Notifications
Clear all

It's kinda crazy

3 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, my journey is kinda crazy. I was quite creative and carefree till 10th and also pretty good at studies. After completing my 10th, I had a plan set in my mind, I went to kota for over 2 years preparing for JEE. As the time went by, after about a year, I started to crumble under pressure. My health started to deteriorate. Mentally, Physically, emotionally i started draining, and the more my studies got affected more i became worse. Eventually going in depression and giving up everything, friends, my creativity, everything and was on the point of hitting rock bottom and committing suicide. 

Fortunately, my mom and di were there to stop me and then my di and my parents became my pillar support to help me out. Eventually, I came out of depression, but still gave JEE but then left science and started pursuing Bachelor's in Animation and graphics. Currently I am in 2nd year pursuing the course. And I believe it was the best decision. 

When I started building myself up, I realized that a lot of people face such similar conditions and a lot of people don’t understand specially Indian parents, who sometimes dismiss such things as a way of excuses. Students commit suicide in Kota, crumbling under the pressure of studies and feeling worthless. That’s when I decided I wanted to be able to help people. 

Recently, A friend of mine committed suicide, and it just pushed me more to want to learn and reach out to people and help them. Because I was once in that place and still even now, I sometimes feel lost even though my family and my elder sister are my best friend, but that is not the case for everyone. So, I wanted to reach people and help them as much as I can and that’s when I stumbled on budding psychologists. I am so grateful for this opportunity. 

Dhriti Chadha December 15, 2020 7:08 am

I’m happy to hear you took help when you needed it. You matter, these exams and all will come and go but please always prioritise your mental health. I’m really sorry for your loss, but wish you all the strength in this world!

Shanthi KKannan December 15, 2020 5:05 pm

All strength to you pal.

1 Answer

Hey Janvhi,

Sorry for your loss. Life is all about fighting the battles that aren't really easy. But be sure to love what you are doing. I'm sure you'll succeed.

Share: