Notifications
Clear all

My experience

30 Posts
31 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter

Since I am currently in 11th grade, I don't have any field of specialization as such. However, out of all the subjects I study, I am most interested in psychology and sociology. I have not had as many experiences with the latter, but the subject matter really fascinates me. I am currently reading the works of Karl Marx, an eminent economist whose theories have greatly influenced and helped develop the field of sociology. However, I have had greater experience with psychology. I have attended several workshops and internships, which have made me realise that it is more than just the study of the mind. Psychology is the study of mental processes, behaviours and experiences. Learning and studying more about it has helped me understand why humans act the way we do, and that is something I have found very interesting. 

Hope this helped!

RIYA/RIRI December 12, 2020 1:51 pm

@diyajaini Hi! Yes that is correct. Psychology is indeed more than just study of mind. It is a broad subject with vast possibilities and experiences. Psychology is interesting in so many aspects. (: so glad to learn from your experience.

Shruti Shashidharan December 12, 2020 1:56 pm

@diyajaini Hi! I'm glad to know that you've developed an interest in psychology and hope that you pursue a career in it because we are in dire need of more mental health practitioners in our country. And as rightly said, psychology is a lot more than studying the mind. It's about all human cognitions. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Sreejita Sarkar December 12, 2020 2:02 pm

@diyajaini Your experience doesn't lie in your career conquests, but in the ways you deal with your life on a regular basis. Your interest as a student of Psychology and your in-depth knowledge about the subject, as well as other social sciences is admirable. I hope you grow up to be everything you desire presently.

Gurleen Kaur December 12, 2020 2:19 pm

@diyajaini heyy,

it’s pretty amazing that you are going out of your way to learn more about psychology and sociology by internships or workshops and learning not just from books. I wish you all the best!!

kshithi December 12, 2020 2:20 pm

@diyajaini you're right psychology is more than just the study of the mind. India needs more people like you! hope you pursue a career in psychology! have a great day!

Ilhaam Shaik December 12, 2020 2:26 pm

@diyajaini I'm glad to know that you've developed an interest in psychology and hope you keep doing well!

Faiza Naved December 12, 2020 2:35 pm

@diyajaini Hey, I think its amazing that you are so active in the field since a very young age, I hope that we all are able to make this world a safe space for everyone. Keep up the good work, wishing you all the very best for your future endevaours. 🙂

OMKAR KATE December 12, 2020 2:46 pm

@diyajaini

Hello,

Your knowledge about the field of psychology is correct. It's really good to see that you have attended so many workshops and internships. I like both the fields of psychology and sociology as it helps us to get a overall view of human. All the best for your future. I really liked your experience.

Sajjithra Subbian December 12, 2020 3:35 pm

@diyajaini That was cool thank you for sharing

Kirti manaktala December 12, 2020 3:49 pm

@diyajaini its great to see how you are so engaged in sociology and psychology. Its important to gauge our interests. Its not just aptitude or intelligence that makes a person excel interest is also important. Its commendable how you are working towards your interest through internships and workshops. 

I wish you a lot of luck. 

Stay safe and take care. 

Amrita Jain December 12, 2020 8:05 pm

@diyajaini good to know that you are interested in the fields like psychology you can surely go and become social psychologist and have great career opportunities their and both of your interests fits perfectly their.

Shraddha S. Kambli December 12, 2020 8:34 pm

@diyajaini hey! Thanks for sharing this. You'll surely figure out your field of interest. Good luck for that❤👍

Parishree Pandya December 12, 2020 8:47 pm

@diyajaini hi Diya. Psychology with sociology is one of the best combinations for an interest in my opinion. Keep reading related stuff and I'm sure you'll easily surpass others when you go to college.

Mrunmayee Kulkarni December 12, 2020 8:58 pm

@diyajaini mental health has always been a neglected issue atleast in our country . Its good that you have decided to show interest in this as it may help others and you as well because mental health is not just about a disorder but also about being happy with what state you are in.

Divya Chopade December 12, 2020 10:50 pm

@diyajaini

It was great reading your journey. M glad that you appreciate & make use of your inclination towards Psychology. Keep helping , keep enlightening us with your work.

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 3:12 pm

Karl Marx? I will sure check him

Thank you sk much for writing and sharing Diya. One of the best things about reading someone's experience is that they open up new gaps for you to search and learn from. 

Kudos to you!

14 Answers

@diyajaini Hello Diya! Glad to hear about you. Psychology is a very young science which still needs a ton of exploration. You're doing a great job by incorporating sociology with psychology. Do read as much as you can, philosophy, literature, all these that provoke thought and help you broaden your views can eventually help you be a better psychologist as well as contribute more to the field. You can use pretty much any stream and make it work with psychology, that's the beauty of this field. Where there are humans or thoughts involved, there will be psychology. Keep learning, keep exploring, the sky shouldn't be the limit, go above and beyond. 😇

I absolutely agree to psychology being the most interesting subject, it gives you an insight to people's behaviours and all the theories provide different perspectives to a situation. Thank you for sharing your experience:)

It is indeed a very interesting subject and thank you for sharing your interest in the same.

Hey!! Glad to know u r interested in both subjects and have knowledge about the same in early stage of ur studies. Hope u achieve whatever u wish for.

Hii so nice to hear that you are interested in psychology from an early age, just be focussed on your goal and do what you love. Wish you success and happiness.

Yess! Definitely, psychology is really intriguing. Once u discover a little bit about it, u can never stop studying and exploring more. So good to know about your experience! Wishing u a very well future!💫

Hello! Good to hear that you enjoy this subject. Psychology is truly intriguing and what makes me it like it even more is that it helps you learn so much about yourself as an individual and at the same time helps you become a better person by helping develop qualities like empathy, kindness and passion. Luck to you for figuring out where your interest lies truly and hoping to see amazing contributions from you in this field some day

Hey,

You know it's amazing that you sre exploring such wider range of subjects and also both are interlinked in many ways because psychology needs sociology in every sense and so do sociology needs psychology and you can go for any and if still you sre confused you cna apply for an aptitude test and then consultant for guidance counseling for getting a better view. I wish you for the best.

Keep going.

Take care!! 🤗

Hope uh pursue ur passion nd explore much more in lyf buddy. 

Keep Growing 🌻

Its really helpful 

Keep growing in your life 

same pinch. I am interested in psychology as well as sociology. Keep it up. Karl Marx has really good works...

Diya all of us are growing and now that you just started your studies you will explore soo much and love psychology even more. We grow when we know the right knowledge and I really hope you get the knowledge that your looking for in life and learn and grow in ways you wished!!! 

All the best!

Hey! First of all I am so glad that someone as young as you is reading about Karl Marx, kudos for that. Much of sociology and psychology intersects in different ways, even Karl Marx has a role to play. I hope you're able to find these intersections as you learn more. I read a few posts here and I am actually happy to see these young students not giving up their academic interests for distractions and stress. I hope in future you have all the strength to maintain this position. 

We are so similar. When I was in 11th, I was most interested in sociology and psychology, and I took up psychology as my main subject and social work as my minor. I'd love to know you more,and have conversations with you about the subjects. If you'd like I can give you my notes, depending on your board and all. I'd love to get in contact with you!

Share: