NOT ALL THOSE WHO W...

Notifications
Clear all

NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST- The journey of my passion

40 Posts
39 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter

Good day to all out there. From my childhood I always loved to learn and get to know many things. My hunger to know about different things never stopped and hope it never does. As all of us would have had many aims which we may alter at different stages of life, the same way I to had many, from an IAS to a teacher, a doctor and finally I have recently but fixed it steady that I want to become a psychologist.

Let me take you all through why I landed up here. After the last day of my 10th boards came our corona lockdown. I Spent many days without knowing what to do? One thing I love was to talk to myself, a talk with my inner soul. Days passed, I started asking myself a few questions which most of us may do “who exactly I am?”, “what is the purpose of my life?”, “how can I serve my fellow people in the best way I could?”, “what am I to become?” and many more… NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST …these words gave me a hit always. All I wanted was to serve people in the best way I could, and to spread happiness and positivity. It was at this time I came across the word PSYCHOLOGIST. This word did some magic to my inner self, I started searching about it for many days….slowly my heart and mind fell for it because this was the work I exactly wanted to do since the day I knew myself and the world around me the only thing I missed to know was the name given to my passion.

I approached my parents with this idea and surprisingly they were not much aware of this field as many of us today. Knowing that the need of the hour thing has still not blossomed completely  in our country, now as a student of class 11 I’m here at “buddingpsychologists” to explore this field and more importantly spread awareness and positivity as much as possible.

Thank you.

Diya Rao Jaini December 12, 2020 10:09 pm

@skeerthana This was really fun to read. I have a similar story as well so it was really relatable!

Vanshika Nagda December 12, 2020 10:12 pm

@skeerthana This is so relatable! you've got a long way to go. All the very best 🙂

R.Aishwarya December 12, 2020 10:24 pm

@skeerthana

Glad you have started with what you want to do in future. This platform is definitely going to help you tons in figuring out what you know,the best.

All the best to you!

Femitha Rachel Ebby December 12, 2020 10:26 pm

@skeerthana Hey Keerthana, loved reading this hopeful piece written by you. It is great to see many young people coming into the field of Psychology to spread awareness and to simply practice compassion towards human beings in whatever ways possible. This shows real determination from your part. After reading your account, I just felt like making a small suggestion which you may find interesting. In my first semester of Masters, I learnt about the Existential school of Therapy. Personally, it was a bit difficult for me to relate to the concept, but after reading about the questions you asked yourself during a particular phase in your life, I couldn't help but wondering whether you'd find interest in this field.

If you wish to read up on this at any point, do so and do tell me if you liked it/ what you thought of it? I would absolutely love to know your take on the subject.

All the best, Keerthana. Keep shining and I hope you find peace and more opportunities for learning in this field you've chosen. 

S KEERTHANA Topic starter December 12, 2020 10:35 pm

Many thanks Femitha for such a lovely comments and sharing me about existential school of therapy...I'm not aware about it still ,sure I will browse through. so sweet of you , thanks for taking time to give this note...means a lot 😍 🤗 

Jiniya Chakraborty December 12, 2020 10:39 pm

@skeerthana I hope your wish to become a mental health professional comes true and you are successful in helping others and yourself for a better world. Our community is gradually growing so don't worry at all. We are all here to help.😊

Diksha Tarnekar December 12, 2020 10:42 pm

@skeerthana you will inspire many people ahead. All the best

Prerna Dash December 12, 2020 11:48 pm

@skeerthana it's great to see that you've started early. You'll definitely excel in your career and keep learning. Best of luck for your future.

Karisma December 13, 2020 12:16 am

@skeerthana we ourselves our the best person to ask for advice. The fact that you took time and had a conversation with your most inner self is great. Others see what we show them and sometimes what they want to see, but as self we know us better than anyone. So it's great to see that you were able to connect with yourself at the right time and choose something that'll you really want to do. Hope you the best!!

Aanandi khanna December 13, 2020 12:18 am

@skeerthana great story and relatable

Aashima Kathpalia December 13, 2020 12:33 am

@skeerthana something relatable to me , this is what I felt during my schooling but gradually things are settling down and hopefully people will understand at their hour of need the importance of psychology and the counsellors !! much love to you .. keep growing bud 🌺 🌺 🌺

Harshini December 13, 2020 12:35 am

@skeerthana so relatable 💯 Being a student of class 12 i can actually understand your feelings completely ♥️ your title led me to read your article. Loved it!!

Shruti Shashidharan December 13, 2020 1:41 pm

@skeerthana Hey, your experience is very enlightening. It's great that you take time for self-talk which is so important but a lot of us don't do. Glad you've figured out your path for now. Wishing you well and best of luck for your future!

Sneha Agrawal December 13, 2020 1:48 pm

Way to go friend.The idea of becoming a psychologist came  you in an insight but yet again like everywhere else there's a lot to explore and wonder about the field of PSYCHOLOGY.Hope this journey of yours is as fulfilling as u hope it to be.Loved ur hunger for knowledge trait,may u hold on to that trait,and evolve into a better person in the coming days.👍❣❣

Iarisa Nongbet December 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Tanisha Ajmani December 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Loved the way you have written you experience. Atb for future!

Aparna Jayachandran December 13, 2020 8:03 pm

Hey, happy to see how much pleasure taking up psychology has given you. And you mentioned it correctly, this subject is the need of the hour and the more people know about it, the more they are going to be benefited with it.

Azha Amina Akbar December 13, 2020 8:06 pm

A quote came to my mind as I was reading your writings. "Learning never exhausts the mind". Well written, Keerthana!

Kirtika Tiwari December 13, 2020 9:13 pm

So happy that you chose to do what you are passionate about. All the best sweetheart. Keep shining.

Yuvanue chauhan December 13, 2020 9:41 pm

@R.Aishwarya hope your curiousity to learn new things never ends as this sky or universe or .......i also dont know yet what is and how many species lies under the ocean. 

Pooja Choudhary December 13, 2020 11:51 pm

@skeerthana Way to go girl! We support you! 🙂

Akshita Wasnik December 13, 2020 11:59 pm

Really happy to have you as a part of budding psychologists, good luck ahead.

Tanisha Jain December 14, 2020 2:12 am

It is truly amazing that you are thinking about such deeply philosophical questions at your young age. I hope you can find some answers through psychology and that your journey with the field is a long and enriching one. 

Never let your inquisitiveness die because that is what will help you to keep learning and growing! 

Preethama December 14, 2020 2:20 am

hey congratulations on the head start in the field. NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST- it just hit me now. im glad i came across your story. all the best ahead.

Manasi Bhosale December 14, 2020 2:21 am

Glad you are pursuing what you like. Best wishes!

Dhriti Chadha December 14, 2020 7:03 am

Psychology has a lot of scope. We as Indians, and our older generations aren’t fully aware of this segment yet, but with us as the youth, I’m sure we can all together spread awareness about mental health.

14 Answers

Tats amazing! Long way girl to go!❤️

Ahh great journey! 

That's how life takes us to the paths we never really thought of. It's just unpredictable. What actually matters is that you're happy and satisfied with your decision. Keep going☺️🌟

This title is a real catch. As I can guess from your article ,you're a 16 year old and what you've written is too rare to come in such age. I love the way you think. It's great that you've introspected in such an early age. You'll do wonders in your life. Stay blessed!!

Your expression is beautiful , I’m in love with the opening statement: not all those who wander are lost ! It’s really relatable and a story worth reading ! Wish you luck and success

Good to hear about your passion towards serving humanity and also, how motivated you are towards it. Hope this field inspires you even more and luck for all your future endeavors 😊

I was intrigued by ur perspective about this field. Once the touch of psychology hits u, its impossible to erase it off u. I hope u flourish in this field. Lets work together on spreading mental health awareness, a much needed task💫

Long journey my girl. keep on going

I've read so many posts now that I think we really dont know what life is. We plan for one thing but get another. Your view on psychology is 👍🏼. I hope you excel.

I've read so many posts now that I think we really dont know what life is. We plan for one thing but get another. Your view on psychology is 👍🏼. I hope you excel.

I totally agree with you not all who wander are lost in life. I have also seen live example that while wandering they found there passion.

Trust me psychology is a great field and I am glad that you have decided to pursue it. At such an age to try to explore oneself and others is commendable and it would be great to have someone like you as a future psychologist.💕

It's good you found your calling at just the right time! I hope your love for Psychology grows immensely through your 11th and 12th. Welcome!

All the best for your future.  

Caption is really cool. Hope u have a great future. Do whatever u love keep going. All the best dear😊

I love the title, it seems really fit for me who always are undecided and always have trouble at the crossroads. Your passion seems really guided you. Thank you for sharing this. It was touching.

Share: