Psychology as a Car...

Notifications
Clear all

Psychology as a Career..

53 Posts
54 Users
11 Likes
Topic starter

Being a student of psychology how you feel about the world of psychology as a subject. Was it a mistake to opt for psychology as a career or you feel blessed after seeing the reality? Show with your eyes where you see yourself after a few years walking on the path of psychology to those upcoming fellows who are craving for opting it as a career? Considering your experience, what basic mantra will you give as a piece of advice?

Taniya Singh March 20, 2021 6:26 pm

To be super honest i didn't decide to take up psychology and do majors in it. It was all a part of my journey to discover what i really want, rather than doing what my parents or the society wanted me to be. I am glad that i got introduced to this subject. I still remember how difficult it was during my higher senior secondary classes because it was getting a bit tough to have a good psychology teacher. I would say that that it is well said that first impression is the last impression. The very first teacher of mine had such a powerful impact on me that i couldn't control myself into continuing with it later on. 

Later on studying more, i realised that i really want to be a researcher and contribute to the society by doing some concrete researches. I am working towards it making myself better with the dat analysis for both qualitative and quantitative form of research. At, last the mantra i would like to share is that no matter how high the tides seems to be, if you won't step ahead you wont get to know how good you are as a sailor. Again, it's all about keep experimenting without worrying about the results and learning from those errors. 

Anahita Sharma March 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Opting to study Psychology was my choice, and I couldn't be happier about it. Everyday, I feel the need for Psychologists increasing, as more and more people understand the importance of good mental health and reach out for help. The stresses of the modern world are much more intense than what they were, and resources to help relieve that stress is in demand. Psychology as a subject provides insight into the world of human psyche, and I find it extremely interesting. Understanding how and why people behave the way they do, and how that information can be used to help them better themselves so they can live a happier and fulfilling life is extremely rewarding. 

In a couple of years, I would love to gain more knowledge and experience in the field of Psychology and use it to make a difference in the lives of people. I would either like to work as a Counsellor or Therapist, or in the field of Industrial-Organizational Psychology to improve workplace productivity. 

Since my path on this career is also just starting out, I don't think I'm equipped to provide any piece of advice to the young starters out there. However, I would suggest them to keep following their dreams, and to work hard to make their path. Dedication and hardwork will help them achieve their dreams, and of course, taking a little time off to better their mental health is important as well 🙂

Mansi Mundhra March 21, 2021 7:01 am

Psychology is a wonderful subject. I think it should be taught to every student, maybe from 6-8 class or so. It not only helps you to understand others but also get an insight about yourself and other relevant concepts of life. I had no such plans to take it as a career until 12th class but am glad I chose it. It's like enlightening yourself the more you get to know about psychological aspects. Taking psychology as a career is an amazing option available to us, especially at this time of development of robotics and more developed technologies. No one can replace you. 

If you've that goal to help people, you can definitely take psychology as a career. If you think you're a good listener, non-judgmental and have enough patience, just take an aptitude test and go for it. Best of luck!!

Aleesha Joykutty March 21, 2021 8:10 am

To be frank I'm not a student of psychology. I'm doing my 2nd year MBBS. But we have a psychiatry subject in final year. And I feel that psychology too should be included in our curriculum.

Tanu March 21, 2021 11:33 am

In my 12th I gave my NEET exam to go for MBBS but somehow I wasn't happy and feeling satisfied when I was preparing for it. My interest for psychology grew when I took psychology as a optional subject. I was intrigued as to how can our mind have a theory about how it feels. 

Personally ,I had never seen anyone suffer in my family through mental illness. Maybe they did but clever enough to cover it. Most of people in my native ignored the fact that they might be having an illness and instead assumed that this is some paranormal activity done on them. Which actually made me more serious to go at the bottom to find the various reasons as to why. 

I want to keep learning and gain more knowledge. I have always like Sigmund Freud's theory of psychoanalysis and my aim is to know more about it in them and work my way through psychotherapy too. I want to opt for clinical psychology. 

In next 5 years I see myself as a licensed clinical psychologist. Gaining experience through many aspects of psychology. I see myself spreading awareness to people about mental health. Giving free therapy sessions. Conducting workshops and encouraging more youngsters to take up psychology not only as a major but to educate themselves with mental health. 

I never saw myself to become a psychologist when I was young and today I want thrive and do my best to explain people about what it is. 

One piece of advice I would like to give is be patient about what you want and what goals you want to achieve. Try to stay positive and if you find that difficult then there is help and asking for help is not shameful,it's brave so go for it.

Iarisa Nongbet March 21, 2021 11:59 am

Personally when I entered the world of psychology I had zero knowledge about the subject. But as the years passed, I began enjoying it because of the human aspect of it. It definitely is a subject where one needs to work hard in order to pursue a career in this field. Seeing the world through the eyes of psychology has changed my perspective and beginning to be empathetic towards different situations. What I've learnt from my 3 years of studying the subject is that constant reading is necessary, updating our knowledge, and gaining more awareness on mental health topics is a sure way to pursue a path in this career. Basically practical exposure can help with understanding the concepts better than sticking just to the books. Joining more internships and training programs for this purpose, because mental health is a very important matter.

SnehaSasikumar March 21, 2021 3:25 pm

The best decision I had taken in my life is choose psychology as my career. I love it. Its helps me a lot. I stared understand people's problem taking suitable measures for it. Am just doing my undergraduate degree in psychology but then also it giving me the ability to understanding people in depth. It's such a beautiful course. 

Ananya March 22, 2021 8:48 am

Opting for Psychology was totally my choice and I had made that decision quite early in life. A week into diagnosing patients, I've learnt that it's tough. I'm very empathetic. While listening to everyone's struggles and pain, I actually understand and feel it like it's my own. And there, being strong and treating them professionally has been a challenge. But I'm hoping that gradually I'll get accustomed to it.

My journey even during my degrees was amazing. I'm preparing for MPhil now. It's long way to be a clinical psychologist but I'm so willing to work for it. 

It's the best decision I've taken for my career. My problem solving skills have become better. I understand people at different level now. Going through this has changed a lot in me in a very positive way. It was an amazing journey so far and I'm very excited for the rest.

Kaviya March 23, 2021 2:50 pm

As a psychology student, I feel psychology helps get a new perspective - in life & of life. As a subject, it will be of great use to those who opt to gain insight into the world dealing with the mind. On a personal point, choosing psychology as a career is a good choice to get to know oneself better. After a few years down the lane of psychology, I see myself in a career position that is of my passion. Anyone who takes psychology as a stream in their initial years of study may even discover what their actual career preference is. It is an open field for anyone interested in learning why we behave the way we do as the main objective. The mantra I suggest is that follow the stream which you feel is for you whatever it is with firmness! 

Thank you😇

Have a great day!

Gurleen Kaur March 23, 2021 9:35 pm

To be honest, I did not decide to pursue psychology. It was a spontaneous decision i made after i started scoring in it and developing some interest. I took psychology in my 11th and 12th just because I did not like the other available subjects but I didn’t know that was going to turn my career path upside down. I didn’t really have any aim when I was in my 11th and 12th and even now when I am in college I do not really know what i’ll do, but i like the uncertainty life comes with and I’m enjoying the path while i’m studying and understanding myself. Psychology is just not a subject to me it is a path through which I try to understand myself better and others around me. For a new student taking up psychology the most important thing is to understand what it is having to offer, research and check whether it matches their interest or not. Although I am not sure what I really want to do but I am really interested in child psychology or being a special educator maybe. let’s hope for the best.

40 Answers

Psychology is a subject that takes me to an inward journey. I took up Psychology out of interest in 11th and now it has become a big and one of the most important part of my life. Right now I'm in my BA 3rd year which is my 5th year of doing Psychology. 

Things couldn't have been better. It has helped me become who i am right now. It has shaped my friendships, my relationship with my family and how i look at strangers. 

5 years down the line i see myself working as an effective counselling psychologist and helping other people help themselves. 

The greatest advice that I've received and that which i want to pass onto others is that things always do get better no matter how bad it seems at the moment. 

Radhika Saini March 21, 2021 4:49 pm

When I decided to choose a career in mind, I certainly did not think of a Psychologist. It's when someone suggested it to me, I realised that I had majority of those qualities which a Psychologist must have, I researched & over time it was as if I was infatuated with the subject. I liked listening to people, solving their problems, helping them guiding them & that was when I decided to make Psychology my passion & career. This decision has down wonders for me & I believe that Psychology is one of the finest subject anyone could every study. I definitely feel blessed after choosing Psychology.

In a few years, I see myself as an independent working woman with a Bachelor's degree in my hands & researching & working in a renowned company as an Organisational Psychologist & I don't intend to stop there. I wish to pursue different fields of Psychology & not myself to one field only.

My basic mantra in life is a very simple one i.e. live & let others live. I believe this mantra has helped me a lot focus on my goals, enjoy & at the same time work hard.

My advice would be 'believe your gut' & it will never let you do a thing which you shouldn't. My gut has always prevented me from horrible incidents & being a Budding Psychologist I'm able to read the other person well & i.e. what has helped me the most.

Kudos & best of luck to all the Buddding Psychologists out there😊👍🏻

Thank you

I m not a psychology student. I'm a student of life. So ya  I'm now a human form. I have body which includes brain. Brain and body had helped me lived my life till now. But when issues started my own body and brain started acting against me. I got intrigued by the idea we have a study about brain so why not. I started reading lots of psychology facts, that only kept increasing my interest in it. May books and videos on brain. Thanks & really grateful for internet world today. Helped me and allowed be to be a part of my favorite subjects that i wanted to be a part of. Glad I became a part of it here among many psychologist students. I feel I'm one of them too... But professionals are professional so yes. My wish /advice...is just that may we all know how our brain works and make use of it in our best possible way to live our short lives to our fullest.

Kirti Giridhar March 21, 2021 8:11 pm

I have always been fascinated by the wide possibilities of literature. Choosing this internship working as a mental health advocate. The main reason behind this was we all are always engrossed in our own world. Bothered by what we have to do and why we haven't accomplished it. Then most of the time cribbing about the fact that "My life suck, look at him/her they bought a sedan." The ever changing culture and the growing social media trends. Truth is we hardly bother to care about the other beings about us even about our friends. Becoming so selfish and I have always been a person for whom happiness resides in helping other. When people are happy because of me it makes my day. Moreover I feel blessed that despite such a phase I could help a being and spread love and happiness around them. We can hardly trust anybody even I have trust issues. Understanding chaotic human emotions and putting yourself in their shoes and actually delving to the fact the mere reason behind why a  person reacted like this is intriguing and at the same time mesmerizing. Realizing the beauty of being a human. 

I am glad that through this internship I now even health people suffering from various disorders a new path, a way that how we always criticize our own life. There are people who have gone through so much and are still so strong and happy. Its like life is a gateway of happiness and sorrows we have to be ready to be hit by adversity in the face of our goals as well.

Being a beginner in this journey of psychology, never have I ever regretted my decision of pursuing it, because it has opened up a whole new world of revelation, self-discovery, self-healing and so much more. And I'm really really grateful to myself for taking up the courage to take up a different and yet beautiful career choice and also to my family for trusting me. In the coming years, I see myself, being the same starry-eyed kid who I am, doing researches, exploring more about the greatest thing that exists in this whole wide world, " the human mind'" and also helping people to find the lost light in their lives. And to all those who are doubting what the next step must me, I would say it's all in believing that gut feeling, going ahead with it and sticking to it through the highs and lows of life and also trusting in their journey of life.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Gayathri.M

When I initially asserted that I would be opting for Psychology as my mainstream course and education, I received the most common reactions- "Can you read minds now?" Or "oh ho, miss psycho" and obviously the cliché "so what am I think right now?"

Very honestly, when I made up my mind to take up Psychology in my pre-university, I did not face any difficulty as such but there were certain elements of pressure. "You're such a bright student, don't waste your time studying Arts" , "try out Journalism or perhaps CA" and when already confused, the typical statement of the brown culture, "It's up to you now."

My parents were however very supportive although initially asked to reconsider my options, they did not try to change my mind.

Before taking up Psychology, students themselves have certain stereotypical notions regarding the subject matter of the same. Some being, only counseling? Treating the mentally ill? Very rarely does one think that it is about the everday life and about being healthy.

After taking up the subject, one realizes that Psychology is not just related to mental disorders and illnesses of the kind but is a study of day to day life and the impact of its routine and environment on their mental health and wellbeing. Together with this, it also provides one with necessary tips and recommendations for a better living and living healthy lifestyle.

I choose Psychology as my major after completing my 10+2 in Science, Psychology came into focus after Counseling. So Psychology helped me get into Psychology. Today being a part of the Psychology and Mental Health Community I feel lucky as well as privileged because the study of Psychology has helped me get a deeper understanding of myself and also has given me insight into human behavior. The study of psychology has helped me understand what, why, and how about human behavior, also it has helped me become a better listener as well as empathetic. Psychology has helped me develop in all aspects such as personal, professional, and social. Being a part of the mental health community is my privilege as it helps me to propagate mental health.

Today after a few years of study in the field of psychology it makes me understand that choosing this profession was the most important and a life-changing decision because it has opened an altogether new and different realm of life for me; really looking forward to gaining more knowledge and using it for the betterment of society. Being a Psychologist is and will always be the most Prestigious part of my life as well as my Identity.

To all those upcoming and new members in the field of psychology, I would like to tell you that irrespective of what profession you pursue in the future, psychology will always help you in some of the other aspects of life. And that studying social science such as psychology isn't as easy as people think but being curious and critical will always help gain you more.

Thank you for such an interesting topic!!!        

Megha Sarma March 23, 2021 12:39 pm

Choosing psychology as a subject was the best decision for me. I could grow and understand myself. I always wanted to help people. Being a curious person and understanding I always wanted to know why people behaved the way they did or what they actually felt when they were quite. I'm glad I took psychology because I have a understanding of people, their emotions and their behaviour. 

Being a Psychology student, how exactly I felt is quite difficult because everyone around me was quite fascinated and Impressed by my choice to opt for the subject and so was I.
I was happy that I opted for a good subject and I would be learning more about people, emotions, thoughts, mental processes, disorders and their symptoms and whatnot.
Everything that comes under Psychology has always fascinated me, but as said that every coin has two sides so does the subject have.
No doubt it's very interesting but initially, I was worried about the exposure and opportunities as mental health awareness is lacking.

But after the pandemic I believe the entire scenario has turned upside down and mental health awareness raised, people understood stuff related to it.
So this is one of my experience
And talking about where I see myself in coming years so I see myself in an organisation where I'm ready to help and serve people in the best possible way I can.
And helping from my end isn't limited to a particular organisation but is beyond the organisation too.
Helping mainly includes the awareness of mental health, and eliminating the stigmas.

I feel pretty good and proud as a psych major.

It's the subject matter which brings a new understanding and perspective to our views.

OMGGG! Such a good topic to have a forum discussion on... Im loving this.

I'm really grateful to God, my parents amd myself for having taken this decision of pursuing psychology in my life. I can even call it as one of my best decisions I ever probably made, one wise decision of mine. Without any regrets or guilty feelings within me. 

This field has taught me a lot already and this process goes on. Its a wonderful subject to be taken where you study and know about the utmost practical things which you could have ever learned. And this is what I have felt over my past years of learning psychology. 

It gives you another perspective of life, you become more empathetic and understand a whole new perspective. It gives me a sense of joy and helps me enjoy the essence of this life in a better way with lots of gratitude. I would never regret my decision of taking up psychology. And what interests me the most is Clinical Psychology, thats my favourite part and also like forensic and social psychology as well.

A few years from now I would like to see myself as a professional clinical psychologist, helping the special children and others in whatever ways possible. And I hope I achieve my dream and be at my best few years from now. 

And for the budding psychologists, its takes a lot from you to make any decision in life and if you are one among us who took up psychology you have made pne of your best decisions in life I must say!

Enjoy the process of learning and knowing more about yourself and others. Its a great way to indulge in service and to gain lot's of knowledge as well. 

Enjoy the process! And all the very best to all the budding entries....!!! 

Psychology has always intrigued me; why is it the way it is and how do I make it better. My constant worry was, 'how do I make this world a kinder place to live in.' 

I never once regretted my decision of selecting psychology. I do wish I had better guidance in selecting my career and course within psychology. 

With that in mind, here's what you need to know when you step into this career path. (important tips with my experience). 

https://buddingpsychologists.org/community/postid/6171/

5 years later, I see my self still passionate about child psychology, that is, helping children in achieving their milestones to success. My mind is prepared in the fact that this journey will not be easy to navigate, rather, it will be a constant struggle of the highs and lows of my competence, the results and my personal fullfillment . 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Leanne Rebelo

Really! great topic to discuss.

If I wanna say about my self,When I chose psychology as a faculty It was not my choice and because my family suggested it, I chose it and fortunately I succeeded.I had no knowledge of psychology at that time and there was no good view of psychology in the area where I live.Anyway, I continued this field and I am still one of the students in psychology and when I went inside I got things and I start knowing about lots of amazing things and I realized that maybe I could not get anywhere without psychology now I am proud of the decision I made and I am blessed. From the perspective of psychology, it is a very important field for each person, which is helpful not only for himself but also for everyone.If I have to say from my experience, fortunately I have been able to make very positive changes for myself and my family and others with the help of psychology، after every experience I can feel the happiness of helping people and that is beyond of words.

Thank you....

At this time i am in 11th grade and i opted humanities only for studying psychology. When i first saw my father suffering from depression i felt very helpless at that moment, i wanted to help him. Then i decided to pursue pyschology. I started studying about pyschology i stared helping People with there problems if they needed someone to talk with.

After 5 years i see myself as a clinical psychologist and helping people with there disorders. I will must say that if anyone have interest studying psychology go for it. It will not only help you gaining knowledge but also you can help others by awaring them with mental health issues.

Hello,

The world of psychology is amazing. It can also be compared to a rollercoaster. It goes down when we learn about various destructive things for example, Stanford prison experiment. We feel that we shouldn't have studied psychology to witness such bad happenings. But I tell myself that we are learning these things in psychology so that we may not see such things in future. Other great feelings when we study psychology is how human actions in many situations are predictable. And how interesting some researches are. For example, Pavlov's experiment, experiments in positive psychology. 

By studying psychology, I am getting a lot of information about my own self. I can use a lot of concepts of psychology to motivate myself, keep myself mentally healthy, to reduce anxiety levels, and to know the benefits of helping others. I have felt positive while studying psychology. The best thing about this subject is that it is changing continuously and so are the mindsets of people. So there is always a scope for improvement in this subject. People can carry out a number of research to know more and more about humans. One more thing that makes it more interesting is the fact that it is providing us with practical knowledge. Even if anyone who has studied psychology for sometime, will get help by knowing this subject. All these theories are practical in nature and they can keep changing according to the situation of that time.

I would like to say that opting for psychology as a pathway for my career is not a mistake for sure. I was very much interested in studying psychology since the 10th grade and I was sure to pursue psychology. I feel have gained a lot of practical knowledge while studying psychology. I feel that I know people better than I did in the past. Human interaction feels more interesting than it was before. I would suggest everyone to study sociology and philosophy along with psychology to get a proper view of humans. These subjects are very useful in understanding humans to the core. So yes, I can be called as blessed to study psychology.

I am a type of person who loves to understand other people and help them. I think that the field of clinical psychology is best suited for me. Few years down the line, I see myself as a psychologist who helps people. I like the field of clinical psychology because there are a lot of things to research and apply them in real life. It also accompanies therapy. I like the concept of therapy and I am keen to know about it. 

One basic mantra that I can give as a piece of advice is," Vision and hardwork should go hand in hand". This is because many people aspire to be something but they don't really work hard to achieve that goal. This leads to frustration and may eventually lead to depression too. Thus, one should think about the future and work towards it too.

Thank you very much.

To be honest, I never opted for Psychology till I was 18. I completed my 12th in Science stream, but as I completed my 12th I had no idea what I should pursue in my coming years. I never had a plan or goal even before taking up science as my major for junior college. I was uncertain till I got my results for MHT-CET, I got a really good percentile but by the time I got it, I lost interest in all the fields in which I could easily achieve my admission. My family allowed me to do anything I wanted to but the issue was I was not sure of anything. My brother suggested me I should do psychology as one of his friends has achieved her career in the same field. I had a conversation with her and she told me exactly what I needed to hear. I was never acquainted with the subject Psychology but after listening to her I got motivated to do more research on it. After knowing what it exactly is I decided to pursue my career in that field. I wasn't sure how it would be like. Later, after joining my first lecture in my current college. It made me smile like crazy. I was in love with science but I wanted to get rid of mathematics and physics as solving problems was something that I sucked on. It was exactly what I was looking for. 

It had wonderful, backed up with science. some theories which I never heard of. The things which I was taught to be absurd, really started making sense. The human brain and mind were amusing when I first started learning about them. It was a field of my interest. Especially, the fact that I would still be learning a bit of biology, my favorite subject, made me even love it more.

I felt like it was the best option for me. I was blessed to finally set up my goal in such a field. Whenever I see myself in the future, I see that I have completed a satisfactory stage and now my dream is to become the best in this field. I don't regret learning science. I don't regret learning science for 2 years of my life. 

'NEVER EVER REGRET SOMETHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE,' is my favorite quote. 

My favorite quote makes me feel that it was the best decision I made at the turning point of my life. A lot has changed till now. 

1) To start of with, I like the subject. To anyone who is thinking of taking it up, it is much more vast than you think. There is alot to the field, often times you realise it only after you are knee deep into it.

2) There are no regrets on taking up psychology, I knew long ago that this is the only probable career option for me. However, i will say, doubt does creep up in the mind as the years go by. The field of psychology has many sub-specializations, which sometimes, it takes along time to figure out which one fits for you.

So far in the current courses of psychology atleast at the undergraduate level, there isnt enough exposure to the real world of the field. That has to be kept in mind when you think of taking it up.

3) As far as career goes, it is not very easy to set up a career in the field. Just reading it is not enough, so far there is no specific system in the country as to careers. I personally am interested in the clinical part of the subject. In a couple of years if things go well hopefully I will be therapist.

4) My advise to people who are planning on taking it up,

• Decide if you want to take it up because you want to know more about it, or do you want to build a career. 
  • There is alot to the field, which you will realise when you are a couple of years into it. So it is perfectly normal if your views on things are changing, especially when they are career related. It takes time to figure out.
  • The college you do the degree from matters! Please do not take the subject lightly, if you want to build a career. The expsoure you get at the degree level is going to be very important in the future.
  • Look for colleges that give you some experience in reserach. People often dont realize the importance of research experinece till they have finished their undergraduate degree ( a mistake I too made)

I am currently pursuing my masters in psychology from Jain University, Bangalore. Being a psychology student for almost 5 years now, I can definitely say that it has influenced my life in different ways. During my school days I never even once thought that I would be having any interest for psychology as a career. My only goal then was to study hard and score maximum marks. I never explored my interest area. It was during my 12th that I started to like psychology. I started to do my research. It was really hard for me to convince my parents, or rather I can say that they are not yet convinced. But still for me my career was also important. When I said that I wanted to take psychology to my relatives, they made fun of me. There is this ideology that psychology is only for crazy people. Now after being in this field for a while, I really understand the scope of it.

For the one’s wanting to take psychology as a career, I just want to say that go follow your dream. There will be a lot of stones in your way as the stigma about psychology and mental health still exists. But if you are able to cross everything, then it will definitely be worth it!

When I was doing my 9th grade I had decided that I would try to help people and later in my 11th grade I came to know psychology is actually subject that gives me a professional platform to work on and help people , and it is said that if you love your job then you make the best out of it and try to enhance it with your own skills . But then psychology isn't as easy as it seems to be , it's just not talking to people who have mental disorders it's more than that , it's about putting yourself in the shoes of the person who has reached out to seek help from you as a client and you have to act a a therapist as well as a friend but both should be balanced . 

Right now I am also in my 12th class , I also want to opt for psychology but the only thing that keeps me a little refrained from it is that if I didn't get proper training or lacked what a therapist should have then I might cause more danger than good , the job is difficult it's nio easy to manipulate someone into seeing the reality and get out of their own mental disordered world.

People usually think that this specific job is related to depression and anxiety and nothing more which is wrong , there are so many sub categories in these two disorders only and many more individual disorders . 

I would advice that one should actually indulge in organisation like this one to know their potential and abilities that they might have not found out before and research more about psychology and just not to choose it because you have a way with your words when you are around people , there is a difference between talking to people and helping them with mental disorders !! 

Thank you !!

All the best to everyone who so ever going to  choose being a psychologist. 

I have been studying psychology since 11th when I opted for arts after 10th board exams. It was my first experience with a subject that dealt directly with the thinking and behavior of an individual. 

I think everyone should have a chance to experience to psychology as a student whether as a crash course or a full-time psychology student. Because, psychology and theories and concepts present it are something that everyone deals with as some point in their life whether they realise it or not. It can also help us to understand ourselves as well as others better. 

One advice I would give to anyone thinking to pursue psychology, is that keep yourself open to learning new things everyday. It is subject that requires you to listen and learn things with an open mind, so don't restrict yourself. 

Although I am unsure whether I would pursue psychology in the future, I am really happy that I was able to experience the subject for such a long time! 

I am a second year art student majoring in psychology. I took up psychology as a subject after grade 12. I’ve always been intrigued with how the human body and brain functions so I appeared for NEET. In the whole process, it made me realize that I am more inclined towards how the human mind works so I took up psychology after my grade 12.

Even though the general perception of mental health and illnesses has improved over the years, there is yet a lot of stigma around it largely due to our stereotypes, lack of education and awareness. It’s also sad when you look around and realize the number of people struggling to deal with their emotions, who end up dealing with larger issues. This stigma around mental health not only holds back on the number of people seeking for treatments but also on the resources available for treatment. If the signs are noticed and identified at a right timing, it can help you get a control over what you are experiencing and will get you to bounce back to your regular routine with the necessary treatments. Thus it is so important to bring about awareness in this field and reach out to people who need help and I simply cannot wait to have complete knowledge in this domain to bring about this change. My end goal is to become a practitioner doctorate in clinical neuropsychology. I have always been passionate about studying human psychology and doing the best I can to help someone deal with their issues. The reason why I want to pursue this as a career is because it’s really just so rewarding to watch people understand themselves and work towards getting better and it would be so gratifying to just be a part of such huge progress. So I am really grateful to be pursuing this as my career. My vision for this field is to use this opportunity to create mental health awareness through social media where I use my pre-existing knowledge and research skills to share information about psychology, also to provide self-help tools for effective coping through psychotherapy/ treatments and to share my personal views and experiences on the same. I think it is very important that we support each other in this endeavour.

Looking at the question about how I feel about the world of psychology as a subject brings tones of different things in my mind. I remember being in 9th grade when I was introduced to psychology by my senior at school and when I went home I researched about this field thoroughly. I did know that psychology existed as a subject in our school but never gave much thought to it. So that moment was literally a life changing for me. I would read about psychology whenever I was free and it was really fascinating to me. I took psychology as a subject in 11th and 12th grade and honestly I got to learn so many things. Currently I'm persuing my bachelor's degree in psychology and I've realised that psychology is much more than just reading about it on textbooks. I'm very happy and grateful to be a psychology student and on the road to make my dreams come true. 

I always knew I wanted to study psychology and make my career in this field. Hence, I do not consider taking up psychology as a mistake nor I regret anything.

In the next few years I still see myself studying about psychology and building my career in this field. I believe education is the key so I see myself as a psychology professor in the future and it will be a dream come true for me. Also at the same time I want to specialise in clinical psychology. 

Well, I'm still on the journey to learn more about this subject so I don't think I'm in a position to give out advices. I would just like to say that whatever you do in your academic life/career, make sure you are happy with it. Also, there are a lot of fields in psychology, explore and then decide which one is the best for you.

And psychology is not just about reading textbooks, curing mental health issues and so on. It's a journey of life.

Psychology is a very interesting subject and because of this subject it bought me the understanding of different perspectives. If you want to study psychology/opt it as a career, go for it!

No, psychology is one of best thing that ever happened to me because my family was against me choosing this profession but i had an interest in it. I look forward to a lot of new opportunities regarding this field and I have seen, learnt and experienced a lot of them already. Psychology helps you to understand people, it helps you to understand yourself and for me this had been one of the most interesting things to know about ever since I was young. Although I had to face a lot of challenges before entering this field, I feel it's all worth it. I could have never met the people I did, learn things that I know now, experience things that I did and grow however much I have in the recent years if it were not for psychology.

Field of Psychology as a subject is still an infant. There is a lot to be understood, explained, and discovered. But there is room for growth, the resources and many bright minds working on it which makes me hopeful for the field of Psychology and its sub branches. 

I'm an MSc. Clinical Psychology student now and I have not once thought that choosing the field of Psychology was a mistake. I have only felt that it is a blessing since day one. Yes, there has been troubles and unethical practices and many things that need to be worked on. But I'm sure it will be dealt with in time and as for me, it is like an ocean waiting to be explored, conquered and learnt from. Psychology will always be something close to my heart and I'll try to help it be more than what it is now. 

I hope to be a Clinical Psychologist after a few years by completing my MPhil. in Clinical Psychology. I hope to be there for others who seek guidance in life, do research and if possible, teach others who wish to walk this path, a golden path indeed. 

There is no mantras other than the generic ones like work hard, make it your passion, make it a lifestyle and so on. The thing that comes to my mind, however, is to be compassionate and show a sense of love, to every single human. The worst criminals, the most inhuman ones, the people who are tagged as unlovable by the society, learn to have a universal sense of acceptance towards everyone. It is possible and probably the best way to go ahead as a psychologist in the ethical sense. 

Refer to my previous post here, if you're a beginner interested in the field of Psychology. Good luck! 

When I first decided to opt for psychology as a subject, there was no real reason. I just wanted to learn more about it cause it sounded interesting.

I remember how desperate I sounded when I asked my parents that I wanted it in grade 11. By passing days , every single myth I heard about it turned out to be irrelevant lie. I started questioning the opinions of people and psychology as a subject started blooming for me. Never once have I regretted it. As a matter of fact I started liking it so much that I decided it as my career option. It really was one of the best decisions I have ever taken. I guess more and more students should start considering its importance and opt for it. It is not just intresting but also the need of the hour. One can help a hundred people with simple psychology knowledge.

Psychology as a subject always had my eye and my attention. I still remember how the field of criminal psychology pulled me towards it like gravity when I read a book named- Demons in my mind by Ashish Gupta and The Silent Patient. I wanted to make a difference.

Are criminals born or made? The question stays persistent and I am on a journey to find out. I guess I always liked to listen. To listen to people, their stories and I always made sure to walk in their shoes at least for a brief amount of time so that I know how the world truly is. Seeing and perceiving are totally different things and psychology helps us identify the thin line between them. 

Human mind and emotions are complex. A tiny organ contains millions of neurons which control and regulate our emotions and all the amalgamations of the processes and chemicals make us think and make us who we are right now. All of these fascinates me so much that I chose a path which will answer my questions of psychology and philosophy and unravel human mind and emotions.

As a fellow psychology major student, I would urge to people to take up psychology. This promising subject will make you perceive world in a way you could've never imagined.

Psychology is more that what people perceive it to be, it is beyond the understanding of just black and white. Very intriguing and interesting question. 

Psychology was first introduced to me when i was in school and it was those 2 years of learning that made me understand how the world around us works, I found it very amazing how an individuals behavior can be influenced due to nature and nurture. The concept of learning , memory, behavior , etc everything! was very fun and interesting to study about. I till date enjoy learning and understanding psychology. I would call this an accidental blessing. i never regret choosing psychology over math! i still learn and enjoy working on this field.

:p

As i am very interested in research field of psychological aspect, i definitely would be studying and performing some research to help individuals with nero-developmental disorders and make an inclusive society, bias free , Hopefully! and possibly await what life holds for me. Enjoying the moment right now.

there is no basic mantra for psychology, its like a vast pool of ideas, insights, perspectives and everything. Only thing i would suggest is go with the flow, believe in the process of learning , everything will fall into its place! chose your place of expertise in this field and work on it, its what will make you excel it.

First of all, no, it is not a mistake. I will never consider diving into this field a mistake. The beautiful thing about psychology is that it allows for introspection. It shows you what you are doing right and what you can do better. 

I think psychology has a perfect spot at the intersection of science and philosophy. It is a study of intangible, often abstract concepts, with roots in philosophy, rationalised by scientific backing, perfected through statistical methods and confirmed by advanced imaging techniques. It, step-by-step, tells you why you think the way you do. It may not always give you the answer, and often, the answer is not generalisable (Hear me, Freud? No theories based on case studies is going far), but it always, always makes you think. And I love that it gives you a way to analyse yourself. 

Being an undergraduate student of psychology, I'm not sure what sub-field I'll focus on. But being an observant and sensitive person, the counselling and therapy side interests me most. 

For those on the fence about taking psychology, I have only one advice - Take the chance now!!! But seriously, I don't think you will regret it. If you're not sure of taking my advice, look for books or short term courses on the subject. There are also YouTube channels that can give you an idea about the field. If even a little appeals to you, I think it's worth it. 

I know this because I was introduced to psychology by Agatha Christie, the crime novelist. I read the word psychology from the mouth of the famous but sadly fictional Belgian detective, Hercule Poirot. He spoke of how a little observation and thinking can help you understand what people mean when they say things, what their little actions expose, and how words can indicate hidden motives. Whether true entirely or not, it kindled my interest, and I am proud to say I am surprised every day by what I learn in this field. 

The basic mantra for psychology, I feel, is "keep an open mind." 

As a student, you will hear Sigmund Freud say something, B.F. Skinner vehemently reject it, and then Carl Rodgers come up with a theory that seems too much like a fantasy. You may not agree with them, but you will understand what you think about the concept. 

As a therapist or counsellor or any professional of psychology, for that matter, you will have to be non-judgemental to anything your client or patient tells you. You are only a facilitator, taking in what they say and enabling them to find a solution by asking the right questions. 

In the field of people, there are no constants, so I can't promise your experience will be the same or even similar to mine. But what I will say is that it is worth the trouble to find out about the "psyche". If nothing, at least you'll learn fancy jargons and can sound more like Sherlock Holmes. 

Initially I was very confused as to what I was going to do in life, as in what career am I going to choose. One day I wanted to be a an interior designer the next day I wanted to work in media. But it was in the 10th grade I think I decided that I want to study psychology. I dont really remember how I got to making this decision, but I can say with confidenece that , it was the best decision I ever made. I think initially I wanted to study psychology because I found and still find it extrememly fasciniating. But evetually when my knowledge about the subject got deeper and deeper, and became aware of the concept of mental health , my main purpose became to help people deal with their mental health issues. There is so much to learn when it comes to psychology as it is an evolving subject and I truly feel that everybody regardless of your career choice should read about psychology at least once in your life. Yes there were moments of doubt when I thoght maybe this isn't for me, its too difficult when it came to studying and passing exams. But then the thought of why I had chosen the subject in the first place kept me going. 

As to where do I see myself few years down the line , I am not sure. Right now I'm not even sure if I want to become a counselor or choose some other path in psychology. But that's the beauty of this subject, there is so much you can do and there are so many avenues for you to choose from. 

But if I have to give advice to future aspiring psychologists its that you will not regret taking up psychology, you will enjoy it thoroughly it , cause there's never a dull moment when it comes to psychology.

Ever since I made the decision of taking up Psychology, there hasn't been a single moment of looking back or regret. I am absolutely confident, excited, and interested in my career path. Psychology is a beautiful subject. There's so much to it that it's an entire world in itself. It has given me a lot of understanding about myself. It has made me realize the importance of sitting alone with my thoughts and recognizing my feelings. When I see my seniors or my superiors, the only thought that occurs is that I cannot wait to be in that place one day! 

Psychology as a career gives you the power of helping someone. The power of making someone feel better. The power of making someone okay, even though it's a huge responsibility! We psychologists are extremely altruistic and our concern for others exceeds our concern for ourselves. If there's anything, we should all be proud of ourselves! Psychology is also an upcoming field and it needs more of us.

A simple piece of advice then would be to just try and work your hardest. Keep an open mind and all you will attract all the right opportunities! Psychology isn't about your IQ or how smart you are. It's about understanding others emotions and being empathetic. So if you're one who puts others needs first and want to help out others, then this is the right career path for you!

Psychology wasn't my first choice. I have had many detours, tried to figure out what I wanted to with my life. Along the way, I realized, how my anorexia and my personal internal conflicts impacted the way I lived and experienced life. I understood the importance of mental illness and how best to meaningfully deal with it. My journey, my mistakes and failures introduced me to this beautful subject. Understanding how my mind works, how my thinking determines my choices and who I am and who I become; enabled me to pursue Psychology.

Studying it in theory and practically being able to witness it is a different experinece altogether. I want to change the lens with which one sees life through because end of the end, everything that plays out is in the head. Perception is everything and how one chooses to percieve themselves, others and the situations that the are in will help enable them to choose to respond wisely. This understanding of the mind and behaviour is going give me the tools to help alter one's perception as it helped me in order to live a better and comfortably stable life with the right mindset. 

In a few years I see myself writing a book and becoming the enabler and the listener to many at work places and schools., helping them harness their potential and enbaling them to live and exceed by excelling in all of their endeavours. 

I stongly believe in "Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you make out of it," it truly is upto you to decide how you view and experience what you are experiencing. "Nothing is really good or bad, thinking makes it so", in the very words of Shakespeare, I believe you can choose to bellieve whatever it is that you want to and it either makes or breaks you. So choose to believe in the good, positive and optimistic beliefs that has the potential to change your lives and the way in which you experience it. 

Psychology; the study of mind and behavior. A study of endless possibilities and discoveries. Its like a mystery box opening up and leading you to a way to discover yourself. From the very basic concepts of our life to study of our dreams, mindset any many more. It was once said by someone that their is still much more unread in the world than the things we have read. For me it is a study, a journey to discover myself. A study to know myself and the people around me better. A better understanding of everything about life. Psychology came to me as a subject pretty intriguing to me, in the midst of the lockdown;when everything was down it pulled me up. I still won't say that I know myself or the  people around me and the people around me or my acquaintances better. 

Once Carl Jung said; "Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people." 

Psychology lead me to Philosophy which are so correlated that studying both helps me keeps grounded. I don't know where it will lead me but I guess we never know what happens.

Psychology as a subject is very enlightening for me. Its tremendous relationship and close bonding with everyday stuff was what caught my eyes at first. As a student I really wanted to help people after growing up, so why not choose a subject which is related to helping people? When I was in 9th standard I heard about psychology from my seniors. It sounded very interesting so I did some research about it, and my interest grew more. After passing my 10th examination I chose arts as my stream which included subjects like psychology, sociology, etc. At first I felt I am not studying what I wanted to and then I came to know that like any other sciences be it physics or chemistry, we need to learn the theories and history of the subject before moving on to the practical. And when I truly started to focus and understand the subject matter, I was really happy about my decision which I took at my own risk. As I belong from a middle-class Indian family I was asked to take up science, also my father is an engineer and my sister is studying engineering. But I resisted them and said what I wanted to study. People are still unaware of psychology as a proper subject to study. At last they agreed but I was scared I would let myself down and I had to prove them I was not wrong by choosing what I like. The more I studied about it the more relatable and interesting it was for me. Two years later I did prove myself by scoring good marks in my 12th final examinations.  In those two years I learned about myself, learned to love myself most importantly. Life changed for me to be honest I was living my life more openly. My intrapersonal and interpersonal relationships became better.  For instance, I am now better at understanding why one reacted the way they did and I am still learning new things.

Being a student of B.A. Psychology I feel I have a lot of opportunities for my career. Psychology is a social science, it is scientific and it is about people. Psychology has a lot of myths and it is important for us to let people know things which are not true. Many people think that psychology is all about dealing with mentally ill people, well it is a part of psychology which is treated by psychiatrists but certainly it is not the only subject matter, we have various other fields of psychology like developmental psychology, clinical psychology, sports psychology, etc. Similarly some people believe that psychologists do mind reading and stuff, but actually we try to find the mental processes involved by studying behavior. Like wise I thought psychologists can read handwriting and tell people about there personality and I was really excited for it but it turns out that it is a pseudo science!

I want to study counseling psychology and it is a difficult job to deal with so many people with their different issues along with the problem of trust, it is very important for the patient to trust the therapist and share the problem as it is to remain completely confidential. More over people are not encouraged enough to visit a counselor as again there is stigma around it. But I believe the future of counseling and psychology as a whole has a bright future given the increasing amount of awareness about mental health.

As a mantra I would say that do what you love, it is important to love your work. Find time for your hobbies and spend time with yourself, dance in the middle of the night if you feel like, talk to people you trust. It is so important to love yourself before you love anyone else, embrace who you are. Take care and check upon yourself. Give time to things because grass is always greener on the other side. So you do not have to compete, just do your best. Good luck!

To be honest, my interest in psychology had waned by the time I was in S.Y.B.A. I had decided that I wanted to be a psychologist but was scared to tell my parents that my interest shifted to literature. My parents would have been immensely supportive had I had changed my field, but I did not as I took it as an ego issue. I did my major in psychology even though my grades have not been up to mark.Now that I look back, there is a slight regret about my decision. But if I look at the bigger picture, the subject has taught me a lot. A compassionate and non-judgmental attitude for one example. And yes, I still use my 3rd year textbooks for the articles I write 🤣 . And I now incorporate my psychology background with flair of language to make the best of both worlds. So, come to think of it, not much of a loss.

To be very honest i didn't decide to take up psychology . I wanted to be a neurosurgeon , nd due to some mishaps my parents select it for me . I don't regret but still I know I have to struggle more to make a position in this field . And Psychology make so many positive changes in me . so I'm glad that I got introduced to this subject. After few years I would love to gain more insight and experience in the field of Psychology , and also I'm sure I will be a better version of myself too. I'm more interested in cognitive science so don't really know where will I be .. hardwork is very important , you can give your best only if you fallen love and feels connection with the work you're doing , so follow your dreams.

Until 12th grade I’d never thought that I would want to  pursue a career in psychology. In 11th I opted psychology simply because I didn’t want to study math and also because I was a little curious and fascinated about learning how people think, the human mind and all that stuff but later on I realised that there’s more to this subject.  Opting psychology was probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made because it made me better as an individual . I noticed that I started being more understanding, empathetic and less judgmental.

Psychology is an amazing subject but I feel in India psychology is still in its early stages and there’s not much progress. I had this realisation in my first year of college where I kinda lost my interest in this subject mainly because of my professors. I think I had this different version  in my mind  of what my professors would be like in college and they turned out to be the complete opposite of it. Many people still don’t know what exactly this subject is and that you could even pursue a career in it, it’s still new to people.  People have this misconception  that psychology is very limited as a subject but according to me there’s so many things that you could learn and explore as a psychology student if you have the interest to dig in a little deeper. Not everyone who studies psychology is a counsellor, one can work in HR, become a researcher and and there are so many subfields of psychology. I just feel that this subject should get the recognition it deserves. If you really has an interest in this subject then you’d literally enjoy studying this subject. Most people go to abroad to study psychology because of the fact that  in India there’s not much scope which I agree is true. It’s even hard to find internships because of the limited opportunities. Most of the times you have to pay them to do an  internship and not the other way round which is as crazy as it sounds. But despite all this, I don’t regret deciding to pursue a career in psychology.Psychology is a beautiful subject and I just wish that people were as informed about this field as they are about other career options.

My advice, put yourself out there and just explore as many things as you possibly can.

Opting for psychology was one of the biggest blessings of my life that I happened to stumble upon. I have always been fascinated with the workings and complexities of the human brain, often pondering over questions like "what made them act in that particular manner?" or "what are the points of commonalities that bind all humans together despite all of our differences?" Psychology allowed me to not only find the answers to my questions but also back them up with scientific evidence. It helped me understand myself and the world around me better. In the future I see myself utilizing my new-found knowledge to create change and make a difference in the world. In this way, I hope to make the world a safer, kinder, and more empathetic place to stay in. In this chaotic rat race of the 21st century, it is very easy to get demotivated and doubt one's abilities. I believe nobody will believe in us if we don't even believe in ourselves. Therefore we owe it to ourselves to have complete and utmost faith in ourselves and strive hard towards our goals and ambitions. 

In my opinion, psychology is an amazing career and also the need of the hour nowadays. I am myself a vet student and really want to work towards combing the two. People may have heard about animal-assisted therapies it is one form in which animals and human psychology can interact with one another.

Psychology can really help one to explore not just himself but a lot of other things. You really get to know a lot about the functioning of the human brain, the emotions of people, and much more. I am not directly linked with psychology but every person in one way or another is liked to it and it plays a key role in today's life.

I would sum up by saying psychology is the key to all the hidden closed doors that one can explore and it's a beginning of a beautiful journey ahead.

I m not a psychology student, but I love to study people's mind. I find this subject very interesting. As I m from pharmacy background studying the differences in human mind and behavior helps me to understand the way of treatment to be given for an individual to achieve the required therapeutic outcomes. Psychology plays as important role in treating patients and it is a part of medical career. A treatment only works when a patient understands its importance and accepts it whole heartedly. To achieve it Psychology helps alot. Opting psychology as career is very interesting and also it is the need of the hour. A good and peaceful world can be made by psychologists. I don't know what to advise since i m not in the field of psychology, but i m sure that if you love a work and do it with dedication you will achieve a great success in life

When I was younger, I would often hear my parents discuss Freud and Jung and throw around words like Irma's injection or Oedipus and anima. As a kid, I wouldn't understand what those words meant, I wouldn't even be able to reach the fat black books authored by psychologists at the top of my father's bookshelf. I still remember I would tiptoe to reach one of those heavy books. 'The Interpretation of Dreams' : I wondered what that would deal with. As I grew up, my father taught me new things everyday that piqued my interest. In the eleventh grade, I chose psychology as a subject of interest. When my teacher taught theories and idea to me as a part of my curriculum, I fell in love with the subject. I loved how it was a branch of science and yet so subjective, I loved how it was close ended and yet beautifully open to interpretations. I appreciated how it had successfully mingled with all other subjects bio science as well as social sciences and literature. I was in awe of it's complexity and intricacies, I was fascinated by how dynamic the subject had been. When I graduated high school and it was time to choose our majors for bachelors, I had no questions in my heart. I knew what I wanted. The subject I love, the subject which should be taught to everyone residing in India. The amount of attention that mental health needs today. I wanted to help people realize the essence of mental health in the true sense of the term. I am very proud of the work our generation and peers are doing towards mental health and its development throughout the country. I wish to take this legacy forward and make people realise how mental health is at par with physical health, how it is nothing to be embarrassed of, how it is not a taboo anymore, how is it required to come forward and talk about the way they're feeling. However, my parents who were the pioneers of my passion objected to my choice of career. They wanted me to study Economics in one of the top institutions of my city. I got in, but I didn't want to pursue economics. I fought back, I read up on the prospects of a career in psychology and tried to tell them how important mental health is. Today I'm doing a bachelors in Science in Psychology and I couldn't be more happy and satisfied. It wasn't a mistake, but the greatest decision of my life. Need I say, I'm falling head over heels in love every single day of exploring the subject. 

Discovering the subject of psychology was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I was obsessed with the subject since then - for me, psychology was a subject that had an answer to everything, it helped people realize that they aren't alone, that the things they think or what they do aren't because of a personality flaw or because they're "abnormal", it was human; it was something which helped people and helped understand people. I've wanted to become a clinical psychologist for a long time - it's a passion of mine and choosing psychology in my 11th grade was one of the proudest decisions I had made.

There are many, many misconceptions surrounding psychology, and they keep frustrating me because people refuse to let go of their ignorance - in my opinion, psychology should be as mandatory a subject as English or math, or basic science. We learn about physical health issues since our childhood - actually, it's compulsory that we do and schools teach so, but people only learn about mental health issues if they choose to, and I don't think that's right or fair. It should be a part of our general subjects and should be taught to children for a young age.

I think that the more psychology becomes widespread and popular, the better the world will be. 

Psychology as a career whole journey of self-discovery and growth. I've got a new perspective to life, myself, my surroundings and it's a beautiful thing to experience. Feeling things transform and change within me as I pass the years of my psychology education, is a delight. It gets tough sometimes, as no road to success or goals is smooth, but I'd say it's worth it. Having always been fascinated about humans, I'm so glad to be able to study psychology. I remember always being filled with inquisitive questions about people, why they are the way they are and why they behave in certain ways. There's a plethora of situations and personalities that interact to produce the being of a person and getting to understand that better is an eye opening experience! 

For anyone who's even slightly interested in the subject, just go ahead and pick a psychology book. You'll be sure to find some intriguing concept or topic that'll grab your attention. It's a subject that I personally feel has something for everyone. 

Being able to make this as a part of my career is a great opportunity to work closely with people to help them reach their fullest potential, work through obstacles and live a fulfilling life. 🌻 

I am a Sociology student. I did want to take up Clinical Psychology as a career but didn't get the chance to. I don't have much regrets though because Sociology is closely related to Psychology. Psychology studies the individual whereas Sociology studies the society of which the individual is a part. The interdependency between the two disciplines and their focus of study is quite interesting. Therefore, as an aspiring social scientist, i believe that in order to study the discipline, we have to keep our unconscious biasness in control. Otherwise, we will not be able to delve deep into the factors which affect the functioning of the society and the people in the society. 

Though I am from a computer science background I've been almost always fascinated by psychology and its related concepts. I agree that psychology is an amazing career and also a required field for the upcoming years. Taking psychology as a career is amazing, as you would get to continuously learn about something that would never stop to amaze you and you would be also able to help people in many ways. Though I do not know the experience of psychology as a career, from what I have seen in some of the psychology students and a few professionals, I can say that, if it is your dream to walk down that path, then it lead you across many crossroads to a happy career life.

Share: