Clear all

Heyyo everybody!

7 Posts
6 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter

Hope you people are doing good and coping well with the current times! 🌻 

pronouns--he/him

My name is Rahul Masurkar and I decided to pursue psychology as a career after a mental health breakdown in my 12th. When I was diagnosed, I knew nothing about mental health-- I never had paid attention or was thought anything about it.

But that was 3 years ago. Now I am on my way to becoming a Clinical psychologist ( my therapist is my inspiration) and am doing better mental health wise. I am starting my bachelor of psychology honours course from Griffith University Australia in March 2021.  

Lately I have been fascinated by the Japanese culture of Hikikomori ( extreme form of social withdrawal ) and would like to get to the bottom of it. I am passionate about spreading mental health awareness and normalizing asking for help so that people don't have to suffer in silence.

my hobbies--Nature Photography, listening to podcasts  ( mostly psychology podcasts) and music ( Cosmo Sheldrake, Kimbra, Scorpions, Sting/Police and many more ), and gardening.

That's all folks!! Looking forward to meeting interesting people on here!

DFTBA (Don't Forget To Be Awesome) 

Smriti Jha December 11, 2020 3:10 pm

@minivet welcome Rahul 🙂

Osheen Singh December 11, 2020 4:03 pm

@minivet hey! Working with you would be definitely going to be a thrilling experience as we'll be going to know your live exaexam and coping strategies. Looking forward to work with you!

Happy soul

3 Answers

Hey! Its amazing what you are doing and what you are aiming to do in future... Keep it up! Good luck!

Rahul Masurkar Topic starter December 11, 2020 1:01 pm

@yamini24 Thanks a lot Yamini 🤗

Hey there, I'm so glad that you decided to carry on and believed in yourself. If you know it or not, I'm sure you've been an inspiration for many. I've had a few breakdowns in the past, but view was foggy back then, as soon as I shifted, things started to be a lot more clearer. I love listening to music too, although I might have a slight difference with the genre, it's still great to see people enjoying one of the greatest joys. Wishing you a lot of strength and positivity in your future.

Thinker/ Dreamer/ Believer

Rahul Masurkar Topic starter December 11, 2020 1:00 pm

@carenolaren Hi Caren, thanks for taking the time and writing such a beautiful reply! Wishing you a lot of strength and happiness too!🥰

Hello brother, you are truly awesome . though you have experienced it i feel you are going to rock on this field and it also shows your willingness to help a lot of people overcome the situation that has been experienced by you . hope you reach heights in what you do. Even i had some bad past that almost took me to the state of depression. Believe in yourself brother you can achieve a lot more that what to actually think . keep up with your own sawg and enjoy the life on your own way.

Sakthiswaari

Share: