What's wrong with m...

Notifications
Clear all

What's wrong with me !!

32 Posts
23 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hey, 🖐️ all you beautiful people! 🌺 🌼  Hope you all are doing well. So, I don’t know where to start.. science my childhood there was only one question that bothered me a lot, “What’s wrong with me?” 😓 . I would say mine was a very secure childhood but more in a materialistic way. I have a brother, and he is mentally retarded. It seems very normal to u, right? Yeah, it was for me also 🙂 .. but the society, my teachers, my relatives, my friends all were more interested in my brother's so-called “disability”, and started questioning my abilities also... And then I decided  “ I want to be a doctor “ 😷 , why? Because I want to know why my brother is different, why peoples behave in that way, and again why people behave in the way they do with me. well these things are very harder to manage for a 7-year-old kid ..and after higher secondary, I changed my mind, I decided to pursue psychology, because simply I thought it will be beneficial for my dream. And then the second chapter of my life begins … I failed to find any difference between my professors and professors from other fields in terms of their mindset, way of thinking .. so again I was disappointed 🤢 . now after 2 years of continuing with psychology, I can say it changes me as a person, it makes me more confident, more empathetic, more optimistic, it makes me a person that was a dream for me when I was a kid, a person I want those days … And now I know there is nothing wrong with me 😌 

Jigyasa vashistha December 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Hearing your story touched me deeply you have a sense of good intuition.. Listen to it always.. It will guide in tough times.. & good times to.. Wishing you all the very best in psychology field. Damn you girl.. You stood up for yourself.. Is in itself such a big thing.. Be proud of yourself.. You are gonna inspire a whole lot of people.. Bdw I too have strict parents.. We have something in comman🤣Thanks for sharing your story ❤Hoping to connect🙏😇.. Stay happy.. 

Ranjima Raveendran December 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Your story is really inspiring. Sometimes it's hard for the society to accept certain things. When it comes to mental health, the condition is even worst. Let's hope that someday everything will change! 

vrinda tuteja December 13, 2020 10:22 pm

hey shramana. i would only like to sat that there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. please do not ever let anyone else make you question yourself. your piece was extremely touching. i hope your brother is doing well. i hope you are too. take care. sending lots of love and warmth your way :)))

Pratik Jha December 14, 2020 1:23 am

Loved how you didn't stop and kept going

Khushi Garg December 14, 2020 1:40 am

Your story is so honest and uniquely yours. Your reason is so pure that I am sure you will help others more passionately than most. All the bestttt!!!!! 

Dhriti Chadha December 14, 2020 6:17 am

Your story has inspired me. At such a young age people rarely think of all this. They take it as an embarrassment. I’m sure your family would be so proud of you, it’s so positive seeing people have their dream fulfilled!

SUBHASHREE December 14, 2020 6:29 am

It's very inspring. Thank you for sharing with us. 

Aleesha Joykutty December 14, 2020 10:40 am

Your story has inspired me. At such a young age people rarely think of all this. They take it as an embarrassment. 

Look forward and have courage,

soon you will be right as rain again.

We are with you!

Things may not seem much now,

but you will feel good again.

We wish that that time is soon!

15 Answers

Hearing your story touched me deeply you have a sense of good intuition.. Listen to it always.. It will guide in tough times.. & good times to.. Wishing you all the very best in psychology field. Damn you girl.. You stood up for yourself.. Is in itself such a big thing.. Be proud of yourself.. You are gonna inspire a whole lot of people.. Bdw I too have strict parents.. We have something in comman🤣Thanks for sharing your story ❤Hoping to connect🙏😇.. Stay happy.. 

Shramana Singha Roy Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:08 am

thank you 🍻 

Hey , there is nothing wrong with you...don't let the world get you down 

Shramana Singha Roy Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:12 am

yeah 🌹 🌺 

Hello shramana!!

there is absolutely nothing wrong with you.. I am glad that you shared your story with us..it shows how strong you are.. stay happy and best wishes to you! 🤗 

Shramana Singha Roy Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:11 am

thank you🤗

Your story is very inspiring, thank you for sharing with us! It must be really tough living like that, and I'd just like to say that you're very brave. I'm glad you found something to feel passionate about and to hold on to

(I'd also like to recommend the tv show Atypical on netflix. Reading about your story reminded me of it)

Shramana Singha Roy Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:11 am

hey , thanks for the suggestion , 🤗 🤗 

Hey, 

I am so happy for you! I am glad that even after facing these hurdles in life , instead of giving up u kept on trying. Good to hear that you have achieved your dream to be urself. I am sure nothing is wrong with you, what is wrong is the people's mindset and how they easily judge people. Don't give up and surely you will succeed.

Shramana Singha Roy Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:09 am

thank you 🤗 

So sad to know about your brother dear. 

I always believe if you have social interactions, they should support you in such cases. Doubting your abilities is a very wrong thing to do, and I'd suggest you cut contact with whoever does so, no matter how close they are to you. It definitely affects your mental health and you start doubting yourself. 

Stay strong in this battle, and all the best for your future❤️

Shramana Singha Roy Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:05 am

thank you 🌺 

You're very strong, you keep trying and never give up. Best wishes for your future.

Shramana Singha Roy Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:49 am

thank you 🤗 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you!

every human being is different and that's what make them unique. one-of-a-kind!

More power to you and your brother! I hope you shine and bring a change in the mindset of our society!

Shramana Singha Roy Topic starter December 14, 2020 1:48 am

thank you 🌺 🌻 

i can totally relate on the life changing part, psychology has changed my life as well. Thank you for sharing your story with us ❤️ 

There's nothing wrong with you. You're meant to be unique, embrace that and hold your head high. Moving forward you'll face numerous difficulties in life and we all are rooting for you. Go and be amazing! 

World will judge no matter what we do and how we are. So don't mind what other says just be urself strong. There is nothing wrong with you. Be happy and keep going u can make the change.🤗

Your experience not only happens juz because your brother is different, it might also happen if they start comparing you with your brother when he is healthy too. you told that you wanted to pursue medicine until your 7th grade . whatever the field that you are pursuing it all includes you hard work dedication and love that you have towards this field.  Hope you reach heights in what ever you do

Sakthiswaari

@shramana Hey Shramana! The question you kept asking yourself for years, I think somewhere we all did. We have a habit of listening to what others have an opinion about us. And I don't blame anyone, it is human nature. But we need to stop that. We do not need other person's opinion. What you think about yourself, what you put out about yourself in the world, the world believes that. Never back down! And no, nothing is wrong with you, we are all human. 🙂 Peace!

Shramana Singha Roy Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:31 am

Yeah now I can understand that but it wasn't possible for me then, and I didn't blame anyone but yeah definitely it's something they need to change .. and it's not human nature we didn't evolve it.. but yeah you're we can try to change their mindset . 💕☺️ Thank you

You're everything right and everything beautiful Sharmana! It's very sad how your Psychology professors were but I'm happy for the place you're in presently. So good to see how Psychology helped you in so many ways and you can make it all worthwhile by remaining this positive and confident and helping those in need to get there as well. 

Hearing your story touched me deeply you have a sense of good intuition.

Share: