my goals career wise, I had this frustration that I didn't even know was caused by all of those things I just mentioned above. My therapist made me understand for the brain to function in a balanced and proper way ,the right and left hemisphere of the brain are interdependent i.e. our emotions and logical needs to work together and we need to learn to regulate emotions than suppress it. The positives were I'm highly self aware of my logic side (not with my emotions, because I just got to know about them, but I'm learning to regulate it), I now know where I'm lacking, figured how to deal with myself.

There were times I really felt worthless , LIKE LITERLLY WORTHLESS, EMPTY, SAD and I had no clue what to do in life , it was like I was STUCK. My therapist didn't mention anything about ADHD , or depression or anything ,so clinically I am not diagnosed with anything but I always felt I had them. No one saw me from my perspective and that was the worst part. 

All of this made me more mature, made me learn a lot, I really respect Psychology, this field helped me and I'm glad all of this I mentioned above happened or else I would have never known how I would deal with the next steps of life or what life is going to throw at me next. One thing I would request everyone to do asap is KNOW YOURSELF , LEARN ABOUT YOURSELF, it is SO IMPORTANT because you'll have CERTAINITY. 

Prakriti Sanganeria December 13, 2020 5:15 pm

Hey Srushti! I am so glad that you could recover from what you went through. People have been self critics for years and its not new. People blame themselves for things in which they have no fault. They feel unworthy and worthless and think that they don't deserve anything good. Usually these things make them depressed and suicidal. Its really important that we talk these things out with someone before doing anything and I totally agree with you that we should know more about ourselves and also have self love. Because if you don't love yourself, no one will love you. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and I am sure that this path you are in will lead you to a great future. Have self love and be positive. 

Tanisha Ajmani December 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Loved this. Beautifully written!

Srushti BM Topic starter December 13, 2020 5:47 pm

Thank you so much @prakriti sanganeria and @tanisha ajmani

Elysia Fernandes December 13, 2020 8:51 pm

Hey shrushti!

so glad you could share your story with us. This is very well written. Continue to keep up the good work. You’re amazing❤️

vrinda tuteja December 13, 2020 10:55 pm

hey shruti!! i am so glad you shared your experience. it was beautiful. i find myself quite similar to you. for nearly a year, i have felt emotionally detached from everything and everyone. i too am a massive self critic. i would love love to connect with you and talk about a lot of things. until then, take care. thank you again for sharing this piece. 

Aishwarya December 13, 2020 11:05 pm

Very informative and inspirational. Thanks for sharing! 😀 

M. Benadict Savitha December 13, 2020 11:19 pm

Loved to read your article . Thank you for such one. More writing are expected from you

8 Answers

@srushtibm It's not even in question, that the covid has done wonders. I strongly agree with your point of us being "worthy". A lot of us settle for "okay", "it's alright", "this will do". But NO. Do not settle for anything less than YOU DESERVE GIRL! The world is a huge place and you are worthy of it all! You have presented it pretty nicely. 😉 Take care!

Srushti BM Topic starter December 15, 2020 9:55 pm

thank you 🙂

Hey! Your journey is wonderful. A lot of people have wasted their time during this lockdown. I wish I'd done more! thanks for the suggestions. I wish you all the best in life 

Srushti BM Topic starter December 15, 2020 9:56 pm

thanks, I'm happy to help 🙂

Wow your amazing. Really you fought for yourself that’s really good. I’m really impressed of how much you researched about stuff to understand yourself. Keep going. And I will definitely checkout that person you mentioned. Actually even I had problem with learning my memory sucks I have tried lots of techniques but one that I love the most is Active recall with spaced repetition you check that out once. 

Good luck 😊

Srushti BM Topic starter December 15, 2020 9:59 pm

thank you so much, and yes you should definitely check out that guy, it'll help a lot , and thank you so much for the appreciation 🙂

Im so happy you're doing well!!!!

Its a beautiful story but first things first you are not worthless. I am sure you have a beautiful soul. And at that you are self aware, thats a good thing.  I just hope that you dont think low of yourself ever again and if you find yourself in a bind i assure that if not anyone else i will be there for you.

Srushti BM Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:04 pm

thank you 🙂

Aw i think lockdown turned out good for some ! It was amazing reading this and you seems more amazing ! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Hey this was such a wholesome post! Definitely touched a part of my heart. Just reading your journey of where you came from, that dark hole of low self esteem and zero self love just shows how strong your are! Also, thank you so much for mentioning that you go to therapy without being diagnosed with a disorder, it just normalizes therapy and its importance! Being aware of who you are is the first step, so you've already come a long way and self love is def  it a one day process so u probably do have some more way to go but all the very very best for your future! More power and a lot of positive vibes to you 🙂

Srushti BM Topic starter December 15, 2020 10:05 pm

yes, thank you 🙂

Hey!!!...

Thank you for sharing a very motivational and informative experience..

Will definitely check out Jim Kwik...

All the best for your future...

Share: