My journey on self-...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] My journey on self-love❤💕

24 Posts
14 Users
10 Likes
Topic starter

Hello everyone, I hope you and your family is safe out there 🤗 Thank you for coming here, taking your precious time out and reading this. Let me firstly intoduce myself! My name is Rithika Belamkar and i'm a 12th grade science student. 

Who says miracles dont happen? My journey was a whole miracle I would say.

I used to personally hate myself...You wanna know why?

Because I had thick thighs, bumpy stomach basically a chubby fat girl. At first, I wouldn't think more and stress alot on this particular phase because I was a tomboy kinda... Always playing out, doing fun, chilling and having no boundaries. 

But I never knew the outside world yet, then on the real tornados started entering my life. At first, obviously the relatives and society falls in line. It was very disturbing for me. I had no ones moral support, none knew about what was going in my mind. Not even my parents or friends. 

No one ever said me that, "Rithika, being fat is ok but it's not healthy!"

I swear if someone had said me this even for once, I wouldn't think twice and could start working on myself!

But no, they gave reasons of society, marriage, carrier, my future etc.

At some point I almost gave up on myself. Hating myself like hell. Looking of no hope around and no moral support.

But, the only one thing flashed my mind was, the last words that my aggi(grandmother) said to me,

" This journey called life, is not so easy and happy as you see in your childhood. There will be a stage where no one, not even your parents will be there for you! But always remember, You yourself is enough for you to go through everything and maybe even in hell."

Boom! The very next moment I realised how badly i've treated myself! 

Then on, I started loving myself, found that I was so unhealthy and lastly started working on myself 😌 

Then now, i'm here proud of my old me for not giving up! Yes, this is my not so heroic but a small life changing journey. I just wanna say to each and everyone of you that, Don't worry everything has its own pace of bringing the bright days back!

If you dont see the negativity around you, then how will you be able to embrace the positivity around you!?

Stay strong and stay safe! 🌺 ❤️ 

Elon bhengra December 13, 2020 9:28 pm

it was so good to know about you. you are beautiful girl. More power to you girl.

Jigyasa vashistha December 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Oh oh oh..  This is so similar to me... I too have been there... Please don't feel alone in this..  You are getting all the self love & care you want.. Be confident in whatever skin & space you are.. Live you life to the best I had done few mistakes by letting my self tied down.. Don't you dare do that.. Thanks for sharing your story ❤Hoping to connect🙏😇.. Stay happy.. 

Sayeeda Zaiba December 13, 2020 11:39 pm

It takes a strong will to share your troubles to bring out awareness. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and reassuring us that it really is okay to be how you are and we absolutely don't  owe anyone anything. Not even our self doubt. I wish you all the luck and I hope that you're doing well. I can't wait to learn more from you. 

Vipassana Gautam December 14, 2020 8:31 am

It is completely heroic! To be able to love yourself in the right way, to pay attention to your body, mind and soul, to not fall into the toxic trap of "losing weight" but changing your unhealthy habits, all of this is completely heroic. And that too so young. Let me congratulate you for this. I myself am a healthy and sustainable lifestyle journey since a year now and this is all I have to say - if health (defining health as WHO did) is not part of your self love concept, then your self love needs an intervention.

Sending you all the positivity 🙂

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 14, 2020 2:52 pm

Thank you so much @elon @jigyasa @sayeeda @vipassana for your such lovely words and all caringness. Yes, I would love to know more about each and everyone of you! Feel free to ping me on my instagram and snapchat handle. Once again thank u so much. Stay blessed and stay safe 🤗 

Ritu raj December 14, 2020 5:29 pm

"You" is the most important thing in this whole world. Thank you. And really proud to know this.

9 Answers

What your grand mother said is hard hitting and very true. Thanku for sharing your experience and more power to you 

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Thank you so much 🤗 

Im so proud of you and inspired too. Loving yourself is hard but it's also the best feeling!!

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Thank you so much! 🤗 

So proud of you! For choosing to love yourself over others. It is indeed true that at times, we do not find people who we think understand us nd that is a crucial time for self love. We have to be there for ourselves when we find that no one else is. Also, what societal norms fail to understand is that it important to be healthy but that necessarily should not include losing weight. And putting pressure on someone to lose weight is so not right. Thank you for sharing this part of your life, you're super strong. So much power to you!

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 14, 2020 2:40 pm

Thank you so much! 🤗 

Good to hear that you are now a person who loves self more than anyone in the world!! Thank you for reminding us too to love ourselves the most. I hope reading your article helps me stay a self loving person always. Keep going girl!

All the best

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 14, 2020 2:41 pm

Thank you so much... This truly inspires me alot to write more 🤗 

The relationship you share with your grandmother sounds wonderful. I'm constantly in that phase of my life too, because I'm on the thicker side, some days I embrace it and on some days i wish I'd live under a rock. Even though I still have ups and downs in my life, I've learnt to manage myself better and I'm so proud that there is no stopping you from reaching your goals. You are truly inspiring. Even if you are thin, fit or chubby, I'm sure you are a beautiful soul inside out. More power to you

Thinker/ Dreamer/ Believer

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 14, 2020 2:43 pm

Thank you so much 🤗 and yes whatever am I today is coz of my grandmother. Hope she is seeing me from above and is proud of it.

That was great, the word 'self-love' has caught my attention, reading your experience you seem gone through difficult challenges and obstacles but you did well in the end. Hope you keep doing it, sometimes that love will never be acquired from others but it starts within ourselves. 

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 14, 2020 2:44 pm

Absouletly! Thank you so much 🤗 

Thankyou for sharing your journey it will inspire many others just like it did inspire me. You are so strong. More power to you. 

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 14, 2020 2:45 pm

I am truly glad. Thank you so much 🤗 

Firstly, you're so brave and secondly, you have penned your struggles so amazingly. I'm glad you pointed out an important point of self-love that we have often skipped while meeting all the virtual deadlines in today's time. It is important to know that you are important just as every other person in your life. To growing and glowing, cheers🌻

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Thank you so much 🥺🤗

All the very best for future. ✨

Rithika Belamkar Topic starter December 14, 2020 2:45 pm

Thank you so much 🤗 

Share: