All From Just A Dro...

Notifications
Clear all

All From Just A Drop Of Ink

23 Posts
12 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

My passion for writing began at a very young age, I remember I was in 4th std, when I wrote my first ever short story on ghosts and how my friends took turn by turn to read it. And ever since then writing as always been a part of me.
But time passed by and I got on with other things

Now, I'm not gonna lie, but during my middle school days, I was a very peculiar child, atleast that's what people felt about me. I was this new kid, in a completely new place just trying to adjust. But it wasn't easy because I was an easy target to bully and would often fall into the shenanigans these people tried to pull.

As I was living away from my parents, it wasn't easy to talk to them and nor did I have any friends I could talk to, that's when writing came swooping back into my life again, and it has never left since then

I've often wondered how it is or from where it is that I got my passion for writing from, until one day I came across a box full of my mother's writings, notes and diaries. I wish she were here today so we could share our poems with each other and have beautiful long conversations about it. But I'm glad I'm carrying on her legacy and hopefully she's happy watching from up above!💫

I guess all I'm trying to say is, the art of expressing is extremely important in our lives, even if you aren't really great with words or coming forward and speaking, there are even better ways you can chose to do it. I personally feel that I express myself the best through my poetries, that is how I'd like to be remembered too.

All these years I've always dreaded to call myself a writer, because I felt I wasn't good enough, but finally in all these months I've realized that nothing gives more joy than being known or called as a poet, even if it's just me who calls herself that.

To all those people who've read till so far, thank you so much, I'd like to conclude with a poem of mine, just so I've felt that I've expressed myself :

In a paradox world with
monochromatic thoughts
Shedding light from time to time
Yet creating a hoax.
Underrated vision with overpowering words
left unnoticed if not derided and slurred.
Crippling into the masses
that unclenched the final chord
created a massacre like no other.
Let all iniquities dwell in the furnace
for an exit to be found
a beginning so profound.
Unraveling a few promises
that were once left to rot
the strings to the puppets too
have been cut short.
Passing the baton, the relays begin
ignited with fire, ready to win.
Oh but the twists, the unsettling twists
With the odds yet being in favor,
Stakes are high, near the finish line
An inevitable end,
Where one holds and empire
and the other buried six feet under.

• P. S ~ I'm sorry if it got a little lengthy😅

Thinker/ Dreamer/ Believer

Shanthi KKannan December 14, 2020 3:25 pm

HEY.. Writer. Good poem🖤

All the best.

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 20, 2020 12:44 am

Thank you so much!🥰

10 Answers

Wow that's a really nice poem. 

Well I'm sure your mom is really happy  that your   a poet and she must be sending tons of blessings from above.

I know how it feels, I lost my dad when I was in the 10th and that's when I started to write. One can express better when in pain. 

Keep up the good work girl. 

You got this. All the best. 

In case you want to talk about anything I'm here. I can be a good  friend. 

You can contact me through insta

My instagram ID is _karen_joan_

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Thank you so much, really means a lot that shared a personal experience of yours, I'm here for you too if you ever want to talk, my insta Id is carenolaren! Wishing you all the love and strength ♥️

I'm happy that you shared such an amazing writeup with us. It surely tells.a lot about you. I'm glad you're doing what makes you grow. To growing and glowing, cheers🌻

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:44 pm

Thank you so much! Means a lot🥰

Hey, it's soo good to see that you've accepted yourself as a writer. And I know how it feels to change places, get into new schools try to be friendly with people who don't really care.

I'm glad that you've come across wonderful and for the poem hat's off buddy. That was amazing. 

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 14, 2020 11:46 pm

Feels nice to know that someone understands and relates. Thank you so much for reading the poem, wishing you all the love and strength 🍃

Hey there, that was a beautiful poem, just like you.. I'm so sorry that you had been "labelled" during your childhood. You're really talented, I'm so proud of you, and I'm sure your mother is too, from the beautiful place above. Words are truly an amazing way to express feelings.  hope you continue to write wonderful pieces like this, best of luck!

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 15, 2020 11:55 am

Thank you so much! Words truly amazing, really meant a lot. All the best to you too😊

Sabira Solanki December 17, 2020 1:56 am

Anytime! Take care of yourself!

Jigyasa vashistha December 23, 2020 1:03 am

Sending you positive vibes💐✨❤

Woww that's nice to hear, I hope u r keeping good, stay the same and  and happy. All the best for ur future endeavours and hope to see u as a successful poet 

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 15, 2020 11:55 am

Thank you!💫

Good poem ❤️

Loved reading it!

More love and strength to you!

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 15, 2020 11:56 am

Thank you so much! More strength and love to you too 😄

I wish I could write so beautifully.. I hope you are doing great.. ❤️ 

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 16, 2020 6:19 pm

I'm sure you write beautifully too! Thank you so much, I'm going good, hope you're keeping well too😄

WOW!!!

I'm am really glad you found your solace in writing...

You have evolved so much.

I'm sure your mother is watching you from the heavens..Happy and Proud.

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 17, 2020 5:49 pm

Thank you so much! Really means a lot😊

Hey Caren, I totally agree with you that self expression is very important. I used to experience depression and negative thoughts and the only retreat I had was my Diary. I couldn't share my problems with my friends because I considered none of them to be worthy enough. Writing definitely helped me to solve my problems,as by writing down my thoughts on paper I got a better understanding and structure of them. So yeah self expression is one of the best ways if you want to ease yourself out during hard times.

And yeah, when you said that you don't need validation of others to consider yourself a writer.......that was wisdom. I too had intrest in science and persued it till class 12. But due to some circumstances,I had to give up science after class 12. I used to feel pity on myself that I won't be able to learn science any further....but then I thought that one shouldn't necessarily be enrolled in science course In order to learn science. I could learn it from online resources as well.....afterall I loved science for what it was.....not because I wanted to be considered as a scientist by the society and so from that day till now..... Every day I study science for 1hr daily regardless of my job/schedule.

So yeah.....our intrest and intentions are the only things which are important.🙂

Caren Mascarenhas Topic starter December 20, 2020 12:43 am

Hey Vishal! Thank you so much for taking your time and reading my story and to tell me yours too, even if we dont know each other, I'm always here if you need someone to talk to, I'm more than happy to listen to your troubles. And I'm proud of you that you didnt give on science regardless of the circumstances you went through. May your dreams and passions stay strong and you achieve through all your obstacles😄

Sending you positive vibes💐✨❤

Share: