From knowing nothin...

Notifications
Clear all

From knowing nothing to loving psychology to bits

27 Posts
24 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hello people! My journey with psychology has been a little different. 

Most people study psychology in their high school and develop interest and later, decide on pursuing it as their career, which is not my case. I had literally 0 knowledge about psychology as a subject.

Flashback to my HSC examinations, I passed with distinction and was quite satisfied with my grades. I visited a career counsellor, as I was very confused which field to choose next. My maths was very weak and he suggested I take up something in Arts. I went through a few options and somehow, stumbled upon, and remained persistent on choosing psychology. And it was the best decision I made for myself! 

I cannot envision myself in any  field not related to psychology! In my initial two years of graduation, I was not very proactive as I am now. Now that I'm in my final year, I've realised the importance of my career and my love for it, and am working proactively as much as I can, exploring psychology to the depth, learning skills and gaining knowledge as well as experience. 

People have talked behind my back, saying Arts is taken by the students least interested in studies or that the career I chose has no scope and relevance, and all sorts of things. 

For me, psychology has been so growth enhancing, I've learned the importance of mental health, how society functions and most importantly, the need for psychology! 

I'm very ambitious and am working hard to achieve my dreams, to shut people down and make my parents chin up with pride! Do not listen to what people have to say, just follow your passion, go with your gut, work hard and you shall definitely succeed !! 

Divya Chopade December 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Hello, 

Thank you for sharing your journey , it's very inspiring! Even i had never studied psychology as a subject in High school ... eventually after 12th I choose BA psy bcz there was nothing more interesting than this subject. Since then psychology has been the love of my life ! 

Once again thank you for sharing!

Sending good vibes your way❤️

Deepali Kungwani Topic starter December 13, 2020 3:41 pm

Lots of love dear❤️ @Divya Chopade

Vanshika sharma December 13, 2020 3:45 pm

Hey! Thankyou so much for sharing this experience with us. I am so inspired by this story of yours! We can do anything we put our heart to. I hope you become really successful in what you do. Lots of love❤️

Israela Pinto December 13, 2020 3:49 pm

@deepalikungwani Your journey is so relatable!! Continue doing what you're doing 🙂

Aanchal December 13, 2020 3:53 pm

Hello, loved your journey🤗❤️ you will love this family

Sneha Agrawal December 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Hey,it does not matter how u came across Psychology but u did come across this interesting subject.Feel lucky for yourself.Let people talk.Become established in this field and then show them,as" Actions speak louder than words." Best of luck friend!!✨

Elysia Fernandes December 13, 2020 8:48 pm

Hey Deepali! 
i relate to a lot of the things you mentioned. So glad you could share your story with us. Wishing you all the very best in your future endeavours 💖

Lavanya Bahl December 13, 2020 8:59 pm

Thanks for such positivity. I hope you achieve your dreams faster. Good luck!!

Yuvanue chauhan December 13, 2020 11:26 pm

THANKS  for sharing your experience. All the best for your future and the most important present .

Yuvanue chauhan December 13, 2020 11:27 pm

THANKS  for sharing your experience. All the best for your future and the most important present .

Sayeeda Zaiba December 13, 2020 11:44 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us and inspiring us. It really brings us all together when we are trying to break the stigma around specific fields of subjects and not going with the norms. I wish you the very best for your future. 

Akshita Wasnik December 13, 2020 11:46 pm

Helloooo, thank you for sharing your story, being an arts student myself I can relate to this quite well. Good luck.

Manasi Bhosale December 14, 2020 2:38 am

I like your spirit! Prove them wrong! 

OMKAR KATE December 14, 2020 2:48 am

Hello,

Great decision on taking psychology as a subject. I agree with you that it is growth enhancing and people need to understand the importance of mental health. Thank you very much for sharing your experience. All the best for your future

Preethama December 14, 2020 2:57 am

hey there, congrats for making it this far. i have was not proactive in my initial 2 years and i cant imagine the amount of work ive done these past 6 months. your story is inspiring. thanks for sharing.

Sayeeda Zaiba December 14, 2020 7:18 am

Hey. It's great to hear that you've found something that you absolutely love. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter how it happened bit just the fact that it happened. I wish you the very best for your future. 

10 Answers

Even i also like you in my 1st year of ug in psychology. Now I'm loving it. 

Deepali Kungwani Topic starter December 13, 2020 3:43 pm

You'll love it even more as you study it. Best wishes!! @ L. ayshwaryalakshmi

I am so glad that this subject worked its magic on you and you are satisfied with it. Good to know that you are exploring it more and hope to see you doing great work one day. Wishing you all the best for future!

Hi Deepali , first of all I'm so proud of you that you overcame those challenges and still have the positivity in you , that's a strength in you and secondly I'm really happy for you as you found the career that gives you the sense of contentment. All the best for your future.

Hey thank you for sharing , it was inspiring 🌸

Thank you for sharing your very inspiring story! I think a lot of people have been where you have, me included, and it's always really nice to hear that you find your passion and stop caring about others

Psychology has changed my life too, and i kinda have the same story as you. I hope you achieve more and more things in life. Thank you for sharing your story ❤️

It's inspiring. Thanks for sharing your journey. Glad you are more satisfied with your subject.  Keep going. All the very best for your brighter future ❤️

It is true, Psychology is all growing and learning. It's nice to know how we have found interest in psychology in different ways. With all, that positivity and strongly belief you were able to overcome those rumors and all backstabbing. Thank you for sharing :)) <3 

Sad to see that people still think  that humanities is taken up by students who are not interested in studies and that psychology has no relevance and career prospects. People don’t know much about psychology and I think that’s why they assume that it’s something that shouldn’t be considered as a career choice. 
But I’m so happy that you decided to opt psychology and went against the people who told you otherwise.
All the best for you future 💕

Hey.. Your story brought one very sensitive point of society very bravely... That's don't listen what society comments just consider them as challenge and win over .

Wish u best in life. 

Share: