Notifications
Clear all

Be You!!!

23 Posts
24 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

BE YOU!! this is something that we come across a lot of time. We have had movies that try to deliver this message or we must have read certain books sometime that also portray this message. But when it comes to real life do we real understand what it means to stay true to ourselves? I feel a lot of us somewhere fail to understand the fact that when we decide to stay true to ourselves there is a lot at stake. 

In psychology this concept is very beautifully explained in terms of Individuality. I believe each person has their own individuality and that is what makes them unique and different from others. Earlier I had no idea that such a thing existed because I personally feel that we from a very young age are conditioned to follow others and listen to others especially our elders. In such a scenario we fail to have the necessary decision making skills. 

When I started learning psychology I understood what it means to be yourself and how important it is for your growth as a better human being. Initially I faced a lot of backlash from people including my parents and close friends because there were certain times and for certain things that I refused to change my decision. Though people were against me, when I did things because I wanted to do it I felt a great level of satisfaction and happiness. I feel this is somethings that is very important, unless you yourself are not happy, you can not keep the people around you happy and for that to happen you must be at peace with the internal conflicts you face. 

It took me a while to fully accept the fact that it is okay if you are different from your parents or your close friends, if you have different opinions from them etc., what matters is to accept yourself the way you are and also to realize that sometimes change is good.

Today I can confidently say that I am blessed to have few people in my life who accept me the way i am. 

Simran Rai December 13, 2020 12:55 pm

More power to you girl!!! Thank you for sharing such inspiring words... 😊 All the best

Harshita Vaswani December 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Yes be yourself

You go gurl!

Tanisha Ajmani December 13, 2020 1:25 pm

So beautifully written 

Karisma December 13, 2020 2:40 pm

That's so true, it's so necessary to be yourselves and it's also important to understand that being different is not wrong, it's just different. Glad that you have people in your life that accept you. Stay happy. 

Neha Upasani December 13, 2020 5:53 pm

Good..If two people don't agree it really doesn't mean the one is wrong so Being firm for your decision is way more important..

Elysia Fernandes December 13, 2020 8:53 pm

Hey Aparna! This is so inspiring! Hope you make the most out of everything. All the best💖

Aishwarya December 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Thank you so much. You made me feel so good. Keep up the good work!! 😀 

Yuvanue chauhan December 13, 2020 11:15 pm

HELLO APARNA, THANKS  for sharing your experience. All the best for your future and the most important present .

Shiv Chhatrala December 14, 2020 10:19 am

This was worth reading, people often talk about this but most of us are not able to work on ourselves, due to which we try to find a connection outside to fulfill our inner self. Accepting self gives us the strength to accept others around us which can automatically make our relationships better.

This was inspiring 🙂

13 Answers

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, your words inspire me a lot . We should focus on the individuality but unfortunately many of us failed to do that... 

Amrita Jain December 13, 2020 12:59 pm

this is seriously so inspiring..somewhere i too think that i am following the norms as pre prescribe by the society and defining myself as a part of same society..this remainded me that i have to belong to myself and find find myself...

Aye this is so beautiful, I actually could understand on a personal level what you wrote down. Psychology had it's different impacts on people and love where it has brought you. 

Much discussed less impacted topic. Explained in a way that strives practice not theory

You've explained it so well, kudos to you for smoothly choosing only what you believed 🙂, good luck buddy

Hello! It indeed takes a lot of courage to overcome our insecurities and challenges and to accept ourselves with our imperfections as more often than not we tend to be our harshest critics. But the fact, that this field helps us broaden our own perspectives and helps us strive to be a better human everyday is amazing. So glad to see that you're at peace with yourself and growing. Luck to you for more contributions in this field😊

Thanks for sharing your experience.

This is soo inspiring. Thankyou soo much for sharing 😊

1. Thisss is sooo good! Well written!💜

@aparnajayachandran I quote as per your question, "The right ones stay even at your worst, the wrong ones leave even at your best". You sent a wonderful message there girl! Peace and Take care ^.^

Hey thank you so much for sharing this it was very inspirational ! 🌸

Tooo good to read your article. Self love is surely much necessary for an individual. And your article is really so good. Thank you for sharing this. 

The most important thing to realize, reflect and accept in everyone's life. I hope this helps me and you and everyone reading this article lead a life being the person we really, actually are. Thank you for reminding us all!! Keep going!

All the best

Hey,

Being urself is truly a very important for every individual. We all are trained to behave or act in a way the society wants. But it's high time people change this mindset of theirs. No matter what others say, make sure to love urself and be urself. Don't change for anybody.

Share: