Notifications
Clear all

Why psychology??

17 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Cause I can read your mind, just kidding.
The thing about psychology is you get to understand the way people behave how they think, act etc. The perks about studying psychology is during this journey you get to learn about your self, you totally change. It's like psychology is the Potter and the one studying is the clay. Psychology moulds you into a better person. If you are into community service or you want to help families, children or make a difference in someone else's life then psychology is the perfect choice for you.
Psychology is a very vast field
There is criminal psychology, positive psychology, abnormal psychology, sports psychology,  health psychology etc.
Well there are lot of carrier options in psychology : you can teach, do research, be a cool counselor, a clinical psychologist etc.
Well this was very brief information about my subject.

Pooja Choudhary December 14, 2020 11:30 am

@karenfernandes You really got me at 'Cause I can read your mind'. Hahah. Although this is helpful for whoever wants to pursue their career in psychology, seems like a broad spectrum! Peace! ^.^

Fatima Vinod December 14, 2020 6:58 pm

haha the first line is genuinely everyone to me when I tell them that I chose psychology as my career haha. Hope you have a fun a smooth time ahead!!!

Karen Fernándes Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Happens to me as well.  

Thank you, I will definitely try and have fun.  All the best to you! 

Sabira Solanki December 14, 2020 11:42 pm

Haha the beginning, you totally sound like a fun person. Also your analogy was so cool, the perfect description of the relation between the field and anyone studying it. Psychology truly changes you for the better. Your work was precise but really informative, best of luck in everything you do!

Nandhini December 15, 2020 4:07 pm

The first line sounds great!!! Hahaha..as a psychology student I'm too facing this..reading mind 😂

Pooja Gupta January 30, 2021 8:45 pm

Thank you so much for writing this. Low-key I wanted to read something like this. I really like that example wherein you stated about potter and clay. I am genuinely happy after reading this.

6 Answers

thank you so much for saying the various career options in this field. I have a keen interest in criminal psychology. If you know some thing about it can you help me ?

Sakthiswaari

Short and precise, very helpful! 

Karen Fernándes Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:28 pm

Thank you 🤗 

Very well put! And I really liked the analogy. Thank you for this!

Sukrutha Mudhol December 14, 2020 4:41 pm

hey I liked the way you related psychology with pottery. True, there is so much to learn. thanks for listing the different branches in short. It helped me.

goodluck 🤗  

Karen Fernándes Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:29 pm

I'm glad that it helped you. Wishing you good luck as well. Thank you for reading 🤗 

Oh that's so true. We start evolving while studying psychology. That has happened to me as well. You start looking at the world differently. Like someone just changed your lens to become more empathetic and helping. It's really hard to hate someone when you know that if someone's behaving in a bad way, there has to be a reason behind it. 

I really like the way you've put things into words. That was a great explanation!!

Karen Fernándes Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:31 pm

I'm glad that you liked it. Thanks for reading 

It's amazing how you explained psychology in some simple and amazing terms. And it's so true, that no matter whichever field you choose under psychology, you'll definitely have a lot of fun. Glad to come across someone with some really good thoughts. Cheers🌻

Haaa so true, literally everyone ust asks the same when I say I am learning psychology 😂, yeah all the best dear

Karen Fernándes Topic starter December 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Thank you. Wishing you all the best 

Share: