Notifications
Clear all

From cardio to clinical psychology to art therapy

4 Posts
5 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter

Hey all, 

My name is Meenal and I am currently pursuing MA in clinical psychology. I was a science student back and wanted to become a cardiologist. In my 12th grade, I opted for psychology instead of maths(because I hate it to the core). That was when I realized I would be happier talking to people than giving them anesthesia and operating on them. I started researching about it, did my Bachelor's and got into a reputed college in Mumbai via numerous interviews. In this lockdown, I tried some art and eventually got into it so much that i did 100 days of art. Currently, I'm exploring on how art and psychology can benefit people. All in all, it had been a fun ride. Looking for more ups and downs. Cheers🌻

4 Answers

@meenal wow! 100 days of art is a big deal. Happy to hear that you were able to pursue psychology and contribute. Art + Psychology can be used to treat a patient recovering from heart issue. So in one way your dream job of becoming a cardiologist is also achieved. 

Hey! Yes, Psychology is everywhere. You can learn art therapy in future. Keep helping:). All the best. 

Congratulations on getting into a good College Meenal! You can review Expressive arts therapy if you wish to figure out how you can blend art and Psychology to help people. Good luck 🤗

That’s quite a journey. I would love to know more about expressive art therapy. I find them super engaging😊

Share: