Follow your dreams!

Notifications
Clear all

Follow your dreams!

15 Posts
16 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter

Every individual aspires to achieve something or the other in thier life. As the time goes , only few of our dreams and aspirations remain, and we need to work out level best to achieve them. 

When I was a kid, everytime someone asks me want I want to become in future I used to always say "doctor".  Eventually everyone in my family thought no matter what I would end up pursuing my career in medical field. However during the course of my studies I started losing interest in science. My interest was into psychology afterwards. 

During my 10th my parents asked me what I was planning to do next. Do I want to take science or arts, I was confused and wasn't sure of what I will do next. I spoke to one of my mom's friend who was a psychologist, she helped me understand what I truly wanted and motivated me to listen to my heart. 

Later I chose psychology, everytime I met up with my friends and relatives after my 10th they asked me if I chose science. When I told them I chose psychology they all laughed at me telling that eventually I will end up becoming a psycho for choosing psychology.

But now I know that I made the best decision. I enjoy studying and exploring more about this field. I want people to understand that studying psychology doesn't make you mad , it instead makes you help others who are suffering mentally. No matter what others say , jus follow your dreams. Never give up on your dreams and ambitions for others.

Aparna Jayachandran December 13, 2020 7:17 pm

Heyy!! I can totally relate to you on this. Having come from a family that is full of Science background, I really felt like a rebel taking up psych 😝 😝 . But i know this is one decision of mine that i will never regret in life.

Kirti manaktala December 13, 2020 7:23 pm

I can totally related with the "you'll become psycho if you take psychology" and the other judgments that come with it but nice to know that you are following your dream. I wish you all the luck in the world. stay safe and take care 

Navleen Kaur December 13, 2020 7:34 pm

It is really annoying when people see psychology as a subject for crazy people and it really demotivates many people from pursuing this subject. I am glad you chose this subject and would love to connect with you.

Elysia Fernandes December 13, 2020 8:00 pm

So glad you decided to follow your heart! I’m sure you’ll do great. All the best💖

Sani Lavakush December 13, 2020 8:17 pm

I admire you for clearing your doubts instead of just going with the flow. It is very important to be clear with your future. Also, I admire your parents that they helped you and supported you throughout this hard journey.

Ekta Mishra December 13, 2020 9:27 pm

I really know how that feels. Just because one chooses psychology doesnt mean that they end up being the psycho. Its like saying that the doctor broke his hand because he works as someone who fixes bones. Really doesn't make sense at all.

I feel what you went through as that is what i am going through right now.

Joanna Ann Daniel December 13, 2020 11:13 pm

Exactly! No matter what others say, do what your heart wants to do. People don't realize that their entire existence depends on psychology, and that is interesting for many!

8 Answers

People judge us in their view. That shouldn't influence us. You made a right decision. All the Best.

Glad to know your experience.Thanks..

All.the best for your future

So motivational words congratulations my friend keep sparking 

good to know more about you and i totally agree we should follow our dreams as that will led to our happiness 

Even I thought of becoming a doctor but then I changed to psychology which really I don’t regret. We will definitely show everyone that us psychologists are very much important too. Thank you for sharing this with everyone. 😊 

Very well said, we should never leave our ambitions because of others. Thanku for sharing your experience 

This was really inspiring! Thank you so much for writing this 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Ahosmi Dey

I read this early in the morning and it felt so good because I can instantly relate to you. As I kid I always wanted to become a scientist or an astronaut and growing up my passion turned towards art and designing. I kept exploring and experiencing. I am a poet now and pursuing Applied Psychology. Just like you, I feel that I've landed right in the place I fit in. An important thing to remember while growing up is that one should be flexible and adventurous. We keep growing and learning, so we should be as open to all the experiences and opportunities as we can. Try everything, know about everything, learn about everything. You won't know where your potential lies or maybe you'll take interest in something you never thought you would. Keep this mind, we change everyday, so do our passions, potentials, interests and capabilities. All the best for your future.

Share: