My journey into hum...

Notifications
Clear all

My journey into humanities

4 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

I was from a normal school, a girl who was known mostly because of her strikingly contrast report card. Always the 'A' s in subjects like english, history, geography, hindi and C and Ds in others. It was clear to me that Humanities was the right path for me but I didn't know how difficult the path to Humaities was going to be. In my city, a total of 3 schools offered humanities and I belonged to neither. You thought I still had three options right? Out of those, only one offered Psychology and other subjects suited for Humanities, the rest offered Maths in Humanities and that's what I had been avoiding in the first place. Yet, I thought I can do this, I signed up for all. The one with psychology was the most prestigious of all and naturally I had been aiming for it. Little did I forsee all the fingers that were going to be pointed at me for being the first person in my house to take up Arts, for being the first person in our batch to take up Arts and for being the only person on my side. The next few months was hell, mentally, I broke up, faltered, tried not to care and then it came down one day after my uncle told me that Arts has no future and money on the day of my Physics board exams. I broke down, messed up my paper, got a panic attack for the first time in my life and cried like a baby in front of my father. He assured me and supported me, the only sun in my dark life. After all this, I got into all the schools I signed up for and chose the one with Psychology and here I am , on my way to select it as undergrad major in college as well.

Gourinanda T S December 14, 2020 1:09 am

It's a wonderful experience which you have shared with us. Thanks for sharing my friend. 

3 Answers

Hey!!!!

This was something which i also went through when i decided to go for humanities, but trust me you will love your journey more because this is your decision not somebody else. Good luck!!!!!!!

I'm glad you got into the school you were aiming for. I'm sure you'll prove everybody wrong and have a bright future. All the best! 🙂

Wonderful experience which you have shared   all the best for your future. 

Share: